2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
[QUOTE="Swagger897, post: 10236863, member: 204006"

I just wonder why Newman didn't punt Kevin into the wall this time..[/QUOTE]
He couldn't without taking himself out. If he caught Harvick, then it might've gotten physical (on track. Calm down everybody)

[QUOTE="Swagger897, post: 10236863, member: 204006"

I just wonder why Newman didn't punt Kevin into the wall this time..
He couldn't without taking himself out. If he caught Harvick, then it might've gotten physical (on track. Calm down everybody)[/QUOTE]
Naw.... He basically perfected the move at Phoenix. He didn't cause a puncture to himself.

I just wish Larson made it more dramatic by putting it hard into the wall, rather than just slide with it.

ESPN just had an on air flub. According to ESPN, "He's (Kevin Harvick) been running in Sprint Cup since the '90s." I never knew that 2001 was in the 1990s.

ESPN just had an on air flub. According to ESPN, "He's (Kevin Harvick) been running in Sprint Cup since the '90s." I never knew that 2001 was in the 1990s.
I knew they had to end it on a "high" note. Can I get a fail compilation/tribute please!

Just further cements that we won't miss ESPN. Ok maybe a little, but not at all for the right reason.

Now bring it on NBC, embarrass the hell out of Fox (Not that it'll be that difficult, but just rub it in their face even more).

Just glad that I'll be able to see this without a big expensive Satallite/Cable plan.

Oh boy Newman almost upset the order, NASCAR will soon have their format won by a non-winning driver as long as they keep the chase it will happen, they can luckily sleep easy tonight and say not this year. But soon it will happen because it's nearly happened a few times already.

Format is still a joke, even if a high winning driver (one who I basically figured would be one of the few to win it) took the title.

Oh boy Newman almost upset the order NASCAR will soon have their format won by a non-winning driver as long as they keep the chase it will happen, they can luckily sleep easy tonight and say not this year. But soon it will happen because it's nearly happened a few times already.

Format is still a joke, even if a high winning driver (one who I basically figured would be one of the few to win it) took the title.
I still think there should be a fan vote for a chase spot. Dogecar FTW!!!

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if they really implemented a fan vote.

If that happens I'll leave NASCAR behind for good, which after two decades of watching I wouldn't have expected to say.

EDIT:

They'll most likely do a double points race before that boys, a la F1 and Indy car style.

If that happens I'll leave NASCAR behind for good, which after two decades of watching I wouldn't have expected to say.

EDIT:

They'll most likely do a double points race before that boys, a la F1 and Indy car style.
Yeah, one of the super speedways...

But fan vote.... No. NASCAR has left ABC and Waltrip isn't bringing DWTS with him..

Anyone know what this is supposedly about? This might be a joke of some sorts, but supposedly JJ irritated NASCAR somehow.
10624723_4783565085146_3392171852207012879_n.jpg

Now I know why. This is why. This guy's follower sums up my opinion on it now that I know the answer.
10734186_824144360961666_1581627552108848310_n.jpg

I think its about time for a penalty, and one that's actually worth while.
Frankly it isn't a shock that its the 48 team with their shady past. Granted, EVERYONE cheats, but Jimmie's team makes it way to obvious some times. Then again, that's why everyone looks at JJ and thinks he's a cheater. He just gets caught way more than everyone else.

According to Fox (I know, I know) it was that they didn't ask permission, NASCAR wanted to qualify that at the "holler" after the race.

Link.

JJTweet.JPG

NASCAR are now happy, won't get into the details of tyre-spacing rules but say;

Pemberton
It's fine, everything's done...we just wanted to clear the air and clarify everything. It was really a non-issue.

There are 2 sides to that wheel spacer, could have kicked that wheel out using the excuse of a loose wheel (yes I know they had one but I mean changing a spacer to a bigger one) or just replacing one with a bigger but inside the legal limit to keep wheel tight.

One spot.

One. ONE SPOT.

I thought I'd be crushed by someone other than Newman winning, but I'm not fussed about it. Harvick won that one.

I still was hoping that Newman would win to see if the crowd would go into a full scale ragequitting meltdown. But on the bright side, Harvick won the championship. Congrats Kevin.

Being the fairly casual NASCAR follower that I am, watching the odd race now and then, I only found out Harvick hadn't won a title already in the lead up to last night's race, which came as a suprise. He always seemed to be there or thereabouts in most races, so I assumed he must have at least one. Now he does. Of the 4 contenders he seems the most deserving results-wise.

Back