2009 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 436 comments
It would be ill-advised for Ferrari to do so anyway, anyone they bring in has to go through the same process Badoer just went through, getting used to the car, buttons, etc.

Team's are also limited to the number of driver changes they can make in a season, which I think is 4. Does Schumacher count as a change? If he does, then Ferrari have 1 change left and they will want to use it on Massa if and when he returns.
If not, they have 2 changes left, but they still have to be careful who they bring in. The driver obviously won't be continuing to next year and will take some time to get used to the car (1 or 2 races). Ferrari are running out of time if they want to use someone other than Badoer.

In slightly related news, Ferrari have posted a list of all the drivers linked by the media, fans and some drivers to replacing Badoer.

I don't know how long Ferrari have had a good sense of humour, but I'm liking it.

Apparently when asked about Badoer hitting Sutil's car in parc ferme at Valencia, a Ferrari member said "oh, there was no mistake, Kimi told him to do it".

Ferrari are winning the comedy value award this year. Who said Vettel was the greatest comedian?

I couldn't stand Ferrari during the Todt years but I'm falling back in love with them again this season.

I couldn't stand Ferrari during the Todt years but I'm falling back in love with them again this season.

Last years there's a more italian culture in the team than in the schumi years I guess. BTW the one that joked was ferrari's press officer luca colajanni. I really hope they win at least one race this year. 👍

Apparently when asked about Badoer hitting Sutil's car in parc ferme at Valencia, a Ferrari member said "oh, there was no mistake, Kimi told him to do it".

Ferrari are winning the comedy value award this year. Who said Vettel was the greatest comedian?

:lol: But that title still belongs to Vettel:

Journalist: You replaced David Coulthard at Red Bull, how many interviews do you think he has sat in?
Vettel: Probably about twice as many women he has had, maybe 10,000?

On a more serious note, if Ferrari needs someone who's good and available, and has sponsors, then Senna is the choice, but or exerience, maybe Sato?

Grosjean has put in a great performance. Toyotas are back on pace. Williams are off the pace. Webber much faster than Vettel.

BGP are at the tail, mmm looks to me like not enough wing.The speed traps have them at 5kph faster than Hamilton with a Merc engine too.
Grosjean must have a big set of kahunas, out driving Alonso. When was last time that happened...oh thats right, Hamilton.. and we know what happened after that.
Kimi has driven into a position that could bring Ferrari their first win for 2009.
It's shaping up for a great race, but it's still early days with another practice and qualifing, before we can see the picture clearer.

BGP are at the tail, mmm looks to me like not enough wing.The speed traps have them at 5kph faster than Hamilton with a Merc engine too.
They say FP2 times are misleading. Button thinks the tyre temperature issues have been sorted, though he was complaining about the rear right being a little loose out of Eau Rouge. But that didn't stop him from being very quick through the first and third sectors; it's the middle part where they're losing a chunk of time. By the end of the sesson, both Button and Barrichello were doing the sort of second-sector times that Webber had been laying down earlier in the session; Webber, of course, was going faster by then. But then, Brawn have always used Fridays to sort out race setup, and Saturdays to focus on single lap pace.

I think the fact that sector 1and 3 are quick and sector 2 is where they are losing time is exactly the case of less wing. They need to try more wing to see if the time they gain in S2, is out weighed by the time they lose in 1 and 3. There are other factors to put into perspective, such as tyre wear and drivability.
As you, DYR, have said race pace. Easier to hold out opponents by being quicker in a straight line, than trying to drive around them in corners.

I think the fact that sector 1and 3 are quick and sector 2 is where they are losing time is exactly the case of less wing. They need to try more wing to see if the time they gain in S2, is out weighed by the time they lose in 1 and 3. There are other factors to put into perspective, such as tyre wear and drivability.
As you, DYR, have said race pace. Easier to hold out opponents by being quicker in a straight line, than trying to drive around them in corners.

Indeed - more wing for Quali to get a better time - then lose a couple of cranks for the race...

C.

Last edited:
Badoer needs some chilli pepper in his a**...

And not the kind that come along and sing Californication!

Kimi for pole!!! :D

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

Roo
In slightly related news, Ferrari have posted a list of all the drivers linked by the media, fans and some drivers to replacing Badoer.

Don't you mean a list of all of the drivers that they want for Ferrari but known that they are not going to get!

Ferrari are winning the comedy value award this year.

You're right with that one, joke in qualifying, joke in race and joke all over the paddock!

On a more serious note, if Ferrari needs someone who's good and available, and has sponsors, then Senna is the choice, but or exerience, maybe Sato?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE BUT THAT KAMIKAZE PILOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what happened to Webber; he only did three laps and didn't set a time. I know Vettel was going easy to conserve engines, but from the looks of things, he only did a few laps less than most drivers. I'm kind of hoping Webber had an engine failure, because that would put him down to two engines as well ...

I wonder what happened to Webber; he only did three laps and didn't set a time. I know Vettel was going easy to conserve engines, but from the looks of things, he only did a few laps less than most drivers. I'm kind of hoping Webber had an engine failure, because that would put him down to two engines as well ...

Yeah he only did 3 laps and that's it.... But grats for Nick and BMW!!!

I hope that there's nothing serious for Webber.. :(

Pretty much a standard 3rd practice round:final preparations for race setups and thus no real quali laps...see where the mclarens are and who's in the top 5....

I am currently looking at the weather radar and see that there are some drops of rain in the area....not much but enough to have a chance of an exiting and hopefully surprising qualifying session!!

Go Sutil!!...really hoping for a great weekend for the underdogs!!!.

spyrrari.

Rain... Could be an issue for today's qualifying... But just keep on watching the weather radar and we'll see how dramatic would it be :)

Rain... Could be an issue for today's qualifying... But just keep on watching the weather radar and we'll see how dramatic would it be :)

will do so,will make a final weather update post few minutes before quali starts....👍

spyrrari.

From GPUpdate

Raikkonen fuels Ferrari exit speculations
29 August 2009

Kimi Raikkonen has said that he is certain to race in Formula 1 next year, but the Fin also revealed that if it would not be at the Ferrari team it would for sure be at an other Formula 1 team. It is rumoured that Raikkonen is going to be replaced by double world champion Fernando Alonso at the Italian team in 2010.

"If for some reason I am not at Ferrari next season I know I'll have a seat at another team in the paddock," Raikkonen told The Telegraph. "It's not a problem. Other teams want me.

"I'm too young to retire. I have a contract with Ferrari for next season. If I didn't want to race next season I would not have signed a contract."

Link

Just a wild fantasy here: Alonso for Ferrari in 2010, Kimi replacing Trulli at Toyota and becoming the same iceman we saw at Mclaren. Never going to happen, but oh well...

As for the Sato talks, I'd love to see him return. I miss drivers as Sato or Montoya. Guys like Montoya were absolute arrogant idiots outside of the track, but at least they gave some fireworks on the track. I've always enjoyed seeing Montoya pulling off some crazy stuff on the track in his Williams days. I miss Sato's stunts as well.

If Vettel does in fact, run dry of engines, is it legal for him to borrow some of Webber's supply without getting a penalty?

Thanks mate... I'll be waiting for your post :) 👍

OK radar shows few spots of rain here and there orround the circuit area,but nothing serious....
There are some big clouds around though...but it looks like it will be dry during qualifying....but dont be surprised is on of these clouds will open up suddenly...it happends a lot in this area....well see:tup:👍

now will nestle on my sofa in front of the tv...

spyrrari.

OK radar shows few spots of rain here and there orround the circuit area,but nothing serious....
There are some big clouds around though...but it looks like it will be dry during qualifying....but dont be surprised is on of these clouds will open up suddenly...it happends a lot in this area....well see:tup:👍

now will nestle on my sofa in front of the tv...

spyrrari.

Thanks for the detailed info mate... But eyah rain still could happen here...

So far, no rain...

If Vettel does in fact, run dry of engines, is it legal for him to borrow some of Webber's supply without getting a penalty?
He'll get a penalty for using an extra engine regardless of where it came from. And it won't come from Webber's supply, because Webber kind of needs those engines.

Is everybody sandbagging at the moment or are the Force Indias really that fast? :eek: I just love seeing the name "Sutil" up there! 👍

Back