2012 Fantasy Formula 1: Final Standings

• Thread starter That90sGuy
  • 866 comments
Pretty happy about my result for the last one, got the highest score I could without getting a penalty for using Vettel without any CP's.

But on that note, I've just noticed that PAWEL17 with a 1st (+10), 2nd and 3rd somehow managed to score higher than me with my 5th, 2nd and 3rd, despite him supposedly getting a 10 place grid penalty for Vettel.

I'm not trying to detract points from him or anything, but I'm now a bit confused as to how the CP penalty system works, because if I had known that the penalty for picking the same driver twice without any CP's was so minor then I probably would have just picked Vettel anyway (rather than 5th place Raikkonen) xD.

I can't find the pick form? Going for Vettel, Webber and Alonso.

Form submitted, even though it's for R.16 and not 17. :P

Just for reference: Vettel, Webber, Alonso. I'll probably change but for now, at least until 90sGuy comes around, those are my picks.

The pick form leads to the same spreadsheet for me, so if it's mislabeled for some reason, I would've still recieved your picks.

Pretty happy about my result for the last one, got the highest score I could without getting a penalty for using Vettel without any CP's.

But on that note, I've just noticed that PAWEL17 with a 1st (+10), 2nd and 3rd somehow managed to score higher than me with my 5th, 2nd and 3rd, despite him supposedly getting a 10 place grid penalty for Vettel.

I'm not trying to detract points from him or anything, but I'm now a bit confused as to how the CP penalty system works, because if I had known that the penalty for picking the same driver twice without any CP's was so minor then I probably would have just picked Vettel anyway (rather than 5th place Raikkonen) xD.

This presented a new situation for me. PAWEL17 (and Justin who also fell into this boat) actually picked the 1-2-3 and didn't just carry their picks over.

The points table outlines a 50 point bonus for collecting the 1-2-3, but I wasn't sure what conditions that bonus could be awarded. I decided since they actually picked, I would give them that bonus. If someone didn't pick and score the 1-2-3, I wouldn't have given them that bonus.

This even confused me so maybe we need to come to a decision about this.

EDIT: Further thought, I guess this could add some strategy and risk to this. Do you allow yourself to take a 10 place penalty in the hope of gaining extra points?

EDIT2: In sending out reminders, TomMcD wasn't able to be found, has he changed names?

Last edited:
I just checked there, it's now "Tom." 👍

This presented a new situation for me. PAWEL17 (and Justin who also fell into this boat) actually picked the 1-2-3 and didn't just carry their picks over.

I should have gotten points for 1,3,12(with no bonus), that is how I did it prior to my absence. I have clarified this in next years rules so it shouldn't be an issue next year.👍

I should have gotten points for 1,3,12, that is how I did it prior to my absence. I have clarified this in next years rules so it shouldn't be an issue next year.👍

I know you are cool with it how I've originally, but I think in the interest of fairness, I'll revert the points back to their original values without the 50 point bonus.

So, just clarifying to others who may have done this, no 50 point bonus if you take a 10 place penalty with one of your picks.

I don't think i got my picks in on the pick form in time but i put them in this thread way earlier. I wasn't able to find the pick form and by the time i got the message on my app, i was way too wasted to do anything about it. can you tell me if my picks were in on time or if i got screwed?

Cheers.

Back