2016 Nissan Maxima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 306 comments
https://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan...ma-to-debut-at-upcoming-los-angeles-auto-show

maximatop.jpg
That would make an awesome "you know what", next season. Shame. There'd probably be a market for this youthful-looking version, in Australia. Maybe if there were a wagon variant.

Facelift's are every 3 years on schedule. Always been that way.
I know, that is why it's boring. Just saying I wish they would make a sporty/performance version not asking for a hardcore performance car but something like they did with the Sentra SR Turbo/NISMO, the Maxima definitely has the looks for it.

I get the Maxima as a rental about every six months or so; still like it, but there's one annoyance that bothers the crap out of me.

There's a brushed aluminum-like matte finish on the the outer A/C vents which reflects back onto the driver's window and entirely blocks the side mirror. It makes looking in that mirror a distraction which forces a double-take. The glare occurs both day and night, interestingly.

Nissan has killed off the Maxima, for now

After more than four decades and eight generations, the Nissan Maxima will end its run next year. Nissan confirmed to C/D that it will end production of the sedan in mid-2023. Sales have fallen recently, as Nissan only moved 3753 units of the Maxima in the first half of 2022, compared with 78,610 Altimas sold over the same time period.

Another Maxima may still be in the cards, however, as Nissan's official statement says that the company is "prioritizing electric vehicles" and advises us to "stay tuned for future Nissan Maxima news."

Back