1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Gonna go shopping today hopefully I’ll find the Gulf Golf and Mclaren. Still haven’t found the Skyline R34 from the car culture set.
Speaking of Golf and the R34 found both at two different stores
CB7AA9C3-6048-4F83-998E-ABB51DBC0A03.jpeg

Also completed the rally cars set and found the blacked out Dodge Charger from the D case. Still no E or F case cars yet.

Last edited:
I wanted to share the preorder link to amiami on Initial D 4-car set by Kyosho. $63(USD) + shipping. In case some of you may be interested!
I would love to have this set but I'm already dropping $170 for several other models... Buuuut if I don't pre-order I'll probably never get them, so I guess it's a possibility:lol:

Last edited:
I would love to have this set but I'm already dropping $170 for several other models... Buuuut if I don't pre-order I'll probably never get them, so I guess it's a possibility:lol:
Take a deep breath. You can't buy them all! :P

I wanted to share the preorder link to amiami on Initial D 4-car set by Kyosho. $63(USD) + shipping. In case some of you may be interested!

Edit: If I still collected:

View attachment 799204 View attachment 799203

I was going to recommend the official Schuco shop for anyone interested in these since the price is lower, but apparently shipping outside of Europe is an outrageous 30€. Yikes.
Plus that particular Mercedes is out of stock anyway.

Oh yeah, the unimog is super cool and everyone should buy it. :D

Last edited:
One step forward, three steps back.
I have sold way more than I’ve bought, but it’s a large collection & I’m lazy. :P
I was going to recommend the official Schuco shop for anyone interested in these since the price is lower, but apparently shipping outside of Europe is an outrageous 30€. Yikes.
Plus that particular Mercedes is out anyway.

Oh yeah, the unimog is super cool and everyone should buy it. :D
Really nice haul in that post. 👍 Are Schuco accurate 1/64? I did browse Schuco site little bit last night hoping to find larger pics of their preorder Golf & Mercedes(found their current releases instead).

Finally found the Gulf McLaren. Only one left on the pegs alongside two Mustangs. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the MK7 Golf will be hard to find. The VW/Subaru fanbase in Maine is huge.

I have sold way more than I’ve bought, but it’s a large collection & I’m lazy. :P

Really nice haul in that post. 👍 Are Schuco accurate 1/64? I did browse Schuco site little bit last night hoping to find larger pics of their preorder Golf & Mercedes(found their current releases instead).

I’ve been packing my cars and getting rid of the ones I feel I don’t need. I’m being really brutal in trying to reduce my collection. I’m not bothering to sell, only donate. Just last night I opened quite a few boxed and sealed Tomicas purely for ‘donation’. You’ll raise an eyebrow if you could see my ‘donation’ basket.

I have the Schuco Mercedes and Mini. They should be 1/64. Good overall quality,metal base. Tiny sell them here in HK and they still have that Police Merc for sale. Maybe shipping from HK to US is cheaper than from EU

https://www.tiny.com.hk/?s=Schuco&post_type=product&lang=en

I’ve been packing my cars and getting rid of the ones I feel I don’t need. I’m being really brutal in trying to reduce my collection. I’m not bothering to sell, only donate. Just last night I opened quite a few boxed and sealed Tomicas purely for ‘donation’. You’ll raise an eyebrow if you could see my ‘donation’ basket.
That's an awesome thing you are doing. 👍👍 Not that I don't donate, but with collecting, it's sort of investing for me. I roll the profit into whatever I'm collecting or doing next. Unfortunately, DVD collection didn't quite workout the same way. :lol:
I have the Schuco Mercedes and Mini. They should be 1/64. Good overall quality,metal base. Tiny sell them here in HK and they still have that Police Merc for sale. Maybe shipping from HK to US is cheaper than from EU

https://www.tiny.com.hk/?s=Schuco&post_type=product&lang=en
I really like that green police car. So much vintage Euro goodness. 👍

They look accurate so I never got around to checking. Until now!

The Mercedes 300SL has a length of 4520 mm and I've measured my Schuco to be 69,5mm long. 4520/64 is around 70,6. I also measured width at 28,1 mm when it should be around 28 mm. So that's pretty damn accurate I think. Certainly good enough to not notice by eye.

They look accurate so I never got around to checking. Until now!

The Mercedes 300SL has a length of 4520 mm and I've measured my Schuco to be 69,5mm long. 4520/64 is around 70,6. I also measured width at 28,1 mm when it should be around 28 mm. So that's pretty damn accurate I think. Certainly good enough to not notice by eye.
Nice. 👍 While I learned to accept the Mattel scale, I've been a fan of more accurate 1/64 scaling from the very beginning.

Finally found the Gulf McLaren. Only one left on the pegs alongside two Mustangs. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the MK7 Golf will be hard to find. The VW/Subaru fanbase in Maine is huge.
Which is weird to me because that's the worst car in that set.

Which is weird to me because that's the worst car in that set.
I was going to say I thought the Gulf livery looked better on the Mustang than the Golf. I'm glad the Golf finally gets headlight and taillight tampos, but I still can't help but feel a little bothered that it's just a normal Golf and not a GTI.

Anything VW or Subaru will disappear within the day here. The fanbase is insane. :crazy:

The TLV cheapness trend continues with these new Toyota Mark II releases. One is metallic white, the other metallic black.
Because in current TLV-land, the consumer is responsible for a portion of final assembly, the rear spoiler is separate. However, it only gets a coat of metallic paint on the top surface. The bottom is left as plain non-metallic plastic even though it’s a pedestal spoiler and the underside will show.
FE1D356B-CAC6-469C-B159-CB0BEDF62784.jpeg

EDIT: It gets even better—on the black car, they goofed and painted the underside of the spoiler but not the top, which clearly doesn’t match the car when installed :irked:

Last edited:
I am too excited about this thing to wait till I take better pictures. This just got out of customs hell and arrived today!

DSCN7709.JPG
DSCN7711.JPG

I just don't have enough CM's Lancias, so I needed a new box of them. Some of these I already have, but that's fine. More Lancias means more good!

DSCN7713.JPG

Jokes aside, I didn't have some of these (EDIT: I only have duplicates of 4!). Most notably this exclusive 1987 Monte Carlo version which was only released as a part of this set. Note the Pirelli lettering on the tires, Never seen that on a CM's release before.

DSCN7710.JPG

And it was pretty damn limited with only 300 made. Didn't even know these were numbered till I got mine. Hell, I didn't even know these existed until I saw the Yahoo auction for it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the only one that showed up in a long while.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back