2009 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 436 comments
No no, Giancarlo Fisichella crashed in the 2005 Belgian GP.

(He was driving for Sauber in 2004).

He also crashed there with a Benetton.

Oh yeah sorry... Got everything wrong today... 2005 With Renault and I cant remember where when he was with Benetton... I think it's in Eau Rouge too...

All the talk about Fisico, and not a word about Raikkonen? He will jump up a few places off the line, and maybe pass some more people in the pits.

Ruebens and Kimi are the 2 from the top, that are likely to perform, as they are better at lap after lap pace. I think these 2 will be at the finish and kubica will be the best of the rest.
Toyota have shown they can match the quali pace before as Williams have ,only to fall back during the race. Toyota have had unusal tactics all season too.
Red Bull have been a bigger suprise in failing to show the expected pace, than Force India's rise to the top.

All the talk about Fisico, and not a word about Raikkonen? He will jump up a few places off the line, and maybe pass some more people in the pits.

Jump a couple of places at the start is a must as he has the KERS system...

But during pits??? It's hard...

If Force India win it or score a podium, how long do you think it will be before the Indian government reneges and declares Formula One to indeed be a sport?
Jump a couple of places at the start is a must as he has the KERS system...
Except that by the time KERS is of any benefit to him, he'll be in the braking zone for La Source. No, I expect he'll wait and use it after the hairpin.

He won't jump anyone in the beginning. But he will make that late race charge to get that last podium spot.

Shocked that Rubens is the lightest man on the grid - the Brawn car really is slow this weekend... no wonder Jenson didn't make Q3

C.

If Force India win it or score a podium, how long do you think it will be before the Indian government reneges and declares Formula One to indeed be a sport?
Except that by the time KERS is of any benefit to him, he'll be in the braking zone for La Source. No, I expect he'll wait and use it after the hairpin.

Yeah KIMI will use the KERS either at the start or after the La Source hairpin... Perhaps he will use a quarter at the start and full after the hairpin...

My podium prediction now knowing the fuel loads:

1. K. Raikkonnen
2. J. Trulli
3. G Fisichella

But if the ferrari does not have race pace then I expect Fisi or Trulli to win as he will jump people with his KERS then hold then up negating the lighter fuel loads.

In case you want to know Fisi's record at Belgium...

1997 - 2nd
1998 - Retired - collision
1999 - 11th
2000 - Retired - electrical
2001 - 3rd
2002 - Retired - engine
2004 - 5th
2005 - Retired - accident
2007 - Retired - suspension
2008 - 17th

So he's finished then retired from every race up to 2007.

Than you missed my post on the previous pages kid...:)

I do vafour him to do very well today...

spyrrari.

Last edited:
I think Kimi or Fisi will win, but the rest of the positions I haven't got the slightest clue....

Except Badoer last 💡

Badoer wasn't far off the pace yesterday and he could potentially have been higher if he hadn't crashed.

He wasn't last in the previous race ;)

No, because everyone behind him crashed on lap 1 and had to get new front wings, or had a mechanical failure.

No, because everyone behind him crashed on lap 1 and had to get new front wings, or had a mechanical failure.

That is racing, and the fact of the matter is that Badoer stayed out of trouble.

How pleasant.

The starting grid in pictoral format.
Start12BEL.png

Oddly enough, Wikipedia had it. It was created by a user with a Free Documentation License.

Edit: That ^

In case you want to know Fisi's record at Belgium...

1997 - 2nd
1998 - Retired - collision
1999 - 11th
2000 - Retired - electrical
2001 - 3rd
2002 - Retired - engine
2004 - 5th
2005 - Retired - accident
2007 - Retired - suspension
2008 - 17th

So he's finished then retired from every race up to 2007.

Going on the odds ...he's due a retirement.

I can't believe this! I don't even care that Vettel's only 8th! I've never been so excited about a Grand Prix before! It's gonna be epic!

We should be in for an epic grand prix today, I really don't think anyone can honestly point out someone and say that they will definitely win as qualifying really turned everything upside down.

The pole is a great achievement but I seriously doubt a Force India car can survive a race without letting a bunch of cars past -- that's if it even lasts the entire race. Not to mention Fisichella was never a great race pace driver. The same goes for Trulli. I like the guy but his pace on race day is horrid and frankly, he'll just be holding up Heidfeld and Rubens. Kimi always excels at Spa so if the Ferrari has the pace he should definitely challenge for the win.

Right now I'm thinking of a podium with Rubens, Kimi, and probably Heideld. Maybe Kubica could take that third spot depending on how things go.

Im not so sure to be honest as people seem to be under the impression the force india is a slow car and it really isn't, I mean look at the weights yes he is running light but Rubens is running lighter and all the cars around him aren't running that much heavier. I would like to see force india win but I think they will probably manage a podium and a win if they get lucky.

Also why does everyone think that Kimi is going to win? the ferrari isn't that fast at all and he only has 7kg more fuel than Fisichella.

Wow, what a start by Kimi. 6th to 2nd on the first half of a lap... Awesome. He always starts well in Belgium.

Lewis and Jenson are done.

Back