1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
@GTboyz I just got the yellow F40 in the mail, and just checked them out two minutes ago. Just handling them & looking at them I didn't notice anything. I still think they are overpriced, but haven't noticed any flaws. Of course, you put macro lens on it & it might expose a flaw, or two, or three....

Someone in Intsagram commented that the fitment on the TLV F40 is "so bad

All mine are fine. No problems. I think it maybe because the paint is thinner than the red. The spoiler has the F40 logo on the side. The red version can hardly make it out. But the yellow is more clearly visible. This extra thinness might be why that instagrammer has noticed it. But it’s really nothing.

I just got the yellow F40 in the mail.

Did you get this from Amiami? I thought they don’t sell Tomy Mall stuff. This is hard to get hence the high price on eBay. I couldn’t get in on the first preorder at the local store, but was able to get in on the after release order for a slightly higher price. The three I bought last night were not much lower than Japan Booster eBay price.

Did you get this from Amiami? I thought they don’t sell Tomy Mall stuff. This is hard to get hence the high price on eBay. I couldn’t get in on the first preorder at the local store, but was able to get in on the after release order for a slightly higher price. The three I bought last night were not much lower than Japan Booster eBay price.
I got it from Car Hobby Shop Answer, one of the very few Rakuten shops willing to ship overseas.

Shipping's never cheap from this store, but if they have the car priced right, it's worth it. With one yellow F40, tax & shipping came to $114 & change(USD). Not cheap, but it was cheaper than what I saw on eBay, so I pulled the trigger.

I usually never pay for EMS shipping, but they gave me no choice? Ordered it Sunday & I got it on Thursday. Crazy. My shipping from Japan generally takes 2 to 3 weeks. :crazy:

52193cb2-70a6-4e18-9146-df00b8d53bdb-jpeg.812294

Another loader!

Ooh, yes. Can never have enough loaders.

I am so down the blue Atlas too if it happens. Looks like a great colour.

Last edited:
Well, me and my brother have yet another epic score to show! We have not one, but TWO of the Washington D.C. Chevy Tahoes from the Connect Cars series! :D
IMG_0329[1].JPG

Truth be told, I had shown him this listing recently and I noticed it disappeared shortly after and I thought someone else had bought it. What I was not aware of, is that someone that ordered them happened to be my brother and it was not until they arrived in the mail today I knew. So you can imagine why I was surprised. :lol: I am quite happy to have one of these especially after feeling like I never would. It's even better knowing me and my brother both have one of our own since we collected these together. Sure it was VERY expensive, but based on my observation, we got two for the price of one and I doubt we'll see another deal like that again anytime soon. 43 down, only 8 to go! :D

For those who don't know what this is and why it matters, this casting from the Connect Cars was a mail-in order. How it went was, according to the packaging, if you buy 20 Connect Cars, send the receipts, blister cards, a completed order form and pay shipping, you get this casting. I don't remember how much Connect Cars were when they were released, but I knew back in the day this casting would not be cheap to get and predictably, it's only gotten even more expensive. It's definitely an achievement to get this one if you're into the Connect Cars series.

Last edited:
@domalorite @a6m5 it was in an Instagram post comparing TLV F40 and Kyosho F40.

I also didn't notice anything unusual. I thought TLV F40 is near perfect.
Yeah, collector I follow on Twitter who's heavily into Kyosho & TLV both(his Kyoshos on my blog), he pretty much called his new TLV the ultimate 1/64 F40 for now. I think we are okay.
Truth be told, I had shown him this listing recently and I noticed it disappeared shortly after and I thought someone else had bought it. What I was not aware of, is that someone that ordered them happened to be my brother and it was not until they arrived in the mail today I knew.
That is epic my man. Awesome score. Do you have to pay your brother back, because if you didn't have to pay him back, that's even sweeter. :P:lol:

Well, me and my brother have yet another epic score to show! We have not one, but TWO of the Washington D.C. Chevy Tahoes from the Connect Cars series! :D
View attachment 812574
Truth be told, I had shown him this listing recently and I noticed it disappeared shortly after and I thought someone else had bought it. What I was not aware of, is that someone that ordered them happened to be my brother and it was not until they arrived in the mail today I knew. So you can imagine why I was surprised. :lol: I am quite happy to have one of these especially after feeling like I never would. It's even better knowing me and my brother both have one of our own since we collected these together. Sure it was VERY expensive, but based on my observation, we got two for the price of one and I doubt we'll see another deal like that again anytime soon. 43 down, only 8 to go! :D

For those who don't know what this is and why it matters, this casting from the Connect Cars was a mail-in order. How it went was, according to the packaging, if you buy 20 Connect Cars, send the receipts, blister cards, a completed order form and pay shipping, you get this casting. I don't remember how much Connect Cars were when they were released, but I knew back in the day this casting would not be cheap to get and predictably, it's only gotten even more expensive. It's definitely an achievement to get this one if you're into the Connect Cars series.

Never knew about any of this. Cool stuff.

That is epic my man. Awesome score.
Thank you! It is indeed a score and one that I am pretty happy about.
Do you have to pay your brother back, because if you didn't have to pay him back, that's even sweeter. :P:lol:
Me and him each are paying half, which seems fair since we both have one for each of us. Even then, it is still the single most expensive casting I have ever bought, a record once held by my Greyhound MC-8 Bus. (which I paid $18 for)
Never knew about any of this.
Color me surprised, I would have thought you of all people would've known about this.

I think Toys R Us was the ones promoting this casting and passing out the order forms back in the days. If Google Maps is anything to go by, they only had two in Mexico, so maybe that had something to do with it? I have also read places outside the US did not sell the Connect Cars representing the United States, they got these "Tracks Legends" instead. Not sure how it went for Mexico back then, but that could also be a possibility.

Just my theory. Of course, I'm assuming that's where you lived when they were released.
Cool stuff.
Thank you! Hopefully I'll have even more to show later if we get lucky.

Also, I don't know if ya'll noticed, but me and my brother got a MASSIVE haul of these Connect Cars about two weeks ago. Because of this, we're fairly close to completing the set! :D

I found the Skyline last weekend by accident. Was looking for the F&F cars and just glanced over and it was the only one hanging there. Haven't seen them anywhere else.

Still looking for that R32...
Only saw that one R32 so I grabbed it now I’m gonna be looking for that damn Eclipse.

I want to see how that 930 RWB ends up looking.

Story time. So I got someone buying the rest of my Mini Cooper and custom BMW Z4s...

And he started telling me about how his son started collecting this year and is constantly asking for him to buy series sets... like the F&F goodies, Japan Historics, Convention exclusives.... and daddy simply pulls out his wallet.

Anyone need me to hook you up with this guy?

Was thinking of paying $70 for a 1/18 Alpine A110, but I suppose I could save a little and get a dollar HW mainline for now.

Back