2014 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

Mercedes both 1.7 up on 3rd, raining and getting heavier. Think that's it sorted already if the rain gets heavier and heavier for Q1.

Mercedes still 1 second faster than everyone else not named Vettel, who is nearly 1.4 above his teammate in the wet.

Vettel could probably take one of the backmarker cars to the top of the grid in the rain.

Oh dear. Sorry Mr Fernandes. At least you got your car on camera for a longer amount of time than it would have otherwise. Silver lining and all that!

Mercedes still 1 second faster than everyone else not named Vettel, who is nearly 1.4 above his teammate in the wet.

Vettel could probably take one of the backmarker cars to the top of the grid in the rain.
Did exactly that for his 1st pole while with Torro Rosso :D

Well, the safety car is not as effective as an F1 car at clearing water. As far as I can see, they could start Quali right now and as long as drivers are careful around T4 and T12, there is no real issue. This is another case of H&S going too far. Yes, I think the half hour delay is justified but now that the rain is easing off, the drainage and heat is clearing the rain suitably!
The problem is the ground clearance of the F1. Once a layer of water fills the gap between the floor and the road, the driver is a passenger. If the F1 had the ground clearance of the SLS, then the downforce/water clearing ability of the F1 car would make super-wet running more possible.

The problem is the ground clearance of the F1. Once a layer of water fills the gap between the floor and the road, the driver is a passenger. If the F1 had the ground clearance of the SLS, then the downforce/water clearing ability of the F1 car would make super-wet running more possible.
However, the increased ride height from the wets should compensate... apart from turn 4 I believe

Debris, I'd imagine - there's a bit of Toro Rosso front wing left on track.

Edit: sequoia'd.

Back