1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
It's here! :D
0706161042f~2~2.jpg
0706161043j~2~2.jpg
0706161043k~2.jpg

Don't make comparisons. Keep buying stuff every now and then and you'll find it filling up your room too! :D

My Hot Wheels corner is better (even though this isn't even half of my carded HWs) :P

View attachment 566110

Presentation, dude. How do your cards coexist with the space you have used to hang them up?

4to6Jgdl.jpg

I've got my shelves spaced about 5-10 inches from the wall, ceiling, and drawer (bottom right; out of picture). It's low enough that it's not too close to the ceiling, but it's high enough that a vertically-standing pillow won't knock the bottom row. The larger space atop is reserved in case I ever want to expand another row. :D

Presentation, dude. How do your cards coexist with the space you have used to hang them up?

4to6Jgdl.jpg

I've got my shelves spaced about 5-10 inches from the wall, ceiling, and drawer (bottom right; out of picture). It's low enough that it's not too close to the ceiling, but it's high enough that a vertically-standing pillow won't knock the bottom row. The larger space atop is reserved in case I ever want to expand another row. :D
I've never really cared too much about presentation. I was always kinda "throw the damn things on the wall and be done with it" kinda mood. Once I have my bookshelf for my 1:24s up, that'll be a different story and of course another thread.
Reminds me of when I started collecting. I had a whole wall full and then had to start boxing them since I didn't have any more room. :P Ah the days of getting up at 5am and running to Walmart before school....
I'm about at that point now. Lately I've been in the market for larger scale NASCAR stuff and other things and at some point the HWs will have to come down.

I hide all my cars. :lol: You guys should get peg board to display. That would be cool. :D

Today wasn't really a great day, but at least it ended well thanks to intel from @MedigoFlame about the Dollar Tree:

0.JPG

I picked up the last two Miata they had, also didn't really want to go crazy on mainline stuff too much, but the Corvette & Seagrave fire engine were just too cool. Figured that if I changed my mind, my nephews would be more than happy to take them off my hands. All three castings were the last ones they had, very close to missing out on them. Thanks for the tip Kevin!

00.JPG

As usual, Matchbox tampos are placed perfectly & really puts Hot Wheels detailing to shame. Having said that, their design looks little too in your face? Especially the big eyes in the headlights. Freaky.

000.JPG

:lol:
Being a doctor of many disciplines and having mastered my inner Chakras through use of Kundalini, I am able to channel my telekinetic powers and move objects with the power of thought... Thus rendering any mere mortals feeble attempt of "barricade". ...Infact, I overpower the mind of the scalper, who in turn calmly places their found treasures neatly into my own shopping basket.
You have very different approach to our other brother. "Outrun" Cano. :lol:
Hey there's more to choose from!
Jesus.

I hide all my cars. :lol: You guys should get peg board to display. That would be cool. :D
If I did that, it'd probably end up with tools on it before it even got to the same room as the cars with the way I am. :lol:

And that Miata, I must say isn't all that bad. :D

If I did that, it'd probably end up with tools on it before it even got to the same room as the cars with the way I am. :lol:
I think pegs would be so cool to display carded cars.
And that Miata, I must say isn't all that bad. :D
Amazing for dollar. Yellow Corvette may steal the show though. I haven't uncarded it yet.

Amazing for dollar. Yellow Corvette may steal the show though. I haven't uncarded it yet.
Don't you think they've already been on pegs long enough in their lifetime? :P

Last edited:
As usual, Matchbox tampos are placed perfectly & really puts Hot Wheels detailing to shame.
Funny, when I find a new HW car I have been looking for and there are multiple of them, I pull them all out and go over every one of them with a fine tooth comb. The one car with the best paint/tampo placement comes home with me. :lol:

Funny, when I find a new HW car I have been looking for and there are multiple of them, I pull them all out and go over every one of them with a fine tooth comb. The one car with the best paint/tampo placement comes home with me. :lol:
I do that now, too. My hats off to the Matchbox brand. Can't help feeling that they take pride in delivering their best..... and the other dollar car brand taking pride in $$$$$$$$. Both Mattel. Go figure.

I do that now, too. My hats off to the Matchbox brand. Can't help feeling that they take pride in delivering their best..... and the other dollar car brand taking pride in $$$$$$$$. Both Mattel. Go figure.

I think it has something to do with where it's made. All MBXs (as far as I know) are made in Thailand, and so are the HW Pop Culture cars which have good tampo most of the time. Unlike the Japan Historics which were made in Malaysia and some had horrible tampos on them :crazy:

I think you may let go of the Corvette the soonest amongst the three you got. Let me call your nephew up. We'll arrange a date when he takes that off your hands.

I think it has something to do with where it's made. All MBXs (as far as I know) are made in Thailand, and so are the HW Pop Culture cars which have good tampo most of the time. Unlike the Japan Historics which were made in Malaysia and some had horrible tampos on them :crazy:
It would be nice if Mattel could find somewhere else to produce their cars. Malaysia is proving to be bad for quality and employee theft. Edit: Hell, I would pay $2 for a mainline with better quality that was made in the USA.

It would be nice if Mattel could find somewhere else to produce their cars. Malaysia is proving to be bad for quality and employee theft. Edit: Hell, I would pay $2 for a mainline with better quality that was made in the USA.

It's obvious Mattel is just being greedy as labor and machinery costs in their Malay factory must be a heck a lot cheaper then the one in Thailand to justify the reason they are ok with producing half ass products

It's obvious Mattel is just being greedy as labor and machinery costs in their Malay factory must be a heck a lot cheaper then the one in Thailand to justify the reason they are ok with producing half ass products
Some of the multi-pack cars are made in Thailand and I have noticed that they usually have better quality in some areas. For example, see if you can point out the one that was made in Thailand:

DSCN8269.JPG

DSCN8270.JPG

Thailand car is on the right since nobody guessed. :lol:

I could have sworned the one on the left is more accurate for matching the scuffed decals on the IRL version. Don't be pulling our legs now, boy!

More important post:

I see no search results, but has someone mentioned the brand AUTOROZZA before? I could've sworn I've seen someone mention it before, or I made the whole thing up unconditionally.
But anyway, I found a UK seller who has a wide range of Imprezas and I'm interested to hear about your experiences of the models quality.

Last edited:
I don't recall the brand name. Sorry @AOS- .
I think you may let go of the Corvette the soonest amongst the three you got. Let me call your nephew up. We'll arrange a date when he takes that off your hands.
If they see that I have it, it's game over. My nephews have yet to suspect that I even have a hot wheels/minicar collection. It'll stay that way for while longer. :odd:

Hell, I would pay $2 for a mainline with better quality that was made in the USA.
I really like this idea & I'm not an expert, but on top of labor, added cost of material sourcing & relocation of manufacturing alone would likely more than double the going rate of $1 price tag.

No one can beat Cano in a 100m Walmart sprint.
Did you hear about the Volkswagen van that does 0-60 in 1.0 second? You guessed it, the vehicle's only about 3" long & is powered by Cano's two legs.
Thailand car is on the right since nobody guessed. :lol:
It was easy to tell, but unfortunately, we are used to worse. :crazy:

Back