2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorenzo blaming his helmet again. Properly fogged visor.

Interviews with Rossi are the best. Such a character. A lot of riders and drivers can learn so much from him.

Last edited:
9CSzjezB.jpeg

Attachments

• 20150830_151626~2.jpg
    20150830_151626~2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 28
Hope we get more wet race, absolutely perfect job from Rossi.

Next race in Misano, Rossi's home.

Can't wait for it.

Out of the remaining races Misano is where I'd say Rossi is most likely to pick up points over Lorenzo, he has to make all his experience there count because in the dry Lorenzo has looked slightly faster after a bad start to the season.

I'd say out of the remaining races Lorenzo would be favourite at all but 2, Misano and Australia. They use the slightly different tyres down under and Lorenzo doesn't like them. However if we've learned anything this year (or ever) it's that moto gp is unpredictable.

Well then boys and girls, Lorenzo's Yamaha had wings today! I can't say I saw that coming, but it made him go quicker so I'm guessing they might stay.

Rain in San Marino. :D

Rossi is on fire now. Reeling in Lorenzo and Marquez like a madman!

Lorenzo out!! What an incredible race!!

Last edited:
Great Moto3 and MGP races. Jorge is a top class act, but seems like he has lost his edge in the rain/ wet since his Assen crash last year.

I still think JL is an even favourite - in the dry, he is just a touch quicker than Rossi...

Don't forget that Rossi is getting old, he's 36 now, and Lorenzo just 28.

MotoGp will be strange to watch when Rossi retires.

Anyone remember the RS and SR 50 Aprilias from the 90's?

I think Rossi did the right thing by staying out as long as he did
even though bits of rubber was flying off his front tyre.

Yes, it was inevitable that he would lose several places as others were
nine seconds faster per lap at that point on slicks, but his focus rightly lay on
the doings of Lorenzo. That's all Rossi cared about.

In fact in retrospect it might have been a stroke of genius by Rossi to stay out
until Lorenzo pitted because Jorge couldn't handle the pressure of his
out-lap with cold tyres. It looked to me like Jorge tried too hard on that out-lap
and lost the rear in his eagerness to pass Rossi as Rossi entered the pits on the
following lap.

So Rossi took home a safe fifth and extended his lead in the
championship to the equivalent of almost a full race win.

Some screenshots I took from qualifying when Lorenzo was pissed off
at Rossi (is he showing him the finger?).

baz4.jpg

baz3.jpg

baz2.jpg

And Bradley Smith continues to impress. He's a solid rider these days and he's
been in the points every race this year!

Some people said last year he didn't deserve the bike he had but I never agreed with that.
I've always thought Smith was a fighter and a good rider.

Thumbs up to Redding too.

From this;
baz1.jpg

To this;
baz5.jpg

That is mental. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Rossi did the right thing by pitting at a similar time to Lorenzo, if he'd pitted early and all of a sudden the rain came down he would have lost out massively in the championship, I think his focus was on reducing the odds of something going badly wrong in a very unpredictable race.

Last edited:
I found it very ironic that the race Jonathan Rea won the wsbk title was the first race he finished off the podium all year :)
Massive well done to him, he's wiped the floor with everyone this year and I thought it would be a really competitive season. He needs just 52 points from the last 4 races to beat what Doug Poulen would have got in 1991 under the current scoring system (529).

Wore 2 nice replica helmets, Brian Reed and Joey Dunlop.
Both of them F1 World Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back