1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
As far as fictional diecasts go, I actually like this one.

IMG20221111113902.jpg
IMG20221111113853.jpg
IMG_20221111_113555.jpg

Hard to tell from that angle, is it the widebody Charger? They've had some neat cars show up and the casting dimensions have gotten better. Next one that T-Hunted posted up looks cool, especially the Bentley Continental GT.

Yep, Widebody Charger.

Not my photo, but I browsed the aisle while at WalMart today and being a big Mustang fan I had to grab this. It's my second from this brand and I'm impressed with the sharpness of the casting, I'll have to hunt for more online.

AW64362_No1_2020ShelbyGT500_VersionB_Pkg_1080x.jpg

Last edited:
Found the new Replica Entertainments at a new Target that opened up in our state. About a 40 minute drive away from my town, but not too bad. Took over the old KMart that was there and was very much needed as the next closest Target up north was more than an hour away. Also found the recent AutoWorld set with the green Supra and red GT500.
315406206_10230015970322704_1271917226918295318_n.jpg

I'm sure someone here has a better way of keeping track of Tomica news, but I had no idea they were making a BMW i4. Even if the real car is ugly and the photos of the model don't look...great, I still kind of want one. Only because I work at a dealer and get to experience them fairly often. Ordered that and the ugly new WRX from AmiAmi.

Is there a social media page you guys follow for decent up to date Tomica news? Sort of like T-Hunted for HW/MB.

TOY-SCL3-44651.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for online vendors that sell Boulevards? Fellow local collectors found the newer set with the 4Runner, Pantera, and AMG wagon recently but with my work hours it's almost impossible to find them. Never did see the set with the Alfa Romeo 155 or Holden Commodore... Ever so frustrating trying to find Boulevards locally, so I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy cases online.

I normally buy from A&J Toys as their prices aren't bad, but they don't seem to do Boulevards. No sign of them on offer through 1stopdiecast that I see often. Wish I didn't have to overpay from a vendor, but I doubt there are many that sell it at basically msrp.

Edit: I should have realized that Boulevards are such a Walmart exclusive that no online vendors can get them anyways. Haven't seen them in months and never have time to check the stores early in the morning like some people. Collecting really has gotten to the point of me just about wanting to give up hunting. :guilty:

Last edited:
Anyone have any recommendations for online vendors that sell Boulevards? Fellow local collectors found the newer set with the 4Runner, Pantera, and AMG wagon recently but with my work hours it's almost impossible to find them. Never did see the set with the Alfa Romeo 155 or Holden Commodore... Ever so frustrating trying to find Boulevards locally, so I think I'll just bite the bullet and buy cases online.

I normally buy from A&J Toys as their prices aren't bad, but they don't seem to do Boulevards. No sign of them on offer through 1stopdiecast that I see often. Wish I didn't have to overpay from a vendor, but I doubt there are many that sell it at basically msrp.

Edit: I should have realized that Boulevards are such a Walmart exclusive that no online vendors can get them anyways. Haven't seen them in months and never have time to check the stores early in the morning like some people. Collecting really has gotten to the point of me just about wanting to give up hunting. :guilty:
I have bid on no less than 20 4Runners on eBay and lost all of them. I am not paying $50 + $15 shipping for one Hot Wheel vehicle. You can check Etsy too, but they seem to be way overpriced as well. We only have one Walmart in a 30-mile radius of me, and they don't have much in the way of toys. I really want the 4Runner, but I keep coming up short.

If you do buy a case where there are multiple 4Runners and you want to sell one, I'd easily give you $25 + shipping for one.

I have bid on no less than 20 4Runners on eBay and lost all of them. I am not paying $50 + $15 shipping for one Hot Wheel vehicle. You can check Etsy too, but they seem to be way overpriced as well. We only have one Walmart in a 30-mile radius of me, and they don't have much in the way of toys. I really want the 4Runner, but I keep coming up short.

If you do buy a case where there are multiple 4Runners and you want to sell one, I'd easily give you $25 + shipping for one.
Sadly don't think I'll be able to find a case of them as I think due to Boulevards being a Walmart exclusive, no one really can get them without a workaround or simply "scalping" them off the pegs. Do you have the previous release of the 4Runner in white that came out last year? I have one of those if you want.

Despite thinking I wouldn't find any Boulevards, I came across just three of the recent set in a town a little over 2 hours from where I am. I like to "sneak" in a stop along my work drives when they send me out.
316282269_10230125537141806_9024944064182843209_n.jpg

Also, picked up some older diecast from hobby stores a few states away in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
316315092_10230125544181982_6118195078852151252_n.jpg

As far as fictional diecasts go, I actually like this one.

View attachment 1207430View attachment 1207431View attachment 1207432

I like it too, but it needs a change of wheels.

I was at a Collector con last month and it is rather sickening to see people go there to flip new things. I mean, it's nothing new to us anymore, but when you're in a room of modestly priced VINTAGE action figures which people have held onto for 30 years, it's quite telling of our economy (here at least) to have the expectation that a 0-1 year-old product would have a high return on investment. I mean, I paid a dude $5 for a mainline because I missed out on it, and it's not worth my time traveling to multiple stores to look for a toy car,

It also brought to my attention that just because that thing you have is old and no one knows about it, people of future generation may not value it as much as you would. I simply cannot justify spending $125 on a limited edition card that came with a cereal box 25 years ago. I wasn't there for it, I don't have a connection to it, and trying to sell me on how long it took you to find the remaining piece to complete the set doesn't make it any more attractive.

Do you guys ever see yourself paying for a table at a convention and selling your collectibles at some point in time in the future? It mgiht be unthinkable right now, but what about 30 years later?

Pagani%20Zonda%20R%20%282022%20Exotics%20-%20FE%29.jpg

Pagani Zonda R
Every now and then I am reminded how amazing value it is to get some mainlines that are made so well for such a low price.

Lotus%20Evija%20%282022%20Exotics%20-%20FE%29.jpg

Lotus Evjia
Who else is a sucker for green/yellow combos?

Nissan%20S15%20LB%20Silhouette%20%282022%20Turbo%29.jpg

LB Silhouette S15

Shelby%20Cobra%20427%20%282022%20Retro%20Racers%20-%20Bluejpg.jpg

Classic Cobra

Shelby%20Cobra%20427%20%282022%20Retro%20Racers%20-%20Yellow%29.jpg

If I didn't decide on trying to complete the Cobra collection, I would've passed on this.

Peg find :
New Matchbox Japan Series
Screenshot_20221214_204933.jpg

Mail find :
Mini GT LB Silhouette Silvia S15
TLVN Calsonic R32 GTR N234b version
FB_IMG_1671025650476.jpg

So much for doing a decent job at retiring these past few months...

Last edited:
I have a Toyota problem:
View attachment 1217326

Yooooo those MR2s aren't terribly easy to find (I think?)!

I think of all the Hot Wheels castings I've had the most engagement and joy out of finding, it was the MR2 Rally. So many limited editions from toy sets, McDonalds promos, and wheel variations that are so scarcely available or known for that matter. Which exact versions did you find?

Back