2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
Meanwhile, NASCAR is moving to buy up the outstanding shares of ISC in a bid to make both companies into one large organization wholly owned by the France family.

In theory, this will give NASCAR more flexibility with the schedule in 2020 since they won't have to answer to outside shareholders when moving dates around. In reality, I doubt that's the driving motive behind this, but I guess we can only wait and see what happens at this point.

RIP

NASCAR laid off "dozens" of employees today, some are on the competition side. There is a rumor on twitter that race director David Hoots was one of them.

[QUOTE
NASCAR laid off "dozens" of employees today, some are on the competition side. There is a rumor on twitter that race director David Hoots was one of them.[/QUOTE]
This could get interesting

i

Every year, it gets a little bit closer to this...

latest

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/01/30/fox-sports-axes-live-nascar-coverage-in-australia/

I don't watch, but it'll be interesting what goes on with Free To Air programs. Fox Sports are great with ad free live coverage. Sure, paying a premium for programs that used to be free, hurts the pockets a little. Just can't stand ads literally, every 5 minutes.
Nascar on Fox was still full of ads, but at least it was live. Now with the short highlights coverage I'll probably give it a miss altogether, which is a shame because I did enjoy watching the coverage when it was on early on Monday mornings. Foxtel is looking less and less appealing all the time and if it wasn't for the Supercars coverage I'd ditch it.

After racing the Charlotte oval in iRacing, I can only shake my head when thinking about how they turned ones of the best ovals in the world into a rally cross track.

Hate to sound negative, but I'm not watching NASCAR again until they get rid of the stage racing. It's just an excuse to have 3 more cautions a race.

2019 rules reduce Cup cars by 200hp(!) and add a lot of downforce at tracks over one mile. This is thought to keep more cars on the lead lap, but making passing a bit trickier. Kyle Busch is already angry.

2019 rules reduce Cup cars by 200hp(!) and add a lot of downforce at tracks over one mile. This is thought to keep more cars on the lead lap, but making passing a bit trickier. Kyle Busch is already angry.

NASCAR announced that the drivers better watch what they say about the product. If history is accurate it leads to secret fines.

More aerodynamic downforce makes passing harder. Less power means easier turning. This is the total opposite of how to make racing more interesting.

The test at Vegas the past few days proved this right, passing was easy until you got to the lead, when it became impossible. Clean air will be king this year even more than before

Hate to sound negative, but I'm not watching NASCAR again until they get rid of the stage racing. It's just an excuse to have 3 more cautions a race.
I know that I'm in the vast minority around here on this, but I feel that stage racing could work and be interesting. The main issue with it is that instead of being the feature that the series is built around, it's another gimmick that was thrown onto the pile and any interesting things it would bring as far as points or scoring are completely invalidated by the Chase and playoffs requiring drivers to have wins to be relevant.

The fact that they put so much effort into trying to convince people that the points table has any meaning at all anymore just makes it ring even more hollow.

After racing the Charlotte oval in iRacing, I can only shake my head when thinking about how they turned ones of the best ovals in the world into a rally cross track.

They lost me a long time ago. Haven't watched a full race in years. It's just, boring. *shrug*

NASCAR is going to start taking away wins for illegal cars

Oh, this has the potential to be an absolute dumpster fire if they haven't also tightened up their consistency in handing out penalties.

I mean, it's something that needs to happen, but I can't help but doubt that it'll be handled gracefully. Especially when (not if) a popular driver gets dinged with it.

Nice to hear the trainwreck's still ongoing. (Speaking of the aero package, not the illegal car disqualifications) I'm sure they'll still look for a way to blame the dwindling attendances on everything but their own decisions.

To those of you who still consider themselves fans, stay strong, because you may be in for the series' worst year in a long time.

Oh, this has the potential to be an absolute dumpster fire if they haven't also tightened up their consistency in handing out penalties.

I mean, it's something that needs to happen, but I can't help but doubt that it'll be handled gracefully. Especially when (not if) a popular driver gets dinged with it.

Considering most of the infractions are usually only off by a minuscule amount that most people can't actually see, I'd imagine they'll just brush it off in the case of it being a popular driver.

Considering most of the infractions are usually only off by a minuscule amount that most people can't actually see, I'd imagine they'll just brush it off in the case of it being a popular driver.
Until their teammate gets hit for the same thing later and the team owner calls them out on it, you let it go last time but now it's not okay?

Either that or someone runs their mouth on social media about it at some point, and the management bungles their attempt at defusing it. Both are just as likely these days, I would imagine.

Good bleeping Grief!! please tell me this disaster area has to get a transfer spot!
Go Fas Racing has a charter so he's guaranteed a starting spot. This car WILL be in the Daytona 500.

I can't wait! :lol:

Go Fas Racing has a charter so he's guaranteed a starting spot. This car WILL be in the Daytona 500.

I can't wait! :lol:

The better prediction is what lap that wrap gets destroyed. Thinking about lap 75 (IF it even makes it though the Duels)

Good to see Old Spice back though, they haven’t been around for a few years

Latest Posts

Back