2015 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

They should bring back grooved slick tires.

They offer less grip and would make it more interesting with the high torque engines

I always held the idea that the Hungaroring was a race that would put me to sleep. These last two years have made me believe that, if a race were to remain on the calendar, it would be Hungary.

Frustrated with Hamilton's mistakes today but a fantastic race.

Hamilton was absolutely rubbish today. He did quite a few brilliant overtakes, but he simply made too many big mistakes.

Then again, he wasn't alone. A lot of terrible wheel to wheel incidents out there. A lot of nice battles where drivers are millimeters away from each other... but offset by too many moments where they're inches deep in each others' bodywork.

And that front wing failure on Hulk's car was damn scary.

Not gonna happen when speed is one of the current issues with F1, and they're...slower, I would imagine. Plus if they make the car twitchier, it means the drivers will take less risks.

well, what an amazing race that was. so much drama and the table turning all the time. As I said to the my gang, that was Jules.

Some wonderful tributes to ‪#‎17JB‬ as well

Hamilton was absolutely rubbish today. He did quite a few brilliant overtakes, but he simply made too many big mistakes.

Although Hamilton made a couple of mistakes, i think he drove like a champion fighting back to take a 21 point lead.

I always held the idea that the Hungaroring was a race that would put me to sleep. These last two years have made me believe that, if a race were to remain on the calendar, it would be Hungary.

Yep. Good thing the renewed the contract this week means the race remains until 2026 then!

Wot, no Mercs (or Merc powered cars) on the podium? This can't be 2015 F1 !!!

Driver Of The Race - Daniel Ricciardo.

Honourable mention - Fernando Alonso.

Clowns of the Race - Both Mercedes driver.

Honourable mention - the inevitable Maldonado.

What a race! Both McLarens in the points, not a Mercedes in sight on the podium and plenty of wheel to wheel action and drama. Pretty much everything we've been wishing and hoping F1 could deliver lately. A bit of a shame Rosberg didn't finish ahead of Hamilton, which would have made the championship all the more interesting.

Throughout the race it looked like he suffered from understeer. A lot.

The first off, he simply outbraked himself. Too ambitious on cold tires. The last contact with Ricciardo, I believe that might have been cold tires, too.

Because in between those incidents, he was the only man matching Vettel's pace mid-race. Typically, Hamilton doesn't suffer from understeer, because his car is set with a more rearward brake bias and a "twitchier" set-up than Nico's.

It's just Lewis either pushing too hard or simply losing his concentration. It's possible from the moment the Ferraris raced off into the distance, his composure flew out the window, got hit by a passing semi, and spent the next two hours in the local emergency room.

From then on, Lewis was driving just a bit too hard to catch up.

Nice to hear an apology over his last incident. Humility becomes him.

-

But he still 🤬 up big time.

Wot, no Mercs (or Merc powered cars) on the podium? This can't be 2015 F1 !!!

Driver Of The Race - Daniel Ricciardo.

Honourable mention - Fernando Alonso.

Clowns of the Race - Both Mercedes driver.

Stewards well known Racer
- the inevitable Maldonado.

FIFY

What a race! Both McLarens in the points, not a Mercedes in sight on the podium and plenty of wheel to wheel action and drama. Pretty much everything we've been wishing and hoping F1 could deliver lately. A bit of a shame Rosberg didn't finish ahead of Hamilton, which would have made the championship all the more interesting.
Rosberg is disappointing, he can't beat even the ferraris

Are there any known post race penalties that could shuffle up the standings?

Screenshot_2015-07-26-16-29-09.png
Screenshot_2015-07-26-16-29-31.png

The first off, he simply outbraked himself. Too ambitious on cold tires. The last contact with Ricciardo, I believe that might have been cold tires, too.

Because in between those incidents, he was the only man matching Vettel's pace mid-race. Typically, Hamilton doesn't suffer from understeer, because his car is set with a more rearward brake bias and a "twitchier" set-up than Nico's.

It's just Lewis either pushing too hard or simply losing his concentration. It's possible from the moment the Ferraris raced off into the distance, his composure flew out the window, got hit by a passing semi, and spent the next two hours in the local emergency room.

This seems to bee Hamiltons biggest weakness as a driver. When hes not in a comfortable lead and stuff starts to happen around him he seems to loose his cool and makes silly mistakes.

They offer less grip and would make it more interesting with the high torque engines
That would be an awful decision.
The cars have to hit a certain speed for being F1 "worthy", but then you want to do this by making mechanical grip more important relative to the aerodynamic grip delta (between clean and dirty air), not the other way round.

Funny how everybody already forgot about William's abysmal performance.

Even worse than what Mercedes did.

Probably because they where hardly mentioned during the race, and we've seen this kind of performance slump from Williams before at Monaco. The Williams cars biggest strength lies in top speed and high speed corners.

I think it's the same case with Williams as it is with McLaren, after a while you get used to the bad performance of a team, but then you're a lot more surprised if they show a great performance.

They knew from the start that this would be one of the most "ill-fitting" tracks of the season for their car. I heard an interview with Bottas before the race where he basically said that he knew they would have a hard time scoring any points at all.

Probably because they where hardly mentioned during the race, and we've seen this kind of performance slump from Williams before at Monaco. The Williams cars biggest strength lies in top speed and high speed corners.
You don't have to tell me this, I'm an expert in slumps.

;)

Back