2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments
I don't like 7 at all. First problem
The first round that TCR Australia and the Shannons Motorsport Australia Championships will be seen on Seven will be at Sydney Motorsport Park on March 27-29 next year.
I hope they show the first round on Foxtel, because how else will we see the Grand Prix event? Shannon's TV? YouTube? TCR Australia website? FB? Twitter?

Next problem:
IMG_7234.JPG

Seven are also, undoubtedly, the worst network station for ads. But it’s a good move, the series was never going to get the coverage it needs to expand on SBS.

Seven are also, undoubtedly, the worst network station for ads. But it’s a good move, the series was never going to get the coverage it needs to expand on SBS.
I agree, but I think ARG want to play anything opposite VASC. Just to prove a point.

How is it that the son of a Canadian man has such an ocker accent. It’s something that I’ve always wondered.
Most likely from the kids he grew up with. I watched a doco my first visit here. It was about how the Aussie accent started from kids communicating with one another. Something to that effect.

Knew it! I posted on his account that I hope we get to see him in a TCR car now.

Shame that WAU aren't interested in setting up a TCR program. Mostert and Fullwood (or even Perkins or Luff) in anything would be sweet. Hopefully they do allow Chaz to do about of racing outside of his Supercars and GT commitments.

Shame that WAU aren't interested in setting up a TCR program. Mostert and Fullwood (or even Perkins or Luff) in anything would be sweet. Hopefully they do allow Chaz to do about of racing outside of his Supercars and GT commitments.
Hey, I'd like to see them do a GT4 program. Pretty much in line with what they are selling. ;)

WTCR Sepang update:

Norbert Michelisz sets pole for both qualifying sessions in dominant fashion:

Meanwhile, fellow Hyundai driver Nicky Catsburg receives a 5-place grid penalty for yellow flag infringements:

What a fantastic final. Commiserations to Guerrieri, but congratulations to Michelisz and especially Kristofferson for that stonking drive in VW's final WTCR race as a factory effort!

Back