2019 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter yellosnake
  • 986 comments
I haven't watched any of it but it makes you think on more of an exciting way to finish the season by a Daytona or Talladega as the final race.
Thoughts on that?

I haven't watched any of it but it makes you think on more of an exciting way to finish the season by a Daytona or Talladega as the final race.
Thoughts on that?
No. Too random. Under the current format, I want a race where the best driver/car combo wins the championship. Not one where the championship is decided by who wrecked out last.

I think everyone in here knows that I’m a Kyle Busch fan. I’ve said before that there are certain points in his career that made it really hard to be a fan. But I was pulling for him today and I am happy. There are problems with this format and I feel like he got the shaft last year. I guess you have to take them however. I stayed off social media all day because I was 3 hours from home and finally watched it. I think the outcome could have been a lot worse.

Busch 1330
Harvick -2
Logano -9
Truex -22
Hamlin -37

The season-long, non-playoff points after 36 races (with stage points). What a snoozefest. No one would be interested in watching that old fashioned trash...

(6th place Keselowski is way off, almost 200 points behind, it had been a 5 driver race for most of the last part of the season.)

(Also Logano entered Homestead as the points leader so if this was for the real championship that team would’ve been trying a lot harder and it would’ve been even closer)

Last edited:
All I'm gonna say is that I'm glad I didn't invest any time in this aside from Darlington. And nothing that needs to change will until it's too late, or at least to me. It seems I'm in the minority anymore when I talk to people, so I accept I may be part of the problem, but the only thing I've seen in the last three years that I found any interest in were the Darlington races, and I'm done with hoping to see anything I might like again from NASCAR.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. This “championship” format always has and always will be utter garbage.

Hey, at least in the lower series someone not in the championship 4 is allowed to race at the front and win, though. In Cup they’re always told to pull over and the make it more dramatic with the contenders at the front.
I find this to be a solid explanation of Sunday, but also a prime "Arrrgggghhhh NASCAR!" moment. I would have loved to see Larson or somebody else race with the leaders all day instead of just "the championship 4".

I find this to be a solid explanation of Sunday, but also a prime "Arrrgggghhhh NASCAR!" moment. I would have loved to see Larson or somebody else race with the leaders all day instead of just "the championship 4".
Do you not think NASCAR let the championship 4 have some leeway with the rules for this race? We had stage racing and staged racing.

Do you not think NASCAR let the championship 4 have some leeway with the rules for this race? We had stage racing and staged racing.
The thought of NASCAR turning off the rules for 4 cars for one race makes my eyes want to roll out of their sockets. Therefore for the sake of my health, I'm just gonna let this season actually end.

NASCAR knows ratings are dying so there is no doubt that they rigged it for the final four, just like they gave their Prince Chase the best car the previous weeks but he is so pathetic that he wrecked the car on back to back weeks. Kind of sad what they will do for ratings. But unless they go back to the roots, NASCAR will continue to die that slow death by becoming WWE on four wheels

The first retirement announcement of many this coming season.

Wonder what the chances are of a NASCAR All-Star entry (Johnson, Gordon, Earnhardt Jr) showing up at the Daytona 24h in the next few years are? Hopefully Jimmie runs Le Mans as well since Gordon never bothered to.

Back