2014 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

This is suitably ridiculous. I appreciate that qualifying and the race are being run later in the afternoon for the benefit of the big European audiences, but when you're virtually guaranteed to be hit by a downpour at that hour, I'd say you've reached the point of diminishing returns.

Probably be the top of the next hour before it starts. That SLS is swimming. Loads of rivers across the road.

Well, the safety car is not as effective as an F1 car at clearing water. As far as I can see, they could start Quali right now and as long as drivers are careful around T4 and T12, there is no real issue. This is another case of H&S going too far. Yes, I think the half hour delay is justified but now that the rain is easing off, the drainage and heat is clearing the rain suitably!

Well, the safety car is not as effective as an F1 car at clearing water. As far as I can see, they could start Quali right now and as long as drivers are careful around T4 and T12, there is no real issue. This is another case of H&S going too far. Yes, I think the half hour delay is justified but now that the rain is easing off, the drainage and heat is clearing the rain suitably!
The safety car is better at it, not worse, thanks to the weight. F1 cars would still aquaplane and it's just not worth risking crashes beyond driver control to save half an hour.

The safety car is better at it, not worse, thanks to the weight. F1 cars would still aquaplane and it's just not worth risking crashes beyond driver control to save half an hour.

Not really, with the heat from an F1 car, the massive grooves on the tyres and the aerodynamic effect, an F1 car is better than the SLS. Besides, like I said the drivers would be able to drive, albeit with a little difficulty. I've seen dozens of incidents where they've drove in conditions worse that those 10 minutes ago!

Perhaps the delay is because none of the drivers are used to turbos engines, so may slide more in the wet...

East Sussex :D What part?

Sorry, little off topic :D
Just outside Brighton. Moved down from Lancs not long ago.

Watching the BBC coverage, where's Eddie? I miss the colour of his shirts!

And to those discussing saftey car vs f1 car in the wet; David Coulthard was just saying how the floor of the f1 turns it into a surf board as it skims over the water. Pace car wins. Case closed.

Looks like almost inter conditions in places now :lol:

Just outside Brighton. Moved down from Lancs not long ago.

Watching the BBC coverage, where's Eddie? I miss the colour of his shirts!

And to those discussing saftey car vs f1 car in the wet; David Coulthard was just saying how the floor of the f1 turns it into a surf board as it skims over the water. Pace car wins. Case closed.
Hastings :D GT racer?

Looks like almost inter conditions in places now :lol:

Hastings :D GT racer?
Nice. I sort of know a bit of Hastings, I remember going to the West Cliff railway when I was little (my family is all down here (I'm the only northerner apart from my Dad)).
Yeah I play GT. Less so recently.

That's the stuff. Amirite.

nIEdosy.jpg

Back