1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
OH. MY. GOD.

Pictures doesn't justify how amazing this is.

IMG_20190418_221432.jpg
IMG_20190418_221447.jpg

Out of nowhere I found the red/white Skyline a few weeks ago, but haven't seen any others since. Thinking this release isn't going to be peg warmers like the last unfortunately.
Yep haven’t seen the others since I found that Datsun.

Hello again guys! :) Well looks like me and my brother are at it again! :lol: Starting with what I bought:

Greyhound MC-8 Bus. I bought this one years ago and I love it to death. I had wanted to get another to customize for a while now, so I bought this beat up one just for that purpose.
IMG_0343.JPG

It might sicken some people that I'm taking it apart, but I really don't care. Besides, it doesn't look too good in its current condition anyways....

Here is what my brother bought:

1979 Ford F-150 (custom). My brother won this custom in an auction on Ebay recently. This one is lifted slightly because due to the axels being glued under the base and he also took the original camper shell off I guess so this camper could fit. However, it does not actually attach to it, it just goes on top of it and can easily slide off. It also doesn't have much of anything on the base to hold it together other than the fact it locks into place in the back.
IMG_0339.JPG

The seller also included a tool box to go on it and the original tailgate. Like the camper though, it doesn't actually stay on.
IMG_0340.JPG

Pretty nice custom overall, but it needs some work. If my brother will allow me, I may try to do some more things to it.

Another Customized 1979 Ford F-150. Yet another customized one, my brother loves these trucks. As you can see, it is lifted and even has a working suspension that works pretty darn well. The seller evidently followed baremetalhw's guide for making lifted/working suspensions because it seems to follow nearly everything he did in the video heck even the wheels are the same. The only difference is, he used screws to hold the paperclips in place instead of glue. (which I like) It has detailed headlights and taillights and he also used the tubing method we use to hold the axels together. but you can't see them in the photo.
IMG_0344.JPG

In the back, by the looks of it, the seller apparently took the tubing we use for axles, bent them to make the roll bar and then I think he used epoxy to hold them together. (that's just my guess) The bed is painted with real bed liner and it's pretty darn good too!
IMG_0345.JPG

Overall, it's very nice! Unlike the other one, this one actually feels complete. I love the working suspension and the added roll bar, it will be a fun casting to play with for sure. Now if I can just do this to a Ford Sierra. :sly:

'70 Plymouth Superbird and 2009 Ford F-150. Again, my brother loves trucks, especially Fords, so you imagine why he got this one. I don't even remember why he got the Superbird though, I guess because of the color, which I can understand. I'm pretty jealous of the Superbird because I had wanted one of these since it was new, but I never got it and I still regret not buying it when I had the chance. (that'll change soon....)
IMG_0347.JPG

And that's all I have to share for now.

Last edited:
Hello again guys! :) Well looks like me and my brother are at it again! :lol: Starting with what I bought:

Greyhound MC-8 Bus. I bought this one years ago and I love it to death. I had wanted to get another to customize for a while now, so I bought this beat up one just for that purpose.
View attachment 817105
It might sicken some people that I'm taking it apart, but I really don't care. Besides, it doesn't look too good in its current condition anyways....

Here is what my brother bought:

1979 Ford F-150 (custom). My brother won this custom in an auction on Ebay recently. This one is lifted slightly because due to the axels being glued under the base and he also took the original camper shell off I guess so this camper could fit. However, it does not actually attach to it, it just goes on top of it and can easily slide off. It also doesn't have much of anything on the base to hold it together other than the fact it locks into place in the back.
View attachment 817103
The seller also included a tool box to go on it and the original tailgate. Like the camper though, it doesn't actually stay on.
View attachment 817104
Pretty nice custom overall, but it needs some work. If my brother will allow me, I may try to do some more things to it.

Another Customized 1979 Ford F-150. Yet another customized one, my brother loves these trucks. As you can see, it is lifted and even has a working suspension that works pretty darn well. The seller evidently followed baremetalhw's guide for making lifted/working suspensions because it seems to follow nearly everything he did in the video heck even the wheels are the same. The only difference is, he used screws to hold the paperclips in place instead of glue. (which I like) It has detailed headlights and taillights and he also used the tubing method we use to hold the axels together. but you can't see them in the photo.
View attachment 817106
In the back, by the looks of it, the seller apparently took the tubing we use for axles, bent them to make the roll bar and then I think he used epoxy to hold them together. (that's just my guess) The bed is painted with real bed liner and it's pretty darn good too!
View attachment 817107
Overall, it's very nice! Unlike the other one, this one actually feels complete. I love the working suspension and the added roll bar, it will be a fun casting to play with for sure. Now if I can just do this to a Ford Sierra. :sly:

'70 Plymouth Superbird and 2009 Ford F-150. Again, my brother loves trucks, especially Fords, so you imagine why he got this one. I don't even remember why he got the Superbird though, I guess because of the color, which I can understand. I'm pretty jealous of the Superbird because I had wanted one of these since it was new, but I never got it and I still regret not buying it when I had the chance. (that'll change soon....)
View attachment 817110
And that's all I have to share for now.
I have that Superbird opened. I think 2006 was when I first started collecting/paying attention to what cars were on the pegs.

I have that Superbird opened. I think 2006 was when I first started collecting/paying attention to what cars were on the pegs.
While I've been into Hot Wheels since I was a small child, I think 2004 was when I started simply because I was after a particular casting at the time and was searching everywhere for it. It didn't really become a huge hobby like it is for me now until at least late 2005. Been at it ever since.

The Superbird I always wanted was that color, but with 10SP's. Sometime soon I may try to get it.

Damn son, are you trying to get me back into this game?!

As I said previously the high end 1/64 market is going resin. Metal diecast is so 2017.

It’s clear the manufacturing processes are good enough now to make highly detailed castings at 1/64 scale.

Nice Tomica Premium GT-R set on the cards for June, hopefully it doesn't get too expensive via eBay...

If I didn't already have three Spark Porsche's on order for June. I'd heavily consider this. Great looking set. 👍

These are only for America? That's disappointing:rolleyes:

They're just special colours. Don't recognise the Martini liveries, but the red 911 Turbo I've definitely seen before.
These have all been available in various colours on the Schuco website for ages though so it's hard for me to say.

Back