2009 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 436 comments
Looks like BMW, Toyota and Force India have done their homework this weekend, all three teams are really up to pace now! 👍

Damn. I was really hoping on Button making the top ten. I suppose that this might actually be a good thing though, because he's free to choose his strategy now. Toyota have done some really good things before with Glock in particular, starting from the back half and coming through to some solid positions. Based on what we're seeing, with Fisichella (of all people!), the Toyotas and the BMWs having themselves a renaissance, the Red Bulls might just get themselves squeezed into the bottom half of the top ten ... but I'm not banking on it. This is going to be a tough one for Brawn, but if anybody can plan a strategy like this one, it's Ross Brawn.

Oh. My. God! Most epic qualifying session ever! Fisichella on pole, Trulli 2nd, Heidfeld 3rd! Good lord, this will be an epic race to watch tomorrow! 👍

Fisichella on top!!!! Fantastic!!!! BMW on the way, Force India the best out there!!!!

WHOW!!!! The best race of the season perhaps ???

Woah....I was not expecting this. Button out in Q2, Hamilton too, Trulli on the front row, Barrichello around 10 places ahead of his teammate, and both Red Bulls at the tail end of Q3. The possible consequences for Button's championship here are....oh who am I kidding, FORCE INDIA POLE!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Really happy for Force India, and good to see Toyota and BMW getting p2 and p3. Very happy to see Webber & Vettel both had a poor day as well (though getting a bit concerned at Rubans performances, I'd say he has a really good chance in the race tomorrow, especially if the FI is very lightly fueled.

Fingers crossed for Button, a good start and some good strategy should score some reasonable points (Masa managed it a few times, and Glock, so its definitely doable (especially with Ross Brawn coming up with the strategy!)

That's what I call... Blood from the Jordan Team, gone to the Force India... Experienced driver and a Fantastic car!!!! Full credits to them...

I was right, Force India are on pole, now pardon me as I pick my jaw off the floor. Fisichella will be driving for ferrari after this, even more obvious if he wins.

I don't think Trulli is on a light fuel load either as he mentioned during the press-conference. He said that he has been doing well on a heavy load all weekend and so he tried to do the same thing in qualifying. I think Barrichello has the best chance to win to tomorrow, but I really want to see what Trulli will be doing as well 👍

Wow wow wow,what an exiting session!!!unbelievable close in q1 2 and 3...
Fisi on pole....yessssss!!!!

All ingredients for a epic race tomorrow are in place,oh man can't wait for race start.

I also think Kimi is in a very good position for tomorrow,concidering he has kers and has been super quick in the 1st and 3rd part of the track(the hight speed parts)so if he can stay close to the guys in front of him in the middle part,for sure he will be the one to watch for overtaking on the straights!!!!!....

Man,unbelievable how much a different track can make such a huuuuuge difference in performances of teams/drivers eh??...

wow,again...wow!

spyrrari(trying to calm down,but struggles....lol).

Wow the way Fisi celebrated you would have thought he had won the gran prix :), such a great result for Force India!!!

I didnt know the teams future was in question, I seriously hope it doesnt turn into another few seasons team.

Robin.

Fisichella will be driving for ferrari after this, even more obvious if he wins.
He's said they haven't approached him. I doubt they'll be able to work something out in just two weeks. If he wins more than one, then maybe he and Ferrari can talk, but as it stands, one pole position doesn't justify a move.

This is so great, I can't think of a word big enough to express it, will anyone care to give a suggestion?

He's said they haven't approached him. I doubt they'll be able to work something out in just two weeks. If he wins more than one, then maybe he and Ferrari can talk, but as it stands, one pole position doesn't justify a move.

I don't think anyone thinks Fisi is moving to Ferrari for good. But for the rest of the season, getting ANYONE into the 2nd seat is justifiable. To put it in perspective, irrespective of the spin, Badoer was a sixth of a second off 19th place. He was over a second off getting into Q2...The entire grid in Q1 was seperated by 1.8 seconds.

Could this be another Monza 2008?

Looks like Force India have found a perfect setup for their cars, fantastic!

It could be mate... who knows... :)

BMW has made a turnaround as well... So it's all a possibilities out there...

Back