2014 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
  • 389,766 views
Wow thats a finish!
 
2yynho1.jpg
 
It never fails. :grumpy:
 
I just hate on Clint Bowyer. So Stenhouse spins, Edwards spins and there is no caution, let's throw one for Bowyer who drove off with no issues.
 
There was a caution for Edwards though.

But still, Stenhouse spins, no caution. One lap later and Bowyer loses his car in the same manner and caution.
 
There was a caution for Edwards though.

But still, Stenhouse spins, no caution. One lap later and Bowyer loses his car in the same manner and caution.
Shouldn't have been. And Bowyer spun onto pit road and had the car running! Let's throw a caution for that.
 
Is Goodyear the worst tire company ever?
I thought it was Pirelli but sure this competed for it :lol:
 
There are so many terms I can use to describe Clint Bowyer, but I'm not using them and getting banned.
 
I just hate on Clint Bowyer. So Stenhouse spins, Edwards spins and there is no caution, let's throw one for Bowyer who drove off with no issues.

It's nothing new. Different drivers, different days.

 
Bowyer was sideways in the racing groove. The others had spun down to the apron.
 
It's nothing new. Different drivers, different days.


If that happened today they would have thrown the caution BEFORE the accident :lol:.
 
Never seen a 6 abreast NASCAR start. Ever.
 
Exciting finish, but Chevy on the podium! :D
 
Oh joy Chevy won a podium! Most meaningless statement in NASCAR. Only 3 manufacturers not like there are 10-12 of them.
 
Yes, I know. Its just nice to see Chevy get 2nd or 3rd if not a win. ;)
 
What a shocker. No explanation from NASCAR or Goodyear on what in the world happened out there on the track. Fox didn't even press on the issue.

Cowards.
 
Goodyear said yesterday it was low pressure causing it. Others were reporting that it was excessive camber.

I don't think it was setup related because there were some front lefts blowing out as well. If it was low pressure, the tires would have blown sooner because they would have been compromised sooner.


Also, unrelated to the tires, but this is twice now that Bowyer has spun at the end of a race and screwed Jeff in the process.
 
With the tire issue, I know FOX explained that NASCAR allowed more camber on the rear tires, which put more pressure on the tires. They also said the backstretch surface could have also caused the issues.
Edit: Tree'd by Porsche :lol:
But I see what you mean. Not only the left rears blew out, which would cross camber off the list. So this means something was wrong with that batch of tires probably. Some explaining to do Goodyear......
 
Back