2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,640 views
Seeing how the DP class still are "ehhh" on their conti-tires and seem to take chug fuel... They may actually have a chance, but just pure endurance. It's a extremely long race. Anything can happen.

Then again, all three factory Mazda's last year got punished by a privateer Porsche Cayman that was built in a shed.
The Mazda's punished themselves IMO
 
So technically SPEED still exists here in Canada, for the 24 hour we were due to get coverage from 2 PM-3 AM and then have it resume again at 7 AM and continue until the finish. Now it looks like they changed it and it'll stop at 9 PM and continue again at 7 AM.. and I don't think since I'm an international viewer that I can access anything online.. It's better than nothing I guess..
 
So technically SPEED still exists here in Canada, for the 24 hour we were due to get coverage from 2 PM-3 AM and then have it resume again at 7 AM and continue until the finish. Now it looks like they changed it and it'll stop at 9 PM and continue again at 7 AM.. and I don't think since I'm an international viewer that I can access anything online.. It's better than nothing I guess..
:mad:
 

Ganassi snookered the field last year with sandbagging and then crying for BOP, so to watch them bitch and moan again this year is hilarious. As if anyone will listen. It's not like they'll last until the night anyway.
 
Seems like this guy will be broadcasting the Conti race later
3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif
Fingers crossed

http://www.justin.tv/nascar49speed
 
Ganassi snookered the field last year with sandbagging and then crying for BOP, so to watch them bitch and moan again this year is hilarious. As if anyone will listen. It's not like they'll last until the night anyway.

Its not Ganassi complaining, its Ford that's doing the complaining as its also Micheal Shank (another guy that likes to run his mouth) running Fords. Not surprised considering they still are a major joke in Sportscar racing (outside the CTSCC) and did that Record attempt months ago just for hype.


I do love how no one is mentioning this part:

In P2, the same has been true from Extreme Speed Motorsports and team co-owner Ed Brown, who has been pushing hard to have some form of concession made prior to the race to ensure the P2 cars are not left behind by their DP counterparts.

The bias is strong here.
 
Conti race just finished, no? Was watching the live timing and the 2.5 hour race just ended like 2 minutes ago.

Yup, but it's being tape delayed and broadcasted on FOX Sports 2 at 6 PM Eastern tonight :)
 
No dice anyway...(from the same article)

IMSA rules boss Scot Elkins met with the media on Friday and revealed that after a day of reviewing data from Thursday's practice and qualifying sessions, no changes will be made to the field heading into tomorrow's race.
 
Yup, but it's being tape delayed and broadcasted on FOX Sports 2 at 6 PM Eastern tonight :)
Ok, well I will spare you guys the result then. I was going to post a tid bit but decided it might spoil it. :p
 
Magnus Racing, I love these guys :lol:

1503386_712927865404979_1006442841_n.jpg

I just wish they had a better livery for their car... big sections of white and grey doesn't do it for me. I think they used to have it in green didn't they (like 2 years ago)?
 
Those guys have a dangerous amount of free time on their hands :lol:
 
Not the best debut for the new Z/28 Camaro..
 
I agree with you @Mac K though you got to look at it as a new and the effort they put into it. It's not the Vett.
 
Watching the FS2 stream, first US race I've seen, I'd forgotten how many ads were on US TV :O

Enjoying the race Tom Kimber-Smith up front, and Bryan Heitkotter's car in 30th in ST class with half an hour left. Oh for proper classes, endurance & AI in GT6.
 
I just wish they had a better livery for their car... big sections of white and grey doesn't do it for me. I think they used to have it in green didn't they (like 2 years ago)?

I like everything except the manufacturer... and the team. The car looks nice.
 
Noticing some GTP members in the chat :lol:
 
Got to admit Conti seem to be GT racecars filled by drivers who think it's BTCC.
 
Who's up at the moment?
 
That was a pointless ending. I swear the pace car slowed up as well to ensure that the race ended under yellow.
 
That was a pointless ending. I swear the pace car slowed up as well to ensure that the race ended under yellow.

BMW + cheque + IMSA = payout :lol: Top 5 for BMW? And they won ST?
 
GS winner #96 excluded and #48 car is given the win.
 
Weather for tomorrows race looks good. Mostly sunny and high/lows of 70/50 Fahrenheit.
 
I really don't like my phone Andrew. I was asking who was up in the field.
 
Back