2016 Russian Grand Prix

Quite a coincidence really, because I seem to remember only one race ago there was a certain 4x world champ refusing to accept responsibility for a crash...
Ehm what? If he didn't countersteer in a split of second it was basically the same crash as today.

This time Seb had zero chance to prepare from impact. If you divebomb first turn you might be lucky once eventually, if you do it again you * things up. There you go. Let's not forget Kvyat damaged his team mate and Perez as well.
Ferrari fans being Ferrari fans, really.
Samus being Samus, really.

He misjudged his braking points, it was in no way a divebomb, even though it's still entirely his fault. You're keep on pushing an agenda that Kyviat is a serial dive bomber or purposefully ramming Vettel today like some sort of GT6 player with a super license, when it's completely false.

He made several mistakes today, got rightfully penalised, end of story.

Lewis did dive bombed from DRS + slipstream catch up couple of times on the inside on T1, but he got it clean and overtook on both of them. When it does not work as planned, it would end up in a contact :)

Ehm what? If he didn't countersteer in a split of second it was basically the same crash as today.

No. Vettel had far more than a split second in China...

Screenshot 2016-05-01 at 18.24.18.png

...Only he was distracted by a recovering Raikkonen and got spooked when he didn't see Kvyat. The blame lay with the two Ferrari drivers that day (more Raikkonen than Vettel, in fairness) but Kvyat was essentially blameless. Vettel backtracked on his initial comments attacking Kvyat, because he realised they made him look a bit silly.

This time Seb had zero chance to prepare from impact. If you divebomb first turn you might be lucky once eventually, if you do it again you * things up. There you go. Let's not forget Kvyat damaged his team mate and Perez as well.

If you read what I said, I wasn't blaming Seb in the first crash at all, so I'm not sure why you brought that up. I don't think I'd describe misjudging a braking point by a metre or so from 200mph a "divebomb", either.

Maybe Kvyat will change his view about today's incidents when he time to think about it too - we'll see. Just my opinion, but his demeanour in that interview suggests that he's coping with a lot of pressure at the moment. Which is also a coincidence, because given that Sergio Marchionne was watching over the Ferrari team in China, you could probably say the same of Seb when he made his comments.

I don't think I'd describe misjudging a braking point by a metre or so from 200mph a "divebomb", either.
And you are wrong, since Kvyat took out 3 drivers in a single turn, (Seb, Ricciardo, Perez) misjuddging that braking point.

Oh and about the China crash we just agree to disagree, honestly I have no time to argue that all over again. I just say I agree 100% with Jacques Villeneuve.

And you are wrong, since Kvyat took out 3 drivers in a single turn, (Seb, Ricciardo, Perez) misjuddging that braking point.

It doesn't matter if he wiped out the entire grid. He only misjudged the corner by a tiny margin - we're not talking some Maldonado-esque piece of stupidity here.

I just say I agree 100% with Jacques Villeneuve.

You agree with Villeneuve about anything?

mXyupD1.gif

Oh and about the China crash we just agree to disagree, honestly I have no time to argue that all over again. I just say I agree 100% with Jacques Villeneuve.

So it's 100% Kyvats fault in Shanghai when he was hugging inside line and Vettel turned into him?

Oh wait, Ferrari fanboy, forgot that there is no sense of rationale or fairness here.

@HKS racer Do you know what a divebomb is? An intentional, sometimes recklessmove where you throw your car down the inside of another forcing them to see you in time and yield the place, or crash into you.

Kyviat didn't divebomb anyone, even if he did ruin a few people's races. He slightly misjudged his braking.

Of all the opinions to agree 100% with, you chose Jacques? Ingram I think I have to borrow that picture one second.

mxyupd1-gif.542515

@Furinkazen @GTP_Ingram

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/15434234/no-mercy-vettel-rivals-first-corner-daniil-kvyat

When asked if it could be another issue this weekend, he replied: "No, no... it will be a normal start I guess. I will try to do the best start possible again, and gain as many positions as possible of course. But there will be no mercy for anyone or anything like that. I don't see anything different coming as you reacting by instinct."

"Yeah, it's like a five kilometre straight or something like that! It's not a problem but you can make quite a nice few manoeuvres there so it can be interesting. I think it is one of the longest runs to turn one so it will be interesting to see, of course, and we will do our best."
Of all the opinions to agree 100% with, you chose Jacques?
Yes I do and who are you? Let me guess, yet another random internet expert that thinks to know more than a F1 World Champion.

Last edited:

A divebomb is where you throw your car up the inside to try and get past. Kvyat didn't divebomb Vettel. He just outbraked himself trying to follow Vettel.

@Furinkazen @GTP_Ingram

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/15434234/no-mercy-vettel-rivals-first-corner-daniil-kvyat

When asked if it could be another issue this weekend, he replied: "No, no... it will be a normal start I guess. I will try to do the best start possible again, and gain as many positions as possible of course. But there will be no mercy for anyone or anything like that. I don't see anything different coming as you reacting by instinct."

"Yeah, it's like a five kilometre straight or something like that! It's not a problem but you can make quite a nice few manoeuvres there so it can be interesting. I think it is one of the longest runs to turn one so it will be interesting to see, of course, and we will do our best."

Kyviat talking tough to the press and trying to have a backbone doesn't mean he intentionally rammed Vettel, nor does it change the definition of the term 'divebomb'.

Yes I do and who are you? Let me guess, yet another random internet expert that thinks to know more than a F1 World Champion.

Being an F1 champion isn't some sort of stamp of approval of someone's opinion, no matter the drivel a person decides to say. And Jacques is known a lot more for the ridiculous things he says than anything else these days.

A divebomb is where you throw your car up the inside to try and get past. Kvyat didn't divebomb Vettel. He just outbraked himself trying to follow Vettel.
Ok it was late braking, reckless and pointless late braking but how you explain this: "there will be no mercy for anyone or anything like that. I don't see anything different coming as you reacting by instinct."

Yeah no mercy Ivan Drago vs. Rocky

Kyviat talking tough to the press and trying to have a backbone doesn't mean he intentionally rammed Vettel.
Arguable.
Being an F1 champion isn't some sort of stamp of approval of someone's opinion, no matter the drivel a person decides to say. And Jacques is known a lot more for the ridiculous things he says than anything else these days.
He just said when you take big risks on lap 1 you could be lucky once
but 99% of times you'll mess it up and just look stupid.

I don't see anything ridiculous in here, but who am I to stop your from enjoying your
anonymity internet shield.

Last edited:
Ok it was late braking, reckless and pointless late braking but how you explain this: "there will be no mercy for anyone or anything like that. I don't see anything different coming as you reacting by instinct."

I'm pretty sure he wasn't implying that he hoped to have several crashes and ruin his own race, if that's what you're getting at.

Yeah no mercy Ivan Drago vs. Rocky

Oh. Well now I'm convinced.

@HKS racer You think maybe you're favoring what Jacques says because he's saying what you want to hear? Kyviat didn't even do anything reckless in China, he went for a gap that Vettel now couldn't go into to escape collision with his teammate who closed his space. Vettel just tried to throw blame for a racing incident on Kyviat getting in his way.

But if you don't get that by now, two weeks after it happened, clearly you just don't want to get it and will unconditionally suport anything that berates Kyviat all because he actually ruined Vettel's race today after being blamed, wrongly, for it before. It doesn't make any sense trying to have an argument with you anymore.

Samus being Samus, really.

HKS being HKS with the Ferrari fan bias, anyone that wouldn't care to remember wouldn't even realize how big of a Ferrari supporter you are. Hell what's funny is it was only 2-3 years ago you were posting up Minardi trite about SV using a traction control or EBD due to difference in pitch to other cars. Now that he's at Ferrari you are more than happy to defend him. Even when the two incidents are different.

I've already given my thoughts on this and that Danill was wrong here and could have been wrong last GP because he seems to not know his cars own speed relative to others off the line. And can't actively judge it in real time like his fellow racers. However, that doesn't change how Vettel was still wrong about last GP and supposedly Kvyat making a massive error.

@HKS racer You think maybe you're favoring what Jacques says because he's saying what you want to hear?
No, because I think he is right, you just can't be lucky all the time.
Still waiting for explanation on China being Kyvat's fault.
You are missing the point that Kvyat was lucky because Vettel had enough time to counter steer and avoid contact with Kvyat but couldn't avoid contact with his team mate. That's pure luck on Kvyat side in China but if you're confident to test Lady Luck every damn race on turn 1 well yeah, you'll learn the hard way.

You are missing the point that Kvyat was lucky because Vettel had enough time to counter steer and avoid contact with Kvyat but couldn't avoid contact with his team mate. That's pure luck on Kvyat side in China but if you're confident to test Lady Luck every damn race on turn 1 well yeah, you'll learn the hard way.

Still not his fault!

Still not his fault!
What really means being faulty? Only when you clearly smash into opponents? It's the "no mercy" approach that is arguable expecially in a first turn scenario.

What Vettel tried to explain (and my whole point) is if you approach first corner at that speed chances are you won't be lucky NEXT time because this time I had enough time to save your a** but doing so I took my team mate out of the race (and I blame you for that, because I shouldn't be forced to counter steer in orded to avoid your collision when I'm trying to make the turn).

Kvyat being 22 years old obviously didn't learn the lesson, boasted his young ego on ESPN, attempted a risky manouver again late braking in the hope of finding some room again.. but he didn't.
HKS being HKS with the Ferrari fan bias, anyone that wouldn't care to remember wouldn't even realize how big of a Ferrari supporter you are. Hell what's funny is it was only 2-3 years ago you were posting up Minardi trite about SV using a traction control or EBD due to difference in pitch to other cars.
The only funny thing is you having memory to remember a 3 years ago discussion about a RBR potentially illegal system AND pretending to use it as an argument in a discussion about a racing crash. You Sir, just won the internet.

Oh and by the way since you say I'm a fanboy let me just try doing it properly so you can be happier.
"Hey LMSCorvette yada yada :) did you actaully enjoy WEC Silverstone 6h GT Class? :)"
Better now? :)

Last edited:
And my point is that Kyviat doing absolutely nothing wrong in China, yet being called reckless or risky, because he inconvenienced Vettel, has nothing at all to do with him making a mistake and braking too late, which is a misjudgement, not reckless behaviour, because he inconvenienced Vettel.

But to you, because he inconvenienced Vettel, he was somehow reckless in China and reckless in general, and him not being reckless today, rather sloppy, is his punishment for doing nothing wrong in China and being called reckless by Vettel.

And my point is that Kyviat doing absolutely nothing wrong in China, yet being called reckless or risky, because he inconvenienced Vettel, has nothing at all to do with him making a mistake and braking too late, which is a misjudgement, not reckless behaviour, because he inconvenienced Vettel.

But to you, because he inconvenienced Vettel, he was somehow reckless in China and reckless in general, and him not being reckless today, rather sloppy, is his punishment for doing nothing wrong in China and being called reckless by Vettel.
That's what you love to believe and that's fine for me but I won't waste my time any further with you in this discussion. Have a nice day/evening.

What really means being faulty? Only when you clearly smash into opponents? It's the "no mercy" approach that is arguable expecially in a first turn scenario.

What Vettel tried to explain (and my whole point) is if you approach first corner at that speed chances are you won't be lucky NEXT time because this time I had enough time to save your a** but doing so I took my team mate out of the race (and I blame you for that, because I shouldn't be forced to counter steer in orded to avoid your collision when I'm trying to make the turn).

Kvyat being 22 years old obviously didn't learn the lesson, boasted his young ego on ESPN, attempted a risky manouver again late braking in the hope of finding some room again.. but he didn't.

His ego wasn't boosted by anyone. He was completely, 100% not in the wrong in China. Raikkonen was mostly to blame (he made a mistake, then swerved sharply back onto the circuit into the path of his own team mate), followed by Vettel. Look at the image I posted on the previous page. Kvyat had a gap which had enough room for at least two cars when he overtook the two Ferraris. Any driver on the grid would have done the same.

You keep trying to force upon us an opinion that even Vettel himself has since changed. He doesn't exactly have a spotless reputation when it comes to his race craft either. Remember Istanbul 2010?

It's very patronising to attribute Kvyat's small error in Russia to his age. It's also odd that you don't seem to be as concerned that, just a few cars further back, Perez was completely nailed by Gutierrez. He had both front wheels locked up for at least 20-30 metres before collecting him, so surely he was far more clumsy, reckless and/or dangerous than Kvyat's little nudge?

The only funny thing is you having memory to remember a 3 years ago discussion about a RBR potentially illegal system AND pretending to use it as an argument in a discussion about a racing crash. You Sir, just won the internet.

Oh and by the way since you say I'm a fanboy let me just try doing it properly so you can be happier.
"Hey LMSCorvette yada yada :) did you actaully enjoy WEC Silverstone 6h GT Class? :)"

I remember a lot of discussion because usually the same people who bring up inane crap pedal again and again and again, case in point you here with another "Ferrari's been hindered".

Where did I say you were a fanboy? Get your stuff right or don't bother quoting me, and why deflect on to something unrelated to the conversation when you get pressed on your point of view in the argument at hand. I'm quite happy as it is, just cause I'm get on here and press you about this reasoning you have toward Kvyat in relation to a Ferrari driver, means I'm unhappy? I mean if it makes you feel better about the situation at hand.

Also my point on the irony that you defend SV only after he's at Ferrari where years ago you were trying to find proof he and the team he raced for were cheats and he did nothing of his own merit to win a championship... Yeah I'd say it goes just fine here when trying to prove how you're letting your team fan bias dictate what you're saying. Rather than being impartial on the situation.

When Kyvat smash into his opponent in China?

At 2012 at Le Mans you claimed the ACO were trying to kill people by making faster cars go around people. Darwin Award material.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 you've been mentioned.

Latest Posts

Back