1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Forgot to post this when I posted it.

greenwood_corvette_red.jpg

When the going gets tough, buy yourself a Corvette.

- AOS

I don't usually buy stuff from Wheelcollectors on eBay because I feel they price gauge quite often, but I felt their price on the Euro Style cars was fair enough for me to pick up the 993 and the Fiat 500 since they were the only two from that set that I wanted. Ordered on the 29th, shipped on the 30th, arrived today. Not bad. Tracking said it landed in my town, processed, and was sent out for delivery within 30 minutes. :P

I am planing to light up that Corvette.
And i might buy more of them.
And, if i am able, i would use actual light bulbs instead of LED
to get a more real effect of the car from that year.

No man, these:

P3054176_d_b.jpg

From old slot cars.

If i can get one that can shine brightly, it will still have a full lit circle, but with a stronger light in the middle. So you get an effect like a real light bulb.

So today I was at work, pulling the toy warehouse, and I saw these two Hotwheels cars I just couldn't stop thinking about, so I bought em. There's 5 cars in the series total and I have intentions of obtaining all of them.
KIMG0268.jpg KIMG0270.jpg KIMG0269.jpg

After getting home I realized, wow, I REALLY do collect diecast cars.

These were bday presents from a friend.
KIMG0271.jpg

The Walgreens NASCAR was from my mother a while ago. The Montoya Indycar was from my first Indy 500 race in 2015 in which he ended up winning.
KIMG0272.jpg

Lastly. I saved a few of my favorite cars from my childhood. (I forgot what I did with the rest, I might still have some.) The Firebird in the back is a memento to my Firebird I'm currently working on.
KIMG0274.jpg

Finally.
002.JPG

Arrived this afternoon. TLV Silvia Silhouette and Tomica Daihatsu Cast.
TLV Nissan Silvia Super Silhouette '83 by Jarrod, on Flickr

To save posting them all here, there's a few more pics on my Flickr page if anyone is interested.

Finally.
View attachment 565445

Arrived this afternoon. TLV Silvia Silhouette and Tomica Daihatsu Cast.

To save posting them all here, there's a few more pics on my Flickr page if anyone is interested.

How much did you pay for the Silvia?

I've began listing most of my HW errors onto the Electronic Bay. The mission is to entertain offers rather than profits as the local courier service is on strike and these errors aren't cool enough to pay a few dollars for. (I'm keeping the cool ones)

So, as @a6m5 pointed out, I'm still alive. And yes, I do still have a borderline unhealthy obsession with that one model Suzuki. :embarrassed:

Hot Wheels poses health risk to young boy. Public urged to stop buying toy cars!

Imagine if that made the headlines.

How much did you pay for the Silvia?

After shipping it was around $75. Ultra awesome but honestly, too much. :crazy:
$50 after shipping like me.

I freakin wish! :grumpy:
So, as @a6m5 pointed out, I'm still alive. And yes, I do still have a borderline unhealthy obsession with that one model Suzuki. :embarrassed:

Nice to hear from you again mate. 👍
Yabi is starting to think like Jarrod & Andy might be next Nessy.

Welcome to the dark side Yabi. :P

After shipping it was around $75. Ultra awesome but honestly, too much. :crazy:
I thought it was some crazy figure like that. Heck, I paid $75 for a 1:43 scale Mercedes F1 car from 1957...
Pictures aren't that great but i got this Kyosho Neo a few days ago. It's ok not really a fan of the how the wing is on, I do love the wheels it has though. View attachment 565623 View attachment 565624
Good to see that you're getting into the Kyoshos @Casey. That Ferrari doesn't look too bad actually.

I thought it was some crazy figure like that.

Yeah, the strong Yen at the moment doesn't help things. But comparing it to the older Silhouette's, you can see how much the price has increased over time. :crazy:
@Spacegoat before I even clicked the spoiler tag I was expecting it'd be that hahahah

It was either going to that or this. I'm nothing if not predictable. :lol:

Apparently Lamley reported that the ND MX-5 was showing up at Dollar Tree stores. Anyone know if this is true? I'm considering checking my local one after work, but I'm not sure...

I saw the new MX-5. Don't like it with the spoiler. The rear doesn't have any details painted.
Also saw the new Camaro, no painted details at all, so i'll wait for a better paint job.

But i found these two beauties:

DHP63_Nissan_Skyline_GT_R34_tcm838_268872_w671.png

DHP26_Honda_Odyssey_2000x1500_tcm838_255912_w671.png

Back