2014 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
How about that, the team he used to drive for finishes right behind him. Holy crap that was crazy.

Bummed Newman didn't get it but give him credit, he picked the perfect time to actually be there when it mattered.

Edit: I just realized that for the second day in a row, we're celebrating a championship from a team that didn't exist until this year.

Meh. Harvick's not my favorite by any means but he drives under my favorite number so...

week-in-review-emma-watson-jelena.gif

How about that, the team he used to drive for finishes right behind him. Holy crap that was crazy.

Bummed Newman didn't get it but give him credit, he picked the perfect time to actually be there when it mattered.

Edit: I just realized that for the second day in a row, we're celebrating a championship from a team that didn't exist until this year.
Actually this #4 team is Newman's old #39! How about that irony!!

Actually this #4 team is Newman's old #39! How about that irony!!

Holy crap, I just realized that. Wow how that just worked out.

And funny enough I find something else ironic: That coke commericial Where they are In the store (The one with the Cutouts), there's three of the chase drivers right there together.

Wow, I think Tony Stewart might have just pulled off the fastest post race dress down ever. You usually have to wait at least four interviews before you find one driver in street clothes.

With all of the ups and downs, I really enjoyed this season. Now on to Abu Dhabi next week before we hit the off-season with little to no racing.

Congrats Harvick!

With all of the ups and downs, I really enjoyed this season. Now on to Abu Dhabi next week before we hit the off-season with little to no racing.

Congrats Harvick!
Yup, then hibernation ensues...

I had picked my three drivers in the beginning (Keselowski, Logano, Hamlin) and ended up with two of them in the end. Really ashamed to see what happened to Joey in the pits but even moreso for the crew member who is going to get the worst of it. Denny was probably stretching those tires to the end and those last few cautions scrubbed all the life off of them on restarts. And Keselowski.... what a horrible year at the end in Phoenix.

I've never liked Kevin at all, and especially had no liking after Texas for walking away with clean hands. But NASCAR has by far lost me for any interest next season unless NBC/SN can turn me back....

I just wonder why Newman didn't punt Kevin into the wall this time..

Holy crap, look at this,

The chase: 4 rounds.
Drivers battling at the final race: 4
Amount of cars of the team that won: 4
The exact car that won: Car #4

2055-ohlawd.jpg

THE IRONY!!! THE EPIC IRONY! Also, its Chevy Manufacturer's championship #...3..4?8? well, either is 4:)

Also, bye bye NASCAR on ESPN. Enjoy the fail compilation afterlife

What would a NASCAR thread be without baseless Conspiracy theories? :D

Meanwhile, I believe as I predicted around March or whenever, Larson has walked away with Rookie of the Year.

And I'm sorta glad this championship wasn't on the same weekend as the F1 Championship, Jenson Button got to watch this and Now Jeff Gordon will get to watch the F1 Finale.

BONEHEAD OF THE SEASON GOES TO DARIAN GRUBB. FANTASTIC JOB

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Funny I thought Childers had blown it for Harvick by going for four tyres instead of two like Newman did. All those late cautions definitely made that decision the right one. Tough luck for Denny, even though I'm not a massive fan of his, felt like he did have the best car of the final four, for most of the race.

Anyway, congrats to Harvick and everyone at SHR. 👍

Back