1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Looks great. Can the driver be removed?
Maybe I sold it? I can't find it. :lol: I'm gonna say no, it can't be removed, because I did find this in my Matchbox case:

0.jpg

Figure on this cannot be removed. And this one is for @Spacegoat

00.jpg

My MBX MR2!

Another bit of thing for @Spacegoat , you might like this. I saw somebody posting one for lot of money, so I checked sold search on eBay. I think the value is on the rise again, even for the less-desirable Honda Transporters. j/k :P:lol:

If TLV nailed the original MR2 casting, I would consider having their baby.

:boggled: :lol:

Original recipe MR2 has been on the top of my TLV wishlist for years. It needs to happen!
extra as wheelswap donor.
Homer Simpsons laughing gif.gif

:P
even for the less-desirable Honda Transporters. j/k :P:lol:

If it had six gold Carinas with it in the promo shots you wouldn't be saying that! :dopey: :lol:

Cool colour scheme on that MR2, btw. 👍

Original recipe MR2 has been on the top of my TLV wishlist for years. It needs to happen!
Make TLV Great Again.
You are going to feel pretty stupid. In another several years. Okay, I'm not promising anything.
If it had six gold Carinas with it in the promo shots you wouldn't be saying that! :dopey: :lol:
I would be saying "why are there five Toyotas on the Honda Transporter?" :dopey:
Cool colour scheme on that MR2, btw. 👍
That one came in a baggy. Maybe it came as a gift with a box of laundry detergent or something? I don't know.

You are going to feel pretty stupid. In another several years. Okay, I'm not promising anything.

I can't wait. 👍
I would be saying "why are there five Toyotas on the Honda Transporter?" :dopey:

Five, six. Who's counting? :lol: :dunce:

And they put the Carinas on the Honda Transporter because they haven't made a Toyota one yet. Duh. :dopey: This is a reach I admit. :lol:

I've never had so much problems with preorders:

1) Back in July, I preordered the Hot Wheels Convention Datsun 510 on eBay. As part of the deal, seller promised to ship it straight from the convention on October 5th. Seller is unresponsive & eBay says that money guarantee period has expired. They may still be able to help me, but dispute page for week now has just says "hang tight" seller will respond soon or something like that, and this message is pretty much the deadend. :odd: Next step I guess would be contact eBay customer service directly, and if that doesn't get me my money back, dispute payment sent with PayPal.

2) I posted Hot Wheels Fatlace VW Bus few days ago. They were actually sold out days before I ordered my own from the illest website(only place selling these), so I had one preordered on eBay. I ordered mine days after the preorder, but I got mine days ago while there's still nothing on this preorder from earlier. I finally just requested to cancel the order. Seller said he just received his yesterday, he must have had his on order way before me, so that's confusing, but at least he was nice enough to cancel the order.

3) 1 Stop Diecast - I had those M2 Japan car set on preorder forever. Finally in September, my credit card is hit & I get a email that they are shipping my order shortly..... It's approaching Late-October now & I never got shipping confirmation or tracking number they promised. I emailed them few days ago, nothing. I just found another email address on their website, so I'm trying that one now.

I preorder stuff all the time, and I haven't ran into any issues before, but I just want to share this with you guys as a heads up. I've been making conscious effort to use credit card for these types of purchases, as with credit cards, it's possible to dispute transaction if the merchant fails to deliver goods & services. On the Convention 510, I screwed up & didn't realize that I had some balance on PayPal, so good chunk of that was paid with PayPal balance & rest with a credit card. I'm still hoping to get the entire balance refunded, even if it takes a dispute/claim, but this one remains to be seen. :ouch:
If you want to throw one of your many gold Carinas my way. I wouldn't be against it...
Can I put my hand up too?
Never!
Tomica Premium #05 Lamborghini Miura Jota SVR
I thought the car name was pronounced "joe-ta", but the box says "イオタ(iota)". I had no idea what the heck Jota was, but when you pronounce the "J" like in Spanish, I do actually recall it from my childhood(super car boom was huge back then), I was pleasantly surprised to see it still available for preorder on amiami. 👍

They are weird. They scream not Hot Wheels. :lol:
That's because they aren't originally. I don't really mind Corgi wheels that much despite how cheap they are because at least I don't feel guilty taking them out for a wheel swap. Makes it feel much more rewarding!
Learned something today. 👍
Like diabolicwyvern once said, they do have some blisters labeled as either Hot Wheels Auto City or Corgi Auto City and you may even see two of the same castings in both. However they are the same product inside and are just in different cases. It's like comparing a Honda NSX to an Acura NSX really. That's worth noting in case you go out looking for them. ;)

Last edited:
lI screwed up & didn't realize that I had some balance on PayPal, so good chunk of that was paid with PayPal balance & rest with a credit card.

I hate that about Paypal. They are always trying to duck credit card fees, and you get punished if you forget that even for a second.

Can I put my hand up too?

Sure, he's got plenty of them! He won't miss a couple. :lol:
They now have a DIY wing. YOU are responsible for making it as bent as you want!

:lol:👍

Great looking models both of them. They really nailed the Muria.
I've never had so much problems with preorders:

Damn man. I hope you can sort all them out, somehow. That sucks. :crazy:

That's because they aren't originally.
I totally get that, and that it must've been a business decision, but it's still interesting to see.
Like diabolicwyvern once said, they do have some blisters labeled as either Hot Wheels Auto City or Corgi Auto City and you may even see two of the same castings in both. However they are the same product inside and are just in different cases. It's like comparing a Honda NSX to an Acura NSX really. That's worth noting in case you go out looking for them. ;)
I'm already stretched thin as it is, so I'll leave these to you & Cano. :lol: Thank you for sharing though, and teaching me new things. 👍
I hate that about Paypal. They are always trying to duck credit card fees, and you get punished if you forget that even for a second.
For company that has monopoly on online retail payments, I think they do a really great job. Having said that, yeah, I wish there were more competition to keep them honest. :D
Damn man. I hope you can sort all them out, somehow. That sucks. :crazy:
Well, one has been cancelled & I already received a refund(Fatlace VW Bus). One down, two to go. :crazy:

My local Sainsbury's supermarket is normally unremarkable for HW, but tonight they had the Xbox Falcon. Didn't expect to see one anywhere here.

Last edited:
VXR
My local Sainsbury's supermarket is normally unremarkable for HW, but tonight they had the Xbox Falcon. Didn't expect to see one anywhere here.

On the flip side, the XBOX Falcon piled up at one of my local stores.

I love that SVR. Might get that STi too.

And here’s the new Tomica for Q1 2018:

View attachment 681925

That Lotus 3-Eleven should have been Premium, though...

Speaking of:

View attachment 681927

The Eldorado finally gets to be released...

Look forward to seeing the 2000GT! Wonder if it'll be better than the old Tomica Limited 2000GT.

Also wish the CH-R would be in more interesting colors than white or silver...

Found the blue R34 Retro Entertainment release at GameStop of all places. Nice to have found it, but the front/rear tampos are saggy. :grumpy:
Been wanting that one + the Back to the Future III Delorean. I was able to find the Delorean for I think around$9(shipped), but still no luck on the blue R34. Sorry to hear about the tampos. :crazy:

I ordered the yellow RX-7 on TTP yesterday. It looked too good to be true, I couldn't help it. Still hoping to find the new Datsun 620, it might be the best one yet.

My claim with eBay closed today. eBay was cordial the entire time, but they really surprised me today. This is the long winded version, but they basically wasted my time, this last two weeks. eBay is more than helpful for the first 30 days(money back guarantee), but after that, they seem to go from being helpful to, by design, making you run around in circles. My claim has now moved to PayPal. Incredible. :crazy:

I ordered the yellow RX-7 on TTP yesterday. It looked too good to be true, I couldn't help it. Still hoping to find the new Datsun 620, it might be the best one yet.

My claim with eBay closed today. eBay was cordial the entire time, but they really surprised me today. This is the long winded version, but they basically wasted my time, this last two weeks. eBay is more than helpful for the first 30 days(money back guarantee), but after that, they seem to go from being helpful to, by design, making you run around in circles. My claim has now moved to PayPal. Incredible. :crazy:
Still looking for the last 3 modern classics the bmw m3, 190 and 911. Hopefully they’ll pop up in store hoping the Renault and CRX won’t be at other stores.

Back