2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 148,976 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know :)
 
I know quite a lot about Chelsea's history, play, players, and quite frankly I'd hate anyone who called me a Chelsea supporter.
 
I know quite a lot about Chelsea's history, play, players, and quite frankly I'd hate anyone who called me a Chelsea supporter.

I've been watching Jo Brand for the last half hour, yet this made me laugh the most.

Actually, that's not saying so much...
 
I know quite a lot about Chelsea's history, play, players, and quite frankly I'd hate anyone who called me a Chelsea supporter.
Yeah same here. My Dad is a Chelsea supporter and we talk a lot so I know quite a bit.

On a side note, if knowing a lot about a club makes you a supporter, Famine must support a lot of clubs :lol:
 
It was the sudden rise ever since that oil tycoon Abra took over in 2003. Was just a 11 years old when I saw the beginning of a dynasty. Oh do we have any City and Arsenal fans here too?
 
It was the sudden rise ever since that oil tycoon Abra took over in 2003. Was just a 11 years old when I saw the beginning of a dynasty. Oh do we have any City and Arsenal fans here too?
And hence, the nickname, Chelski was born :lol:. And mattythedog, Esco87 (don't visit the footy threads often) and sems4arsenal are all Arsenal fans.

Katiegan; Tom.; Dustone and thelvynau are all City fans but they don't post here much.
 
Katiegan; Tom.; Dustone and thelvynau are all City fans but they don't post here much.

post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-pGrc.jpeg


:lol: GGMU!

Did I do it right?

On a side note, if knowing a lot about a club makes you a supporter, Famine must support a lot of clubs :lol:

What a glory supporter...

Anyway I'm off for my two weeks vacation :lol:
 
Hahaha no :lol: :p

I hate that generalization that all United fans support United for the trophies, yes some do but many of us have supported United for a very long time. I supported them before I knew anything about the number of trophies they'd won.

Probably because everyone else did :sly:
 
What's it to you what clubs I support?
You posted to tell us. If you didn't want people to know, why tell people?

In any case, you only support one club.

You can have soft spots for as many as you like, but you only support one. If you have trouble telling which it's the one that, if all the clubs you say you support were to play each other in a tournament, you'd want to win.
 
Just found out you cant put Mods into ignore list. Damn.
 
Indeed. That way you might miss them telling you something important like "Oh look, you're making useless posts for the sake of posting yet again. Quit it or you won't last long." and accidentally get yourself banned through ignorance of the warning.

Since you're objecting to people commenting on your support-status of a football club, one can only presume the post telling people your support-status of a football club was a useless post for sake of posting too (especially given this post and the thoroughly useless follow-up to it)...
 
Last edited:
...one can only presume the post telling people your support-status of a football club was a useless post for sake of posting too...
Pretty much this. If you are going to post something, expect people to comment on it.
 
He's just looking for an argument.
 
So Akmug said last night that if you support two teams in the same division then you are a plastic fan...everyone knows that i support Man United and Swansea and im telling you know im NOT a plastic fan! :irked:
 
MUSC4EVER
So Akmug said last night that if you support two teams in the same division then you are a plastic fan...everyone knows that i support Man United and Swansea and im telling you know im NOT a plastic fan! :irked:

See this:

Famine
You can have soft spots for as many as you like, but you only support one. If you have trouble telling which it's the one that, if all the clubs you say you support were to play each other in a tournament, you'd want to win.

Famine is right about everything. Everything!

:sly:
 
So Akmug said last night that if you support two teams in the same division then you are a plastic fan...everyone knows that i support Man United and Swansea and im telling you know im NOT a plastic fan! :irked:

See this:



Famine is right about everything. Everything!

:sly:
Yep, when Swansea and United play each other, who, in your heart, do you want to win. Put it this way, if United were 4th and Swansea 5th and it was the last day of the season and whichever team won would make the UCL, who would you be rooting for?
 
Well, this is how it is at the moment for me, when the two teams meet twice in a season i support Swansea because im Welsh, but for the rest of the season i support both...and when they do meet i hate it because im kind of conflicted, United have beaten Swansea in all the league meetings since the Swans have been promoted...
 
Wow, I didnt know that.
 
Apparently Chelsea have put in 58mil for Cavani, and 32mil for Hulk. And now are preparing a bid for Mangala.
 
So Akmug said last night that if you support two teams in the same division then you are a plastic fan...everyone knows that i support Man United and Swansea and im telling you know im NOT a plastic fan! :irked:

No it doesn't mean you are a plastic fan. I obviously support Liverpool but i also support Fullham. I have soft spots for a few clubs (including United, beleive it or not) but my soft spots are mainly Southampton and Swansea.
 
Is supporting another club because they have a player that you really like at them considered a "Plastic Fan?" For example, I am a Chelsea Supporter but, I support Newcastle United and Dortmund because some of my favourite players are Ben Arfa, Reus, and Leitner. Does that make me a Plastic Fan?
 
Does it matter? If you try hard enough you can find a way to label anyone a plastic fan or a glory hunter or something similar.
 
Example?
 
Supporting a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

I mean, a marriage.

You can dislike her at times. You can ogle other women. You can even tell her she's wrong - if you're brave. But she's your wife and you should always be by her side over anyone else's.

Also there's a 50% divorce rate.
 
Last edited:
Everyone ogles other girls, but to be honest, I haven't ever argued with my girlfriend that i can think of.
 

I'd rather not because it's pointless and only likely to cause an argument, maybe not as much on here as other places but it could still happen.:scared:

Who others support does not affect me one bit so I wouldn't waste my time trying to criticize it to make me appear as a "better" fan than someone else because there is no such thing and it just does not matter.:D
 
Well i just meant what if it was someone who has supported a team since they were born, how would they be a plastic fan in any way? I actually have a Liverpool onesie from when i was a baby. Obviously i didnt support them then because i was a baby (and i actually supported Everton for a while, don't ask) But i found out recently that many of my relatives actually supported Liverpool for years. So i guess you could say my blood is red. Oh wait.....
 
It would depend on what you (or anyone) would accept as acceptable reasons to follow a team. Like when someone says a "real" fan is one who supports his home town team (How people define this is also debatable sometimes). Fine if someone supports them because they are proud of where they come from but as soon as people do it because that's what you are supposed to do or because someone told them to do it, or because their parents support that team then that it is also a bit "plastic" don't you think. :sly:

If I had a set of rules that determine if someone is a real fan or not what makes me right or gives me the right to push my rules on someone else. ;)
 
Fine if someone supports them because they are proud of where they come from but as soon as people do it because that's what you are supposed to do or because someone told them to do it, or because their parents support that team then that it is also a bit "plastic" don't you think. :sly:
Yes.
If I had a set of rules that determine if someone is a real fan or not what makes me right or gives me the right to push my rules on someone else. ;)
Being right. Or, more accurately, being able to defend it.

I'll link again to "No you're not entitled to your opinion", because it's a good thing to bear in mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back