2014 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

how the hell is that kvyats fault.
Overtaking cars on the inside is the overtaking drivers fault now?

The overtaking driver needs to be aware that there is room and also taking in consideration the conditions, it is hard if not impossible for the driver ahead to know he was there. Also DK locked up his car was going in too hot and so on.

Haha, Sorry. I'm an Aerospace Engineer and did projects on racecars, including studies on F1 cars. But hey, I may be wrong! We will never know xD
Fair enough. I assumed at mid to high speed the aero pushing down would negate the added ride-height.

Fair enough. I assumed at mid to high speed the aero pushing down would negate the added ride-height.

It does yes, but the offset on the ride height gives enough to avoid the water. The problem is during undulations it can occasionally bottom out, which is where you have the danger.

The overtaking driver needs to be aware that there is room and also taking in consideration the conditions, it is hard if not impossible for the driver ahead to know he was there. Also DK locked up his car was going in too hot and so on.
Well i agree that there was no need to drive like that in qualifiers, but i disagree that it's somehow Kvyats fault. The narrative would be very different if this was a race with Alonso taking the inside line.

Well i agree that there was no need to drive like that in qualifiers, but i disagree that it's somehow Kvyats fault. The narrative would be very different if this was a race with Alonso taking the inside line.

No it wouldn't it would be just as much his fault, it gets old when people claim favoritism as a reason for a judgement call in F1 to argue some injustice with emotion. Alonso doing the same move would be equally wrong, and when Hamilton did it in Canada some years ago to Jenson it was LH's fault no matter the fact that he was a top tier driver. DK came into too hot you can see both front tires locked up and you can tell he made a choice either to dive the corner or slide into the back of Alonso. Either way he was going to hit.

No it wouldn't it would be just as much his fault, it gets old when people claim favoritism as a reason for a judgement call in F1 to argue some injustice with emotion. Alonso doing the same move would be equally wrong, and when Hamilton did it in Canada some years ago to Jenson it was LH's fault no matter the fact that he was a top tier driver. DK came into too hot you can see both front tires locked up and you can tell he made a choice either to dive the corner or slide into the back of Alonso. Either way he was going to hit.
Are you watching Sky?

I'm going to say it. Alonso seemed to turn in on the slightly out of control Kvyat. Almost like he didn't see him coming.

I'm disappointed because they have a car that could be highly powerful during this season and probably be in the top 3 WCC wise but have hanging issues.

Yep, these Inter gambles were not really needed although a bit understandable since it's unclear the crossover point between the 2 compounds this season.

Are you watching Sky?

I'm watching a couple streams since I've had one of them go out and don't want to miss action, my judgement isn't based on who I'm watching. I hardly see the relevance.

Yep, these Inter gambles were not really needed although a bit understandable since it's unclear the crossover point between the 2 compounds this season.

Yeah I agree it's a bit hard to know but since grip issues have been their problem and they don't have the strongest corner speed or downforce but have good overall drive, they should have copied others.

Anyone know what the yellow LED at the base of the camera on top of the airbox is for? All the cars seem to have one coming down the pitlane. It's not on Kimi's car out on track so is it a pit lane limiter light?

I'm watching a couple streams since I've had one of them go out and don't want to miss action, my judgement isn't based on who I'm watching. I hardly see the relevance.
They analyzed the accident. Bruno timidly said racing accident - the lockup was tiny and only when Kvyat was already on the apex(i.e. caused by Kvyat spotting Alonso driving straight into him), and Hill blamed Alonso outright. So i'll take a WDCs word for it:D

Brundle and Herbert do agree with you tho.

Split views in the McLaren garage. Buttons on inters and Kevin on Wets. Button is a good wet driver is it all about inexperience.

At least we get to watch Bottas work his way through the field again come the race! Would have been nice if they (Williams) qualified higher obviously but hey, it was fun watching him get past everyone after his incident with the wall in Australia.

They analyzed the accident. Bruno timidly said racing accident - the lockup was tiny and only when Kvyat was already on the apex(i.e. caused by Kvyat spotting Alonso driving straight into him), and Hill blamed Alonso outright. So i'll take a WDCs word for it:D

Brundle and Herbert do agree with you tho.

That's great don't have much worth in Bruno, guess it's better than Davidson since he can't properly pass GTE cars without them going off track. Also it's not dry weather the lock up isn't going to be massive the car was sliding through that corner and slammed hard into Alonso.

Hill says a lot of things so that's great I guess, I can see it as an incident in the least but not any where near Alonso's fault you can see the onboard. How was Fernando suppose to see behind him? We saw how big the rooster tail was from Daniil's angle, and Fernando was making the turn as DK made his choice not to run into the back of him but the side. Also Sky showed a similar clip of Fernando doing the same thing to Daniil but backing out because he knew what would happen if he did the same, so that's more proof of who was wrong than Damon Hill.

Back