2016 GT Academy (Details and News)

It's only the public beta that's been cancelled. They've got a working build that was featured in the media event a couple of weeks ago. For the regions with live events this will suffice.

Anyone know if there's any difference between a beta and a demo (ala GT Academy 2010 TT demo)?

GT Academy has been pulled off of the main forum, I think the GT Academy project has died. Or possibly evolved into the competition that awaits us in GT Sport. I look forward to competing against you all, whatever happens. :)

If they don't say anything about gt academy at e3 than it's safe to say it's over. Until then Im going to keep working on my cardio for I still have aways to go until I can fit into a racing suit.

found this on youtube :

I wonder where that came from?
If it's legit we should be hearing from Sony/Nissan soon
I also noticed they are not using the Gta PS3 logo :)

So I did some digging and came up with this..... the person
who posted the video is friends of the director that shot the footage.
The director of the footage is from France and his name is Matthieu Jorrot.
that's all ive got for now.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder where that came from?
If it's legit we should be hearing from Sony/Nissan soon
I also noticed they are not using the Gta PS3 logo :)

So I did some digging and came up with this..... the person
who posted the video is friends of the director that shot the footage.
The director of the footage is from France and his name is Matthieu Jorrot.
that's all ive got for now.

View attachment 552979
that is some solid investigative work man thank you, there might be some hope yet

If they don't say anything about gt academy at e3 than it's safe to say it's over. Until then Im going to keep working on my cardio for I still have aways to go until I can fit into a racing suit.
You and me both haha. still no need to be so pessimistic. when's E3 anyway? did it ever get announced at E3 before?

Yes gt academy has been announced at e3 once back in 2012/2013 when they had demos of gt6 there at e3 to play.

They then had a head to head race off called racers x then after that race on gt6 demo they said there will be demo coming in July for gt academy and for everyone to try out gt6 that was 2013 so well just have to wait and see

Hi guys! Just got some interesting news with the local organizers of GT Academy in the Philippines which i think will also be the same for the entire planet.

Here we go:

The organizers are already in a rush preparing for the launch of GT Academy 2016 in the Philippines they are targeting to launch together with the live events (as we dont have PSN) this month.

A local media source of mine also confirmed that he had already met with Nissan Philippines regarding GT Academy 2016. They indeed have confirmed that it will happen July 2016.

Finally, the most awaited part i would like to share to all is it will be on PS4 running GT Sport beta.

That being said it will be a level playing field for everyone and i think the best drivers would stand out as you wont be able to practice at home. I suggest to those people who will seriously gun it this year to prepare yourselves physically and mentally for the national finals and race camp. If you are naturally quick in the game then your skill in the qualifiers will give you a big advantage! You then need to focus on your overall physical condition to prepare yourself for what lies ahead.

I hope you guys find this post helpful. Looking forward to see the selected people at race camp 2016.

Cheers guys! :)

te?
Hi guys! Just got some interesting news with the local organizers of GT Academy in the Philippines which i think will also be the same for the entire planet.

Here we go:

The organizers are already in a rush preparing for the launch of GT Academy 2016 in the Philippines they are targeting to launch together with the live events (as we dont have PSN) this month.

A local media source of mine also confirmed that he had already met with Nissan Philippines regarding GT Academy 2016. They indeed have confirmed that it will happen July 2016.

Finally, the most awaited part i would like to share to all is it will be on PS4 running GT Sport beta.

That being said it will be a level playing field for everyone and i think the best drivers would stand out as you wont be able to practice at home. I suggest to those people who will seriously gun it this year to prepare yourselves physically and mentally for the national finals and race camp. If you are naturally quick in the game then your skill in the qualifiers will give you a big advantage! You then need to focus on your overall physical condition to prepare yourself for what lies ahead.

I hope you guys find this post helpful. Looking forward to see the selected people at race camp 2016.

Cheers guys! :)
@te? as always it's awesome hearing from you bro thanks for the news. Tho i will say i am a little confused...

See first we're getting news that there will be no GT sport beta world wide yet here we are hearing about a gt sport beta specifically tailored for the live event. my guess is that it will be much like the Playstation Middle east challenge where in September of 2013 we got a competition featuring live events on a beta of gt6

The second thing i'm confused about is what this means to the rest of the world. See Nissan of Egypt held the press conference in early March but aside from that there is no news as to when it will take place this year for us. Maybe they want to keep it under wraps

Finally what does this mean for the piece of news that says that GTA will start in November along side the launch of GT sport. Now I'm just wondering who's right or if they're both right somehow.

Anyways thanks again man always a pleasure getting news from you please keep us posted ;)

Alot of hearsays yes. Those hearsays really would make the community quite in a jitter.

Dont get me wrong, the GT Sport beta is not be released to the public as for what i know GTA Global will provide a CD or a USB with the game to be installed in the PS4 for the live events. As for all of us we arent going to get any kind of beta for ourselves. The GT Sport beta game is only being used in promotional events and live events such as the upcoming GTA 2016.

Sad that we cannot have our copies not until November if the game wont be delayed again which i think it will be LOL.

Cheers! :)

@te? awesome news as always thank you. But it seems like Philipines will be fighting against us (North Africa) so i guess this means that once it gets announced for real i'll have to start another forum thread :D

Theres no fight happening not unless its the last 2 representatives of each country.

So til then its really amongst yourselves to fight it out and reach the top 6 drivers to represent your countries.

Its going to be a long road ahead for those serious drivers who aims to reach race camp.

Il be here to give tips to everyone if in any case you guys need any advise.

Cheers! :)

My butthurt? Are you even serious? Im in an asian LMP3 team, i manage a team of 6 cars for the toyota vios cup and i go butthurt? Look who cried and still has sourgrapes. Please dont be an asshole and making yourself look good while our country was ashamed of having you on board. You werent really part of the Philippine team. You even raised your middle finger in public television what a disgrace.

Last edited:
te?
My butthurt? Are you even serious? Im running in an asian LMP3 and i go butthurt? Look who cried and still has sourgrapes. Please dont be an asshole and making yourself look good while our country was ashamed of having you on board. You werent really part of the Philippine team. You even raised your middle finger in public television what a disgrace.

Your response confirms the sour feelings you had (and still have) from being showed up as a manipulative, crowd pleaser who will gladly talk behind people's backs while putting up a front that you're putting the other person's interests ahead of yours.

You have nerve sharing incomplete and biased news reports from your friends in the media here.

F.Y.I. - A**holes have useless nonsense coming out of their mouths. Let's let the community decide who can be described as one when one of us has a measured approach to discussion while the other speaks like a child in prayer.

LOL! Goodluck on your future endeavors. :)

People in the Philippines even Nissan Philippines know whos who. :)

Cheers!

te?
LOL! Goodluck on your future endeavors. :)

People in the Philippines even Nissan Philippines know whos who. :)

Cheers!

Thanks mate. I hope you and all the involved parties from last year are looking forward to my GT Academy write-up. it's going to be a goodie once it's all nice, polished and ready to see the light of truth for everyone in the community to see.

Go ahead and do a write up it doesnt necessarily mean your write up will be the most legitmate writeup of all. There are videos to prove and there are people who will have more to say about you and your disgusting attitude of shaming our country which all Philippine Media saw during the screening of GT Acacemy 2015 in the Philippines.

Oh and dont forget that Nissan Philippines paid for all stuff you stole in Whittlebury Hall. Including the towels. What a shame really. :)

Anyways goodluck in bringing up your own chair. You can say or write up all you want about me but the entire country knows what the truth is. :)

te?
Go ahead and do a write up it doesnt necessarily mean your write up will be the most legitmate writeup of all. There are videos to prove and there are people who will have more to say about you and your disgusting attitude of shaming our country which all Philippine Media saw during the screening of GT Acacemy 2015 in the Philippines.

Oh and dont forget that Nissan Philippines paid for all stuff you stole in Whittlebury Hall. Including the towels. What a shame really. :)

Anyways goodluck in bringing up your own chair. You can say or write up all you want about me but the entire country knows what the truth is. :)

Haha quit the nonsense mate. You're just confirming my observation of you to the rest of GTPlanet. I know you're scared so you can stop hiding behind all those emoticons and get on with your life instead of trying to save face on a website.

Whoever is in doubt in this comminity can contact Nissan Philippines directly and ask them whats the truth.

No more emoticons and i never hid in any curtain.

Thank you.

te?
Whoever is in doubt in this comminity can contact Nissan Philippines directly and ask them whats the truth.

No more emoticons and i never hid in any curtain.

Thank you.

Sounds like a good idea mate. Tell them to send an invoice for the towels down my way. The Whittlebury Hall embroidery was too hard to resist.

Well guys seems you 2 gotta calm down and need to realize this thread aint the 2016 GT Academy "Philippines" Details and News :dunce:

Moving on the global perspective, this years academy have probably gone too sketchy: different launch dates on different regions, with SEA aiming for the earlier and have their first taste of GTSport in its exclusive/nonpublic beta state(IF and IF they can really borrow such version to polyphony), while other countries are reluctantly deciding to just wait for a stable GTSport release for them to use soon and formally commence their launches to 2017.

I really hope FIA isnt dictating the pace of activities, but it is becoming the case for them to multi-manage a minor rift between the FIA GT License and the NISMO program.

Ergo, Kazunori and polyphony now simply needs to sort the game up in order to avoid the schedule constraints, conflicts, and these speculations~ Now i said it:indiff:

@Ginoong Multo

From the start of it all i was only sharing information to the public without anyone to hit. I was merely giving this community information to GT Academy 2016 not until someone came up and pulling a trigger on me. If youre going to read this thread from page 1 youd understand what im talking about. Im not here to have arguments i am here to help the community specially the drivers who are seriously joining the academy this year. All my posts here except the ones for this "admitted stealer" are all towards helping this community by providing legitimate information and personal advice.

Should everyone see me doing all of it wrong then il gladly keep all the information to myself. All legitimate inside information from Nissan Philippines and internal media sources. All of which are very seperate from speculation and rumors.

Again, Goodluck to everyone joining seriously this year.

Im out.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back