2014 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Jahgee1124, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Jeff Burton has signed with MWR to run part time in the #66 Toyota.

2. Wilbur

Wilbur

One major reason nascar fails weekly! Other series will go back and forth to action vs leader which is nice.

3. Ganon83

Ganon83

Welp, the guy who produced TNT's coverage of NASCAR is now heading NBC's production of NASCAR. God have mercy on our souls come 2015.

4. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

:indiff:

5. RVDNuT374

RVDNuT374

Don't worry fans, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is coming by the end of the decade for NASCAR if they keep this :censored: up! And by this :censored: I mean sub-par television coverage, dismal on-track action, manipulation of races, rules made up on the fly, etc.

6. Dotini

Dotini Premium

I did wonder about that long yellow that helped Dillon and hurt Hornish. Was there any protest or complaint?

Traditionally, NASCAR has been more concerned with "the show" and commercial viability than with issues like sportsmanship and equalized competition. Nowadays, the inclusion of women, Hispanics, blacks and foreigners demonstrates that their horizons have widened for sensible reasons. On the other hand, NASCAR is finally an institution which reflects the values of the larger society. So this means there will be a certain amount of cronyism, nepotism and corruption. NASCAR epitomizes, for better or worse, what we in the Western, neoliberal capitalist world would lionize as "Freedom" and "Success".:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  7. Northstar

Northstar Premium

If IndyCar can last as long as it has, NASCAR will be fine for a long long time.

8. Furi

Furi Premium

[​IMG]

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  9. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Wow the hate is strong in you, it's a wonder how many racing serious survived especially the biggest artificial racing group and that being F1.

10. Chqr

Chqr

Hello Swan Racing.

11. Ganon83

Ganon83

It really is a shame about NBC getting the TNT guy, because I think Burton is going to be an amazing analyst regardless.

12. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Guessing the scheme will even be the one that was leaked, making this the worst kept secret in NASCAR history.

While I love that they are stepping up their game to a 2-car program, I'm not sure their driver selection is the best. Cole and Parker are good drivers, but a veteran probably would have been better than two young drivers with little experience to offer.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if 53 ends up being the number of the car as Bill Romanowski is part owner of the team and wore the #53 throughout his career.

Chqr likes this.
  13. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Rick Allen has just been announced as lead announcer for NBC's coverage starting in 2015.

Now they just need the expert crew chief role filled. 2/3 so far sounds great.

Furinkazen likes this.
  14. Ganon83

Ganon83

Hmm....
    Also, at the same luncheon, pretty classy of them to award the Myers Brothers award to Tony this year. He does so much for so many people without making a loud noise from it, whether it's running the Tony Stewart Foundation, buying Morgan Shepard tires, even constantly showing up at small tracks around the country (And selling out the joint every single time, which is great for the struggling track owners).

15. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

Also from Jayski:
    What? Why the hell not? I guess it doesn't matter if the drivers like the track and it would add some variety into the schedule instead of just another cookie cutter track...:rolleyes:

16. BKGlover

BKGlover

Have you seen Iowa's layout?

[​IMG]

for reference, here's Kansas, Chicagoland, and Vegas

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Wilbur

Wilbur

I see the layout but what are you hinting at? Please tell me not calling it like a cookie cutter since it's based off a bigger Richmond anyway.

18. BKGlover

BKGlover

Me? HELL NO! I hate that term, it's used by mindless sheeple who assume that same shape=same track, unless it's their local track, then the others a crap and theirs is gold. The point was to show that Iowa could fairly easily be related to the tri-oval tracks I showed.

No, I actually know nothing about Iowa aside from the facts Indycar and non-Cup races are run there, ad NASCAR just save it from an immediate shut down. Looking at it, though, I'm seeing four distinct turns as opposed to the two long ones. Am I wrong on that?

EDIT: No, I'm wrong.

19. BKGlover

BKGlover

Championship Banquet is going now.

ADDING: My, lots of low blows going on. I love it.:sly:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  20. KBRacing2488

KBRacing2488

I can't watch it. :dopey: I purchased one of the most expensive packages that my cable provider offered, just for Fox Sports One.... As it turns out, everything is being broadcasted on Fox Sports 2, which I do not have. :):tup: Good job Fox

21. BKGlover

BKGlover

Well, now you aren't missing much. The speeches began and entertainment has been spotty since. Jay Mohr hasn't pulled punches, but the drivers are, predictably, boring and sales-like.

22. Dolph Drago

Dolph Drago

All I'm saying is that it isn't another 1.5 mile tri-oval. Due to it's length, it's more of a short track, making for a completely different kind of race than the others. Not to say all the 1.5 tri-ovals (or quad-ovals) run exactly the same, but NASCAR needs to switch it up and have a track that isn't the same basic layout and length. Right now the schedule consists of four 1.5 mile tri-ovals: Chicagoland, Kansas, Kentucky and Las Vegas, and three 1.5 mile quad-ovals: Atlanta, Charlotte and Texas. The number of .75 mile tri-oval/d-shaped ovals is one: Richmond, which most of the drivers love. Why not make it two? At least then the ratio would be 7:2 instead of 7:1.

23. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

The banquet is on FS1 sometime on Saturday (today) depending on your time zone at the time of this post.

24. BKGlover

BKGlover

Dolph, that I can agree with.

25. Wilbur

Wilbur

It looks like one of the other styles but it's based off Richmond all together from the shape (just longer). It drives alot different than a 1.5 miler and has a different style all too it which is why I like it alot.

Richmond is a great track too! There are a few tracks I always enjoy watching regardless of what car is on it Richmond/Iowa fit that combo.

26. Ganon83

Ganon83

From Jayski
    Looks like Mark Martin has a ride for Daytona.

27. BKGlover

BKGlover

Dammit James! You sold the team and got out, that doesn't mean you can just jump right back in now that you don't own a team. Get out, stay out, how hard is that.

28. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Now if only we could get Bobby Gerherdt to stop messing around.

29. Ganon83

Ganon83

I did predict that it was just a stunt so that he could get a sponsor to bail him out at the 11th hour, so I was.... right? Kind of?

30. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Now it's official. (And I suspect one of these schemes is going to get backlash from a particular segment of fans)

[​IMG]

Furinkazen likes this.