2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
Wow what a race! A real shame for the US guy, and also for the AUS guy who had the fastest lap.

Does anyone know if they've given it to the Turkish guy who took the win? Or the Mexican who came from last to 2nd?

His car had power problems after lap 4 but he had the lead.

Combined with pole and fastest lap ment 3rd must of been enough.

Really happy for the guy, raced with him in go karts in June this year at Goldcoast.

Been racing with our GT Community Raceonoz since 2013 massive progress since then.

Well, how good is that. As my wife just told me, "All the untapped talent down here that was missed when GT Academy started, everybody wanted it. This is a good thing."

Congratulations!

Can you believe it? I watched the race and thought it was done and dusted so went off to bed, with this morning realising Matt had taken it out. Amazing! Good on him, fantastic job! Australia seems to be so good at making the judges lives hard in the final decision. When will they just bite the bullet and make an Australian specific GT Academy? :D

His car had power problems after lap 4 but he had the lead.

Combined with pole and fastest lap ment 3rd must of been enough.

Really happy for the guy, raced with him in go karts in June this year at Goldcoast.

Been racing with our GT Community Raceonoz since 2013 massive progress since then.

Pole is irrelevant given how it was attained and fastest lap meant nothing for Muggo last year, Congrats to the guy but wow for such a big prize they have a strange way of finding the winner.

I just don't even know what to say.....

Good job Matt.

Seems they learnt from last year and changed the competition and their thinking

Yet another kick in the teeth

Pole is irrelevant given how it was attained and fastest lap meant nothing for Muggo last year, Congrats to the guy but wow for such a big prize they have a strange way of finding the winner.
Well he did get an engine problem while leading, any chance of even attempting to win was taken at that point.

Congrats Matt! Glad to have caught up with you last night and before you left earlier! Cheers mate! Thank you for all the tips youve given me. :)

We got @beau231 as well, he's another Heathen that will go all the way! No pressure :lol:

Here's a novel idea... Our own GT Academy?

I think that was the first time that someone won GT Academy without winning the final race. A little bit suprised because Rob Barf used always to support the winning man. but perhaps also the first time someone had a technical isssue in the final race, so at the end , the dession was not simple.realy amazing...

I think that was the first time that someone won GT Academy without winning the final race. A little bit suprised because Rob Barf used always to support the winning man. but perhaps also the first time someone had a technical isssue in the final race, so at the end , the dession was not simple.realy amazing...
some did say in 2010 the winner didn't win the final race

In 2010 Marco Calvo won the final race, however Jordan Treason and Luca Lorenzini were selected as the winners.

Latest Posts

Back