• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
IjB7q16.jpg

Points per race - 43-1 (No points for a race you finish less than 50% of)
  • Bonus Points - +5 for the pole, +3 for leading the most laps, +7 for leading more than 50% of the laps in a race
  • Chase Picks - All who win a race plus those in the top 10 in points that don't have a win
  • Chase Seeding - +1 point for every place over 10th in the points you were pre-reset, -1 for every place behind 10th you were pre-reset, +1 point for every win
  • Eliminations - If you fall more than a race and a half behind the leader (So 65 points), you are eliminated from the Chase and your points are reset to pre-Chase totals plus what you have earned in the Chase

Bold - Race Win
Italic - Finished >50% so no points were awarded.
Blank - DNQ/DNE
Green - Has won and is locked into Chase

Last edited:
Faster than Jimmie could finish his burnout. :D

I actually have predictions for next year's season already, but I won't post it until before I go to sleep.

I'm a bit disappointed about the fact Annett's debuting with the #7 team, I mean, wouldn't it be more beneficial for him to do one more NW campaign next year while running the occasional Cup race inbetween? This unfortunately seems like yet another attempt to rush a driver into the Cup... :indiff:

A few of my predictions;

- Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500 for a second year in a row and goes on to win the 2014 championship.
- The runner-up curse will strike Matt Kenseth. He will win a race, but struggle throughout the year.
- Stewart-Haas Racing runs inconsistently with only Tony Stewart making the Chase.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. goes winless (again) but finishes inside of the top 5 in points.
- Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne both miss the Chase.
- Denny Hamlin returns strong, winning multiple races and making the Chase.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. wins his first career Cup race.
- Kyle Larson will win Rookie of the Year .

2014 season thread, already? Geez that was quick. :lol:

Anyway, I think next year will be much the same as this year and come down to a battle between a Hendrick car and a JGR car for the championship.

Last edited:
That was kinda quick, but it doesn't matter.

Will reserve my thoughts predictions for a future date...

2014 predictions:
-Someone will troll the thread for the entire year with senseless posts.
-Some people will complain when Kyle Busch wins most of the truck and Nationwide races.
-Some others will complain about Austin Dillon using the #3.
-But both groups will complain about Danica.
-Someone will mention how boring modern NASCAR is and how they aren't going to watch anymore, than proceed to watch every race.

Did I miss anything?

Pick me pick me Justin I know the answer to number one :dopey:

Anyways I rather decompress from all racing before I start making predictions.

2014 predictions:
-Someone will troll the thread for the entire year with senseless posts.
-Some people will complain when Kyle Busch wins most of the truck and Nationwide races.
-Some others will complain about Austin Dillon using the #3.
-But both groups will complain about Danica.
-Someone will mention how boring modern NASCAR is and how they aren't going to watch anymore, than proceed to watch every race.

Did I miss anything?
-Someone will be ecstatic if Dale Jr wins a race next season
-Someone will be angry if Dale Jr wins a race next year
-Someone will be ecstatic if Dale Jr doesn't win a race next year
-Someone will be angry if Dale Jr doesn't win a race next year
-All of these people will post in this thread nearly every week

-Someone will be ecstatic if Jeff Gordon wins a race next season
-Someone will be angry if Jeff Gordon wins a race next year
-Someone will be ecstatic if Jeff Gordon doesn't win a race next year
-Someone will be angry if Jeff Gordon doesn't win a race next year
-This person will post in this thread nearly every week

Just sayin'.

My predictions for 2014:

-Jimmie Johnson will win his 7th championship in dominant fashion by breaking all Modern Era records, setting off small-scale riots throughout the Deep South. :crazy:
-Jeff Gordon announces his retirement after the 2015 season.
-Despite more rule changes in an attempt to improve competition, the racing will somehow be even worse than this year.
-Danica Patrick will have 2 top 10 finishes at plate races, but continue to suck everywhere else.
-The drivers being rushed into the Cup series (Larson, Dillon) will fail miserably.
-Kyle Busch will continue to dominate the lower series, but struggle in Cup.

Hmm...I guess I can give some predictions:

-20 members, give or take, will place a certain person on their 'ignore' list.
-38 separate ways to "fix" the sport, consisting of the same 6 arguments repeated.
-284.5 cases of someone getting offended by a response made here. 128 will make a attempt to argue.
-I will make at least 4 wrong statements here alone.

Now NASCAR:
-NASCAR brass, in an attempt to make 1.5 racing better by their hand, will ruin the racing everywhere else, including Martinsville and Bristol.
-Auto Club Speedway will fail at everything...again.
-Dale Jr. will be respectable, but will once again fall short. I'll give him a race, though.
-JJ will annoy the daylights out of everyone by simply not going away.
-JGR will be able to stand toe-to-toe with Hendrick, but won't be lead by the 20.
-RCR will be the laughing stock of the Cup Series.
-Roush will get in the door, but not much and are a middling shop all season.
-MWR won't compete regularly, but won't do anything stupid. Bowyer and Vickers though...
-In response, Truex and NAPA will give a grand 'F-U' all season, constantly out performing MWR AND both make the chase, together or apart.
-At least 75 mystery cautions.

Auto Club Speedway was one of the surprisingly good races this past season. Cars were 3 and 4 wide all race long, and there was lots of passing. It was the best race at California Speedway in ages (yes, that is not saying a lot).

Predictions?

Jimmie wins lol
Brad shoots from the mouth about things he really shouldn't discuss
Truck Series puts on the best season... again, even with the new trucks
Nationwide Series dominated by Cup drivers again.. eventual series champion wins less than 3 races

As for this thread...
Nothing changes

I predict that I will be playing a lot of F1 and GT6 until late January (annoying my wife greatly)...then I will start watching a lot of racing (annoying my wife once again). I also predict that I will buy her the new Sims4 so she can annoy me right back, no wonder we get along so well :D

Excellent article! I'm really more interested in the 2015 NASCAR season and if changes are made to the Chase venues. I'm especially interested in possible additions to road courses, as they seem to FINALLY be garnering more acceptance in the NASCAR community.

For 2014, I want to see how Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon do, and to see if Jimmie Johnson can get number seven.

I wouldn't really say Dillon has been rushed to Cup. I like how RCR has handled his part time Cup career as well, running at different kinds of race tracks the last few years rather then "Holy crap have to stuff him in the car forget about fitting him in the car" Kyle Larson.

Back