1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Ingredients complete

33A1B633-59E6-4633-8666-078FC6542EF5.jpeg

TLV are releasing two more Evo's in August apparently. Along with a couple of Subaru 360's and something else I can't quite place.

33_20190410144135311.jpg
22_20190410144133123.jpg

Kind of wish I held off on ordering the black Evo now. Red looks so good. Curse TLV though. They keep dragging me back in. :lol:

I still hope they'll make an Evo IV of a more interesting color, like blue or green. But since they go straight to the V, maybe the Evo VI TME is not unreasonable?

That looks like it's going to be worth good dough in half a decade.

Livery, star wheels (that are also white), "Nissan".... the perfect ingredients for high asking prices.

Just ordered two via a US seller on eBay. One to open and one to keep carded. Received an HKS camo tee from my girlfriend today (by Dirty Nails, Bloody Knuckles) so it was nice timing to find them on sale for only £11 each with £7 shipping, which is very reasonable from the US.

View attachment 814595
Any other recommendation on Tomica Premiums?

They're all good, I've got most of them now.

Only ones I've passed on are the caddy (not my thing), 86GRMN (looked more like a mainline Tomica than a premium), S2000 (not my particularly favourite version of the car), the VW van, Countach and Lotus (didn't really fancy them) and all the random things like tanks, jets, space craft etc

But all the old school JDM stuff is good. I'm also looking forward to the Diablo, because pop ups!

Evo V, Evo VI, Pajero, Civic EF, possibly R32 GTR, FC3S and Integra at the bottom on the first picture :drool::drool::drool:

Looks like a 4-door R32, judging by the wing and wheels it'll be some some sort of GTSt Type-M, or perhaps the Autech. I kinda like that tomica has avoided the (2-door) GT-R's in favour of the lesser know versions.

Either way they have my interest...

Evo V, Evo VI, Pajero, Civic EF, possibly R32 GTR, FC3S and Integra at the bottom on the first picture :drool::drool::drool:

I think those were in the new TLV book as well. I’ve seen them all somewhere because I remember the Nissan pickup is 1/43

They're all good, I've got most of them now.

Only ones I've passed on are the caddy (not my thing), 86GRMN (looked more like a mainline Tomica than a premium), S2000 (not my particularly favourite version of the car), the VW van, Countach and Lotus (didn't really fancy them) and all the random things like tanks, jets, space craft etc

But all the old school JDM stuff is good. I'm also looking forward to the Diablo, because pop ups!

Looks like a 4-door R32, judging by the wing and wheels it'll be some some sort of GTSt Type-M, or perhaps the Autech. I kinda like that tomica has avoided the (2-door) GT-R's in favour of the lesser know versions.

Either way they have my interest...
The body looks wide like the GTR version, but it also looks like it has 4 door.

Finally found this gem.
IMG_20190417_003839_863.jpg

I think it's just the lighting, it doesn't look too wide in my eyes, looks very close to this:

View attachment 814723
I was hoping for a GTR :indiff:, doesn't make sense they release a lot of R35 GTR and Nismo but never the GTR version of the predecessors (except for the 4 door Hakosuka).

Haven't bought a Premium in ages but the Porsche would get my vote if you don't already have it.
Carrera RS? Interesting.

View attachment 814798
I was hoping for a GTR :indiff:, doesn't make sense they release a lot of R35 GTR and Nismo but never the GTR version of the predecessors (except for the 4 door Hakosuka).

They already did the R33 GT-R 4-door, which is the only other GT-R with more than 2 doors. In general, they tried to stay away from cars that had already been released in lower-level Tomica ranges, which eliminated a lot of stereotypical JDM like the R32 GT-R. That policy seems to be gradually changing as they realize that those models = $$cash$$

62D62AD5-44CE-40E1-9084-730C32E82044.jpeg

They already did the R33 GT-R 4-door, which is the only other GT-R with more than 2 doors. In general, they tried to stay away from cars that had already been released in lower-level Tomica ranges, which eliminated a lot of stereotypical JDM like the R32 GT-R. That policy seems to be gradually changing as they realize that those models = $$cash$$

View attachment 814816
But one of their early release is the Nismo GTR which was also released in lower level ranges.

I do hope they release the R32 GTR someday. At least it's gonna be cheaper than old releases from Kyosho and Tamiya. People have been selling R32 GTR from other brands with quite ridiculous prices.

View attachment 814816
IMO the defining factor of their catalogue is the availability of fully stock vehicles for scanning. They probably need to go to some collection owner and ask them to allow to scan their car. The GT-Rs owned by regular people who actually drive them are pretty much all modified (keep in mind that even wheels and ride height have to be stock for a TLV prototype car).

We are very lucky to have had gotten the RX-7, especially Type RZ, and all these new Evos.

However, with the Nismo Heritage parts program, more GT-R s might get restored and hopefully some might end up on the TLV scanning shed :)

IMO the defining factor of their catalogue is the availability of fully stock vehicles for scanning.

They have access to Zama, as evidenced by all the silhouette racers they released in the past. Plenty of stock GT-R’s in there, but nothing yet.

There are so many completely stock examples in dealerships around Japan. They're what are worth the real money.

Back