Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not a Fellaini fan either and never wanted him but I concede he is a useful sub for when things get desperate. Also him staying means that he's not playing for any other team against Man Utd and that is a major plus point. :lol:

Some of the PL teams are now back in training for Pre-season including Liverpool and Everton, all of the teams should be back by the end of the week.

The International Champions Cup isn't coming within a reasonable distance from me this year. I think Liverpool are playing in Charlotte, NC but that's just too far for me to go. Summer of 2016's Man City vs. Tottenham game was in Nashville, TN which is only about 90 minutes away from where I live.

Salah has signed a new 5 year deal with Liverpool which contains no release clause.
He will go to one of the big boys next season. Liverpool are a selling club afterall.

Juventus have reportedly offered between €100 and €120 million to Real Madrid for Ronaldo.

Just to throw my hat into the ring as a Napoli fan, I'm genuinely scared - and kind of intrigued - if the deal goes through. On paper, it should bring Juve's domestic domination to another level, or maybe even bring a third Champions League, their first in over 20 years... However, this might also put Serie A on the map again and tempt more rated players to join an Italian side and hopefully bring Serie A to late '80s-early '90s levels of prestige and competitiveness - something which I fear might be too utopic. Then again, this may all just be a ploy for Jorge Mendes to spur Real Madrid into giving CR7 an even richer contract... Who knows.

To be honest, I'd have thought Ronaldo was worth more than that. Juve will make that money back within months just due to merchandise and sponsorship opportunities. Real Madrid can charge a lot more than that for him.

To be honest, I'd have thought Ronaldo was worth more than that. Juve will make that money back within months just due to merchandise and sponsorship opportunities. Real Madrid can charge a lot more than that for him.

He is already 33, and he is at the point in his career that he can't go full throttle every game anymore. There is no doubt that he will bring a lot of money to Juve, but his salary will also be high, as that is his main complaint. Both Neymar and Messi receive more from their clubs. Which is pretty sad on the other hand, because I believe he has them both covered by quite some pennies when it comes to sponsor deals.

Wycombe wanderers release another set of mad goalie kits. These kits are said to make the goalkeeper look bigger, looking to put off strikers and give a slight edge. Wycombe also released these kits last season

Just to throw my hat into the ring as a Napoli fan, I'm genuinely scared - and kind of intrigued - if the deal goes through. On paper, it should bring Juve's domestic domination to another level, or maybe even bring a third Champions League, their first in over 20 years... However, this might also put Serie A on the map again and tempt more rated players to join an Italian side and hopefully bring Serie A to late '80s-early '90s levels of prestige and competitiveness - something which I fear might be too utopic.
Juve's share price went up by over 30% at one point, meaning that the clubs value increased by more than the cost of Ronaldo's transfer fee before they have even made an offer!

Then again, this may all just be a ploy for Jorge Mendes to spur Real Madrid into giving CR7 an even richer contract... Who knows.
💡 I wouldn't be surprised...

I'd say that's backwards thinking from Wycombe and whoever does the research for them. If the goalkeepers are easier to see surely it's easier to avoid them with shots, especially ones done on instinct after just a quick glance at the goalie. Though with the quality of strikers they'll face at their level maybe they'll get away with it, as they may miss the net more trying to avoid them, who knows. :lol:

Also for me if you want to distract the opponent you'd be much better with a kit that'd catch the sun and cause glare, really bright white or silver would do it, although it's a bit desperate to start going down this route in my opinion.

Where does this stop as well, as there's likely many ways you could actually gain an advantage that are not forbidden by the rules, as the rule won't exist as there's never been a need for it. It would be nice if people just got on with playing the game and improving their own play, rather than looking to find short cuts.

The first TV PL game for the upcoming season will be Man United v Leicester on Friday August 10th on Sky

I was just reading that Liverpool put 7 past Chester in the preseason game today. I thought to myself "I wonder what they actually learn when playing a team with such a gulf in level between them" then I looked at some other scorelines and there sure has been some big one.

Screenshot_20180707-171919_FotMob.jpg

I guess the Fenerbache transfer was just him playing hardball. He winds up staying in London after all.

Arsenal sign Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria for £25 million.

Big news in last half hour too as it looks like Ronaldo will join Juventus as it was reported that a deal was agreed....which is £105 million!!!

For a 33 year old that is mad to comprehend!

I think 100 millions are nowhere nere his value but only a couple of clubs can spend that amount of money and most of them are not clubs he would like to move to IMO.

He's a 33yo who's won the last 3 ballon d'or and performing better than 25y olds.

I'm looking forward to see Juve and RM in 2018/19.

Chelsea have agreed to a €40 million move for Daniele Rugani from Juventus at the request of not-yet-officially-manager Sarri. That's almost 40% of the Ronaldo fee back right there.

Chelsea have agreed to a €40 million move for Daniele Rugani from Juventus at the request of not-yet-officially-manager Sarri. That's almost 40% of the Ronaldo fee back right there.

Rugani was one of Sarri's closest associates back in the Empoli days, I'm not surprised he's going there. Shame he didn't follow him to Napoli, though.

Rugani won't be the last to go if Juventus are going to avoid FFP sanctions next year. Sounds like UEFA are trying to set an example with Milan and they are even going after PSG again.

Rugani won't be the last to go if Juventus are going to avoid FFP sanctions next year. Sounds like UEFA are trying to set an example with Milan and they are even going after PSG again.

There have also been talks about Napoli going after Di Maria... Is it too soon to jump in the hype train?

Speaking of Milan, Li Yonghong hasn't found an agreement with other people keen on buying the club, and its ownership is now of Paul Elliott Singer. A last-ditch attempt to save the club considering Li has gone bankrupt in China a few months ago, if you ask me. You know, it's kinda sad to see Milan in such high waters. Let's see if Singer can bring everything back to normal...

Oh don't you worry about that. They already worked out their money laundering/ financial doping strategy well in advance. Selling mediocre players to their puppet satellite clubs for ridiculous fees with buy back clauses. Mandragora to Udinese for 20 mill with 24 mil buy back is so blatantly dodgy. Especially when you add in the fact this mediocre player was called up for Italy last month and made his debut after a mediocre season with his relegated club. Meanwhile Grassi was nowhere to be seen despite having a great season and helping to keep Spal up.

Udinese would never pay 20 mill for a player, much less an average player. They've sold another 2 average players for 20 mill to Sasuolo And 20 mill to Cagliari. Neither of these two clubs would spend that amount on a player. They've sold another dud to Benevento for 5 million. 5 million for a dud after you've just got relegated. All with buyback clauses. That also guarantees those clubs will roll out the red carpets and gift them 6 points next season.

This would not go unnoticed in any other normal league. This club is cancer to football and that family is cancer to Italy. Really wish UEFA would stop this corruption,

Back