2016 Nissan Maxima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 306 comments
A few people on the Maxima forums already upgraded to the new car, and a few new members signed up that had recently purchased. That's a small online community, so I predict good sales right off the bat. How long they will stay good is another question altogether.

Cue Youtube comments stating "CVTs should be gone/removed/etc."
All I am going to say is if you really want them gone or want more choices, the public as a whole needs to let them know. And not by complaining on forums or comment sections either, I mean direct contact with Nissan. ;)

I won't say which model but there's a possibility that a current model may switch back to a regular auto transmission for it's next release in a few years.

All I am going to say is if you really want them gone or want more choices, the public as a whole needs to let them know. And not by complaining on forums or comment sections either, I mean direct contact with Nissan. ;)
Exactly. A YT comment won't really give off a worldwide recognition.

The TFLCar video has some people preferring the TLX over the Maxima (Which I feel wasn't that much of a fair choice, the Infiniti Q50 would've been well met), just because of the CVT deep down in the comments.

Would drive both, but I like how the Maxima has been done, kudos to Nissan.

I won't say which model but there's a possibility that a current model may switch back to a regular auto transmission for it's next release in a few years.
Does the Q50 use a ZF Auto?

Would this Merc DCT be the same trans in the C400?

Well atleast they didn't take Mercs rubbish DCT when they took some engines.
From what I am aware it's the same DCT they have used since the A45 and CLA45 came out, its a terribly calibrated system that shifts slower then a ZF Auto combined with all the jerkyness of a first Generation VW DSG.

From what I am aware it's the same DCT they have used since the A45 and CLA45 came out, its a terribly calibrated system that shifts slower then a ZF Auto combined with all the jerkyness of a first Generation VW DSG.
Ok, because after driving a C400 I agree.

6F769749-3F4F-4EE2-AD85-8F1D82F417C8_zpsadzxmrx1.jpg

Is it just me, or does this car hike up in price pretty quickly once you start adding options?
There's no options just dealer installed accessories. Unless you mean the price jump from one trim level to the next. (S, SV, SL, SR, Platinum)

The D-pillar treatment must be catching, a similar design features on the new Opel/Vauxhall Astra.

Eww. Is that yours? Need to delete that chrome strip below the windows and make it gold.

Eww. Is that yours? Need to delete that chrome strip below the windows and make it gold.
Someone from the Maxima forums, basically the first guy to do more than just purchase one. The lip on the wheels is actually a metallic gold-ish yellow, not gold chrome as it appears.

Yes, that's called gold. Now all the chrome bits need to be gold.

Back