2009 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Peter
  • 436 comments
I guess the question immediately thought of at the moment is could Fisi have kept the Force India in the lead had Kimi not been using KERS?

Congrats to Kimi, but more so congrats to Fisichella. 👍👍

I woke up right around lap 33, and I'd appreciate knowing two things:

Who qualified 1st-3rd?
What happened to Button?

I didn't see Practice or Qualifying because it continues to air ridiculously late in the morning. :indiff:

1. Fisichella 2. Trulli 3. Heinfeld

Button was in a crash on the first lap, which I'm still not totally sure if it was because of Kimi or just typical close racing.

Obviously the car was great but Sutil was pretty much put to shame, so well done Giancarlo.

I honestly cannot believe you just said that. Alonso hit Sutil's car, making Sutil pit on the very first lap already. If Sutil didn't have a damaged car, I'm more than sure both FI's would've scored points. The Force India was one hell of a quick car this weekend, and I really hope this weekend isn't the last we saw from Force India.

I fell a little bit irked by the fact no questions were raised during Raikkonen's start. He was forced off the track, but I feel he gained advantage by going off. Too bad, Fisichella was easily just as fast as the Ferrari.

Oh, and Toyota, just leave and go back to Le Mans. Everytime qualifying goes well, something in the race goes horribly wrong.

I think that first crash could have been possibly caused because of Kimi's off track excursion which bunched up the pack. Im really happy that Force India managed to get 2nd place and im happy that Kimi won but it would have been fantastic if Fisi had won.

I think that first crash could have been possibly caused because of Kimi's off track excursion which bunched up the pack. Im really happy that Force India managed to get 2nd place and im happy that Kimi won but it would have been fantastic if Fisi had won.

No... the crashed was caused by Grosjean that hit Barrichello or Button and he spun, later the grosjean hit Alguersuari's car and Alguersuari hit Hamilton...

The off track car was Heidfeld... He gone off track due to being squeezed into the inside... And right at the start, Trulli hit the back of Heidfeld and that caused damage to the Toyota's front wing...

1. Fisichella 2. Trulli 3. Heinfeld

Button was in a crash on the first lap, which I'm still not totally sure if it was because of Kimi or just typical close racing.

Thank you. :)

I just saw the start as I was reading that. Seemed like six or seven cars were damaged, a lot of carbon fiber and guts everywhere. You'd have to imagine Alonso is royally pissed being taken out of competition for almost the exact same reason as before.

Fantastic stuff from Force India and Fisichella, hope it continues at Monza.

That's it, I bet my ass that Fisico will get a call from Ferrari, he's spectacular at the moment in terms of speed.

What, what?

I lost my mind after seeing Renault ruining a podium place yet again.

But this time was Alonso's fault, for once. Ah, well. I still believe he would've done better in any other car this year. Anything else is better than Renault.

That could've easily been 5th, but Kimi made it 1st.

Perfect drive with a damaged car after Kubica hit him in Les Combes.

Red Bull shoot themselves in the foot again, if I was Horner I'd fire that whole pitcrew.

Fantastic stuff from Force India and Fisichella, hope it continues at Monza.

Yeah they have a chance... The car that performed very well this weekend would do the same for Monza as the car characteristic are nearly the same... Just reduce the wing and everything will fo like hell.. and yeah longer gear ratio :)

Perfect drive with a damaged car after Kubica hit him in Les Combes.

No mate.. It's Raikkonen that squeezed Kubica into the inside and hit Kubica's front wing end-plate with his rear-right-wheel... Try to look at the replay again mate...

Force India will have an edge at Monza as well, most definitely. So, will the KERS cars, I hope FI use it at Monza, so they will be able to kick Ferrari's ass on their home soil.

Force India will have an edge at Monza as well, most definitely. So, will the KERS cars, I hope FI use it at Monza, so they will be able to kick Ferrari's ass on their home soil.

Have FI used KERS ever this season before???

But this time was Alonso's fault, for once. Ah, well. I still believe he would've done better in any other car this year. Anything else is better than Renault.

Who? What?

As I've already stated, I haven't seen the entire race so there's the slight chance you're referring to something else. However, if you're referring to Alonso pitting from third...how was that his fault? The mechanic couldn't get the nut or the wheel spat on...quickly enough which knocked him down 10 places and not even one lap later...out of the race.

Who? What?

As I've already stated, I haven't seen the entire race so there's the slight chance you're referring to something else. However, if you're referring to Alonso pitting from third...how was that his fault? The mechanic couldn't get the nut or the wheel spat on...quickly enough which knocked him down 10 places and not even one lap later...out of the race.

The damage to the wheel cover was because of the contact between him and Sutil at the La Source hairpin and the nsose of Sutil's car hit the middle of Alonso's wheel cover... Could have damage the wheel nut...

No mate.. It's Raikkonen that squeezed Kubica into the inside and hit Kubica's front wing end-plate with his rear-right-wheel... Try to look at the replay again mate...

Nope, you are wrong there.

Kimi was rejoining from the grass and Kubica didn't slow down at all, he just drove straight in to the back of him.

Nope, you are wrong there.

Kimi was rejoining from the grass and Kubica didn't slow down at all, he just drove straight in to the back of him.

Well I didn't see him run off track... But I did saw Heidfeld ran off track...

If Kubica hit the back, then it's a racing incident... How can he slow down when there's a car shockingly come back into the racing line from a grass right in front of him....

Dude, Sutil hit Alonso because Sutil made an Mistake. Not vice versa.
Alonso can`t disappear. He had to push, 2 cars were on his left side and 4 cars behind him.

Great race!!wasn't to far off on my predictions pre race...

congrats to Kimi,fisi and vettel...

Will surely see FI doing well in Monza in 2 weeks time,what a season so far ...who knows what we will see happening in the last few races...

spyrrari.

Who says F1 isn't a contact sport? :sly:

Now that I think about it, Red Bull also made the same mistake with the pit release. I know these guys want to get them out there as fast as possible to maintain a good position, but aren't they paying attention to who's coming up right behind their guys? Continuing on Red Bull, I reckon if Vettel keeps contending and driving as well as he is another team is definitely going to proposition him.

Quickly.

lol @ the S-bomb from Vettel.

I almost couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say that... understandable... he really has gone through a lot of **** these past few races...

He's going to be a few thousand euros poorer next week, when the FIA fine him for that... :lol:

I guess the question immediately thought of at the moment is could Fisi have kept the Force India in the lead had Kimi not been using KERS?

I think so. He was neck-in-neck with Kimi at the end... and Kimi never seemed to be able to open up a gap on him.

Heck... if Fisi had KERS, he might have been able to put distance on Kimi by the end...

This really is a crazy season... a Force India! On pole! On the podium! Madness!!!

He did say that, I wondered why when he was talking it went silent for a couple seconds. Reminds my of when Dale Jr. said it, it was blown way out of proportion.

Who? What?

Alonso can`t disappear. He had to push, 2 cars were on his left side and 4 cars behind him.

Really? Weird. The spanish broadcasting said it was Alonso's fault - And they're unlikely to blame Alonso for anything, so I believed them.

Anyway, Renault have already ruined more than one race for Alonso, so my opinion stays still.

Also. Piquet deserves great shame - He's way too jealous for his own good. http://twitter.com/NelsonPiquet/status/3644040066

Is Raikkonen under investigation for using the run-off to his advantage? I think the stewards should shove a 5 second penalty up his a**, all because I want Fisico to win so badly.

Nope. Someone hit Sutil and half span him and then Alonso drove over the front wing of the Force India, Not Sutils fault at all.

Great race. Probably the best of the season, even if Button was out at Les Combes. Even when he has a bad run of things, everyone else does. At this rate, they can't catch him, but I think he'll be counting the number of lives he has left. Monza and Singapore are going to be exceptionally important; both favour the Brawn more than they do the Red Bull. I guess one of the things that has helped Button out is that we've had five winners in five races. When was the last time we had that?

Red Bull are in a predicament. Vettel has more points, but Webber has more engines. They simply cannot afford to let their drivers race each other any more; they really should have settled on a running order after Hungary, but with both Brawn drivers in front of them, it's imperative that they get a good result at Monza. Because now Force India have joined the party, as has BMW. Worse for them, Monza will suit the Mercedes engine, while the frequent chicanery is Brawn territory.

I also think that the runoff at La Source really needs to be fixed, possibly to astroturf. If Martin Brundle was right - and judging by the replays of the start, I believe he was - Kimi Raikkonen started with every intention of using the run-off area to get a better start, and that's not on.

How can he slow down when there's a car shockingly come back into the racing line from a grass right in front of him....

These cars have a thing called a "brake pedal" :). I don't care since Kimi won but that could've easily ended his race. Kubica had visual contact on Kimi the whole time and should've done better to avoid that contact.

Is Raikkonen under investigation for using the run-off to his advantage? I think the stewards should shove a 5 second penalty up his a**, all because I want Fisico to win so badly.

I don't think so, I'm starting to hope that they shove something up yours though...

These cars have a thing called a "brake pedal" :). I don't care since Kimi won but that could've easily ended his race. Kubica had visual contact on Kimi the whole time and should've done better to avoid that contact.

I don't think so, I'm starting to hope that they shove something up yours though...

I can't help but feel that if things had been the other way round that your opinion would be different...

Im a Kimi fan as well but the advantage he gained was so obvious, he wasn't avoiding an incident and plainly just ran wide to use the extra speed boost, Im guessing he must have figured this out after last year :)

Edit: The personal attacks really aren't needed either.

Back