2009 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 436 comments
Wow, what a start by Kimi. 6th to 2nd on the first half of a lap... Awesome. He always starts well in Belgium.

Lewis and Jenson are done.

If you thought saturday was mad, Sunday has turned the world upside down. BrawnGP = 0 points for the weekend probably. Awesome start by kimi though. Red bull are bitching as usual.

Raikkonen into the race lead on the first lap after the safety car goes in. Amazing race for him so far and it's barely started.

Räikkönen is a cheat. He used the run off at the exit of the first corner on lap 1 to gain a very clear advantage. I want him disqualified for that.

Well, the way it happened was quite surprising... He literally flew through the field. I thought he would do well and challenge for the win but not this easily.

Not impressed by the new boy in the Renault taking out Jenson, yet another reason why the stupid no in season testing rule should be canned.

It was inevitable that one of the new drivers with so little experience would go and end the race of someone who is fighting for the championship!

Just hope for misfortune to fall on Vettel & Webber now...

Trulli is out, they just wheeled him into the garage, once again when they had a chance to win it all just went wrong for them.

Not impressed by the new boy in the Renault taking out Jenson, yet another reason why the stupid no in season testing rule should be canned.

It was inevitable that one of the new drivers with so little experience would go and end the race of someone who is fighting for the championship!

Just hope for misfortune to fall on Vettel & Webber now...

Can't help but wonder if you'd have the same opinion if Grosjean had taken out a Red Bull...

Renault, you're the pathetic disgrace of this sport.

That's all I have to say.

What, what?

I want Fisi to win but I also don't want Raikkonen to go out as i've always been a ferrari fan. Its a tough one really, I think Fisi may be able to do it he is definitely closing him down.

Button is out on lap 1 and Barrichello is currently only going to close the gap by 2 points. Does anyone actually want to challenge for this title?

Button is out on lap 1 and Barrichello is currently only going to close the gap by 2 points. Does anyone actually want to challenge for this title?

I don't understand are you trying to say that what happened to the Brawns was intentional from Rubens and Button?

He's saying the Button is barely being challenged for the championship. He had a great start but has mostly been off the pace recently.

He can bring it in... just with very few points... what a cliffhanger... he gets two! EDIT: and, referencing my prophetic post... his car finally catches on fire... right after he finishes the race... :lol:

What a great race for Kimi and Fisichela!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Force India get the 8 points!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to Raikkonen as well.

I don't understand are you trying to say that what happened to the Brawns was intentional from Rubens and Button?

What I mean is that no matter what Button does, his lead isn't disappearing. It's as if no one wants to challenge him.

Kimi didn't deserve that win. He took to the run off tarmac on the exit of turn 1 on lap 1 and was able to carry greater speed all the way through to next section. That's how he got into 2nd place at the start.

Grats Raikkonen!!! So as for the Force India...

A fantastic recovery for the BMW!!!! Love this race!!!! Congratulations to them!!!!

WHEW...FINALLY!!! 👍

Looks as though it may be Button's championship,over the last few races the Red Bull guys have had there chances but unable to take advantage. Button has been vunurable,though not totally his fault today except for poor starting spot.

Last edited:
Kimi didn't deserve that win. He took to the run off tarmac on the exit of turn 1 on lap 1 and was able to carry greater speed all the way through to next section. That's how he got into 2nd place at the start.

He was forced off the track.

Fisi was quite impressive today. Obviously the car was great but Sutil was pretty much put to shame, so well done Giancarlo. Congrats again to Raikkonen. Great to see him and the Scuderia pick up a win.

Congrats to Kimi, but more so congrats to Fisichella. 👍👍

I woke up right around lap 33, and I'd appreciate knowing two things:

Who qualified 1st-3rd?
What happened to Button?

I didn't see Practice or Qualifying because it continues to air ridiculously late in the morning. :indiff:

EDIT: Sorry, not lap 33, when the counter was on 33...I already forget how many laps there were in total but I reckon I woke up on lap 16? Somebody clarify that, I'm still half asleep. :lol:

Back