2014 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

I'm with Massa.

If Bottas didn't have the pace to pass him He wouldn't have the pace to pass Jansen.

Great race from Lewis and poor luck for Ricciardo.

WELCOME to RedBull Racing, mr. Daniel Ricciardo.

That's what happen when you overtake their boy on early laps.
And, that's what happen when they use your car as a guinea pig in order to prove a point against FIA.

Welcome to RedBull.

Was anyone watching Sky just then? Did that forklift have on the back of it wong forklift? :lol: Poor Massa though getting almost exactly the same message as in 2010.

Congratulations to Lewis and Mercedes. They are really the team to beat.

Good job by the Caterhams as well.

They did get the German anthem. The first British anthem is for the driver.

How long have you watched F1? Domination by a team in any particular season is normal. Multiple team competing is unusual. (Welcome but still unusual).
I grew up watching McLaren vs Ferrari, Schumacher vs Hakkinen. Yes teams do occasionally dominate but most of the time it's closer. Hopefully the other teams catch up quicker than in 2009 and Brawn.

Why didn't Massa do that previously when he was told the teammate behind him was faster?
Because Ferrari contract was different and Ferrari payment also was different.
14 milion euros are more than enough to listen carefully what they ask you.

And, that's what happen when they use your car as a guinea pig in order to prove a point against FIA.

Welcome to RedBull.

"Hey, Ricciardo is doing too well... let's risk an unsafe release penalty, burn a few thousand dollars on that... then let's break our own car... carbon fiber is cheap, right? That's only a few tens of thousands more... And let's jeopardize our chances at a Constructor's Championship, too. What's a few million dollars, one way or another, right?

I mean, it's much easier than telling our rookie to slow down a teensy bit, on pain of losing his contract..."

I know exactly what to expect, Mercedes winning. It's only new in the car doing the winning and as a neutral it makes no difference to me. I want to see racing.
maybe ure right, but its easy to make yourself believe that someone else will bounce up, with so many cars - even the toro rossos - not being all that bad. And then there is lotus true pace of which we havent seen yet.
To be honest even if Merc continues to dominate it still could be one of the more exciting seasons based on the mid pack battle alone.

Welcome to silly conspiracy theories surrounding your car.
Why only Ricciardo had the same sensor issue again. RB obviously want to prove it's not reliable so they can use their own. Knowing Horner and Newey I would call silly all those that would not even consider this one as a possibility. ;) I'm sorry for Ricciardo but here it is, Mark Webber 2.0.

Why only Ricciardo had the same sensor issue again. RB obviously want to prove it's not reliable so they can use their own. Knowing Horner and Newey I would call silly all those that would not even consider this one as a possibility. ;) I'm sorry for Ricciardo but here it is, Mark Webber 2.0.
I don't consider any team sabotaging their own car on purpose a possibility, no.

You don't know Horner and Newey and you have zero evidence of anything but coincidence and bad luck.

"Hey, Ricciardo is doing too well... let's risk an unsafe release penalty, burn a few thousand dollars on that... then let's break our own car... carbon fiber is cheap, right? That's only a few tens of thousands more... And let's jeopardize our chances at a Constructor's Championship, too. What's a few million dollars, one way or another, right?

I mean, it's much easier than telling our rookie to slow down a teensy bit, on pain of losing his contract..."
You call yourself a F1 expert right? Have you heard Matesichtz and Marko opinion about this fuel thing, and fuel limitations in F1? "It's not good for our marketing" they said.
Well when it's "RedBull gives you wings" and not "Redbull makes you save fuel" they are kind of true from this point of view.

You call yourself a F1 expert right? Have you heard Matesichtz and Marko opinion about this fuel thing, and fuel limitations in F1? "It's not good for our marketing" they said.
Well when it's "RedBull makes you wings" and not "Redbull makes you save fuel" they are kind of true from this point of view.
So now you're changing their slogan to suit your theories?

Well when it's "RedBull makes you wings" and not "Redbull makes you save fuel" they are kind of true from this point of view.

I don't call myself an expert anything. I only watch F1 for the lulz.

I actually wouldn't put it past Red Bull to do all their engine mapping and possibly aerodynamic experiments with Ricciardo, rather than Vettel... against the chance the FIA allow them to ditch the sensor. Of course you're going to do that with your number two driver. Who was possibly only faster in the first race because he was running the more extreme, possibly illegal engine map.

I wouldn't put any mileage into any claim of them purposely sending Ricciardo out with a wonky wheel, because the millions they stand to lose in the Constructor's championship are worth more than keeping their boy Seb happy.

Welcome to RedBull.
*anti-RB circlejerk intensifies*

How does Vettel's failure in Melbourne fit into this little theory of yours?

That a team can favour its number one driver is not unusual, but to deliberately take steps to compromise the reliability of their other car is not worth considering.

I don't believe the pit stop incident was deliberate, but I'm strongly suspicious about Ricciardo's "broken" fuel flow meter, it's like a kid trying to break his own old toy so that he could buy a bigger one.

I don't call myself an expert anything. I only watch F1 for the lulz.

I actually wouldn't put it past Red Bull to do all their engine mapping and possibly aerodynamic experiments with Ricciardo, rather than Vettel... against the chance the FIA allow them to ditch the sensor.

I wouldn't put any mileage into any claim of them purposely sending Ricciardo out with a wonky wheel, because the millions they stand to lose in the Constructor's championship are worth more than keeping their boy Seb happy.
It's happened already, last year with Pirelli tyres. Redbull knows F1 is not only about track it's about politics, and they do their own interests pretty well. They are in F1 for marketing not for 2nd place in constructor championship.
How does Vettel's failure in Melbourne fit into this little theory of yours?
He had an issue with Renault power unit, not the sensor. And they are no longer happy with Renault but that's another story.
I don't believe the pit stop incident was deliberate, but I'm strongly suspicious about Ricciardo's "broken" fuel flow meter, it's like a kid trying to break his own old toy so that he could buy a bigger one.
Exactly.

They did get the German anthem. The first British anthem is for the driver.

How long have you watched F1? Domination by a team in any particular season is normal. Multiple team competing is unusual. (Welcome but still unusual).
I didn't hear anything but the British anthem.

I didn't hear anything but the British anthem.
Are you sure you know what that sounds like? They played the British national anthem then the German one.

But, with the new regulations, I don't see constant battles happening because it would only put teams at risk of running out/going over fuel flow limits.
Toto Wolff said that fuel consumption was not an issue here. They could go flat out (as far as the fuel was concerned) all race.

I also missed the British anthem, but I think it's because I was distracted by Lewis playing around with his hair :lol:

It's happened already, last year with Pirelli tyres. Redbull knows F1 is not only about track it's about politics, and they do their own interests pretty well. They are in F1 for marketing not for 2nd place in constructor championship

Of course Red Bull are playing politics with the Fuel Flow issue. If you'd read the Flowgate-gate thread, you'd see where we're discussing this.

But to suggest they'd need to do anything besides tell Ricciardo to turn down the fuel flow due to some unspecified problem to slow him down (because he was like mad fast, yo, in the first race, due to having the possibly illegal fuel maps that Red Bull just happened to give him)... requires them to be petty enough to throw away millions in money just because they don't like Daniel's face.

Red Bull is just too annoyingly competent for that. You might be thinking about Ferrari. :D

Of course Red Bull are playing politics with the Fuel Flow issue. If you'd read the Flowgate-gate thread, you'd see where we're discussing this.

But to suggest they'd need to do anything besides tell Ricciardo to turn down the fuel flow due to some unspecified problem to slow him down (because he was like mad fast, yo, in the first race, due to having the possibly illegal fuel maps that Red Bull just happened to give him)... requires them to be petty enough to throw away millions in money just because they don't like Daniel's face.

Red Bull is just too annoyingly competent for that. You might be thinking about Ferrari. :D

I see what you did there with that Ferrari comment, oh you sly dog. (For those not aware HKS is a massive Ferrari fan/supporter.)

Back