Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,502 comments
Since my last message mentioning him was inexplicably deleted, I'll just say that I again had the misfortune of being placed with a certain mid-A NA driver, who has some talent but is apparently mentally incapable of being next to another car without attempting to crash into it. He ended up last, despite having the fastest lap, but not without taking out most of the field in the process.

Yup.....I guess we were both in that one. I've been getting dumped into lobbies with him alot as of late. Like you said, it was a bit of a good feeling to know that he started on pole position and ended up last.
Let me guess...the Portuguese dirty boy on his non-banned American account. Still ruining A/S lobbies far and wide with no end in sight. (but please, no naming or shaming).

I did slot 6 in GT2, and had a predictable terrible time. Had a laggy guy mess up my first qualy lap giving me a penalty as I tried to figure out where he was and that ruined my next lap serving the penalty. So started 15/16.

Ran a decent enough race making it up to 9th by mid distance when 8th spun all on his own and decided taking me out as I passed him was the best way to vent his frustrations. That un-did all my good work and I came home P13 for a lousy 13th place. Wasn't expecting much from this one, and it delivered.

Guess what happened in slot 3? Except this time he started in qualifying, so I didn't get a clean lap, started right in front of him, got distracted, and took myself out at T1. Fun times!

Already jumped into practice laps for Saturday and the 919 is meta as expected.

I can’t remember if Interlagos with GR1 was a previous daily or in last year’s Nations but I am not good at doing that regen stuff.

Like the track and the car is a lot of fun. Lapping.,.,

Let me guess...the Portuguese dirty boy on his non-banned American account. Still ruining A/S lobbies far and wide with no end in sight. (but please, no naming or shaming).

LimpingEducatedEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

Yup.....I guess we were both in that one. I've been getting dumped into lobbies with him alot as of late. Like you said, it was a bit of a good feeling to know that he started on pole position and ended up last.
I saw the replay and I'm not sure if they were racing or fighting or WWE smackdown episode including a Vigilante/Revenge action scene in Lap 18

I saw the replay and I'm not sure if they were racing or fighting or WWE smackdown episode including a Vigilante/Revenge action scene in Lap 18

Its just shameful....after I saw the carnage he caused I did punt him off going into T2. At this point its just a moral imperative when he's on track with you.

I'm always afraid of spinning with fast cars, so for the Gr.1 race at Interlagos I was really happy to find there is a FF car. Well, it can't spin, yeah... It also can't take a turn.

I guess I'll use the 919 and hope for the best at turn 9.

Having done some initial practice for Saturday, I'm very nervous considering there's a clear meta. This combo strikes me as being quite VR unfriendly.

The cockpits of most Gr.1 cars are very restrictive and don't lend themselves at all to a circuit like Interlagos. I'm willing to admit my knowledge of real life racing series isn't the greatest but they all scream "I was built for Le Mans and nothing else!" to me. Whilst it appears I can do laps in the right sort of area for my DR range with the 919, I can't do them reliably. The seat is on the left of the cockpit and with the thick car frame and huge wheel arch, I can't really see where I'm going on an anticlockwise circuit! :rolleyes:

I've found a solution - the Mazda LM55 VGT. Much better visibility and the seat is slightly on the right of the cockpit as well which also helps on this track. Added bonus that I've even set my fastest time in it and find I can lap much more consistently with it. But after my nightmare in the SLS yesterday against the Silvias I can't shake the feeling that going off-meta again is going to turn into hell. :nervous:

Having done some initial practice for Saturday, I'm very nervous considering there's a clear meta. This combo strikes me as being quite VR unfriendly.

The cockpits of most Gr.1 cars are very restrictive and don't lend themselves at all to a circuit like Interlagos. I'm willing to admit my knowledge of real life racing series isn't the greatest but they all scream "I was built for Le Mans and nothing else!" to me. Whilst it appears I can do laps in the right sort of area for my DR range with the 919, I can't do them reliably. The seat is on the left of the cockpit and with the thick car frame and huge wheel arch, I can't really see where I'm going on an anticlockwise circuit! :rolleyes:

I've found a solution - the Mazda LM55 VGT. Much better visibility and the seat is slightly on the right of the cockpit as well which also helps on this track. Added bonus that I've even set my fastest time in it and find I can lap much more consistently with it. But after my nightmare in the SLS yesterday against the Silvias I can't shake the feeling that going off-meta again is going to turn into hell. :nervous:
I would've thought the LM55 would be one of the worst ones for visibility since it's basically a concept car with the typical concept car design elements of a tiny greenhouse and oversized wheels.

And yeah you'll be mugged by the 919s. They'll jump you at the start and be too far gone for you to re-pass them by the time you start to gain back on them at the end of the long straights. Also the Mazda probably has worse front tire wear since it's permanently 4WD, while the 919 is only 4WD part of the time.

Last edited:

Not finding 919 bad in VR. Maybe try different height like sit up tall when starting? I’m liking it in vr just stay in a normal position to start though.

Also make sure to set your seated play area while leaning way forward so it gives a better range of motion while leaning into corners. 😁

I finally broke 1:19 tonight so now on to practice lobbies.
So far on custom race the softs lasted 11 laps using first but they were done. Mediums seemed still strong enough at the finish of 25 laps that 2 less lap on softs would have been better.

Oh yeah. Use an increased multiplier to simulate more laps with less time spent. Forgot about that until writing this response lol. 🍻

Probably will skip tomorrow. I don't have a 919 and I have a busy day tomorrow.
I'll look forward to reading about your efforts as usual.

Has anyone tried a S/M strategy vs M for 15 laps in GT2? I haven't had time to practice much and wondering if the pit is worth it or not.

Has anyone tried a S/M strategy vs M for 15 laps in GT2? I haven't had time to practice much and wondering if the pit is worth it or not.
Planning to test this evening, will feedback what I find. Not an inkling at the moment what's best but it would be great if the pitstop was quicker. I benefited hugely in the Fuji round and RBR daily race by finding the gap to essentially time trial the race

Unless they nerf the pitstop length, it will be racing mediums 0 stopper for GT2/GT3. Interlagos traditionally has a long pitlane. GT1 is surely a 1 stopper, softs-softs-mediums is likely only 11-14 sec quicker than softs-mediums. I will test a pitstop, but I think it is at least 20 sec just for changing tires.

Last edited:
Unless they nerf the pitstop length, it will be racing mediums 0 stopper for GT2/GT3. Interlagos traditionally has a long pitlane. GT1 is surely a 1 stopper, softs-softs-mediums is likely only 11-14 sec quicker than softs-mediums. I will test a pitstop, but I think it is at least 20 sec just for changing tires.
I was pretty sure pit time was 30 seconds on my custom practice Race last night.
So yeah unless something changes, probably way too much pit loss in gt2-3

Shame they don’t adjust the GT2/GT3 leagues tyre/fuel multipliers to replicate the GT1 league.
If Interlagos is a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a tyre stop then it just feels a bit like I’m cheated out of a possible great race.

Im not sure what PDs intentions are for these two separate regulations, but are they trying to make the races shorter to keep players from quitting or are they trying to make them a bit easier strategy wise for people in GT2/3?
Super Formula race was a bit easier for GT2/3 then GT1, but if tomorrows race is pointing to a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a 1 stop does that not make it harder for GT2/3? I don’t know what the tyre wear is like between the two but just going if what a few have said on here.

Im not sure what PDs intentions are for these two separate regulations, but are they trying to make the races shorter to keep players from quitting or are they trying to m
I think the idea is to try and get more players into the events, by having them shorter they can offer more slots. This would hopefully increase participation.

I think it's a shame they don't tweak the events to make strategy slightly more relevant as it is in GT1. Fuji shows they can do it

Shame they don’t adjust the GT2/GT3 leagues tyre/fuel multipliers to replicate the GT1 league.
If Interlagos is a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a tyre stop then it just feels a bit like I’m cheated out of a possible great race.

Im not sure what PDs intentions are for these two separate regulations, but are they trying to make the races shorter to keep players from quitting or are they trying to make them a bit easier strategy wise for people in GT2/3?
Super Formula race was a bit easier for GT2/3 then GT1, but if tomorrows race is pointing to a no stop for GT2/3 and GT1 is a 1 stop does that not make it harder for GT2/3? I don’t know what the tyre wear is like between the two but just going if what a few have said on here.
I'm guessing their data shows that higher-rank players have more tolerance for long races. In lower lobbies I imagine the field gets more spread out, people make more mistakes and get more frustrated, etc, so it does make a bit of sense to me. Different multipliers would be good though, I agree...

I think the idea is to try and get more players into the events, by having them shorter they can offer more slots. This would hopefully increase participation.

I think it's a shame they don't tweak the events to make strategy slightly more relevant as it is in GT1. Fuji shows they can do it
I'm guessing their data shows that higher-rank players have more tolerance for long races. In lower lobbies I imagine the field gets more spread out, people make more mistakes and get more frustrated, etc, so it does make a bit of sense to me. Different multipliers would be good though, I agree...
I do agree that shorter races for the GT2/3 people is probably better and keeps people engaged in the race for longer. But after doing a practice race for Nations tomorrow the lower leagues are having a boring no stop, where as GT1 have a 1 stop.

————————

As for Nations at Brazil.

GT1 - 1 stop. Mediums for anything between lap 13-15 and max 12 laps on the softs. I’d say lap 10/11 the softs start to fade a little, where as the mediums don’t really fade. They felt good for me for 15 laps.

GT2 & GT3 - 0 stops - Mediums will go the distance. Pit loss is around 25-30 seconds and you won’t gain that back on the track. 3 laps medium and 12 Softs might work, but overtaking and getting close with the dirty air will be tricky. Track position is key especially in the later stages of the race.

Anyone interested this is a lap from a FP I did mid race. Not A+ speeds, but hopefully help some.
4th gear on the corner exits to stop the rears spinning and also getting the wheels pointing straight activates the hybrid quicker, but more steering angle on some corners can delay the boost which then helps the regen.

Last edited:
Some of my notes:

* Probably a 0 stop on mediums, although the tyres may be hanging on towards the end

* Pit loss 25 seconds

* I ran 1:22s on medium, 21s on softs

* Softs have about 10-11 laps on them

* The wind and dirty air really effects these cars had a 6m/s wind in the lobby and it was chaotic

* Battery deployment you shouldn't have to worry about but in a pinch you should get enough by braking early for juncao ( T12 )

GT2 & GT3 - 0 stops - Mediums will go the distance. Pit loss is around 25-30 seconds and you won’t gain that back on the track. 3 laps medium and 12 Softs might work, but overtaking and getting close with the dirty air will be tricky. Track position is key especially in the later stages of the race.
How exciting! Another no stop, no strategy race. :rolleyes:

I might end up skipping or just do a quick one and done for the heck of it.

I would've thought the LM55 would be one of the worst ones for visibility since it's basically a concept car with the typical concept car design elements of a tiny greenhouse and oversized wheels.

And yeah you'll be mugged by the 919s. They'll jump you at the start and be too far gone for you to re-pass them by the time you start to gain back on them at the end of the long straights. Also the Mazda probably has worse front tire wear since it's permanently 4WD, while the 919 is only 4WD part of the time.
I did some testing out of curiosity, surprisingly I think the LM55's tyre wear is better than the 919! At the very least it's approximately equal. It might be that it suits my driving style more and I'm smoother with it though.

But yeah, I think I'm going to have to just suck it up and go in the 919. I'm acclimatising to it, but it's still very tricky to hit the apex at turn 1 because it's pretty much completely obscured by the car.

4th gear on the corner exits to stop the rears spinning and also getting the wheels pointing straight activates the hybrid quicker, but more steering angle on some corners can delay the boost which then helps the regen.
...and that 4th gear tip managed to shave a few tenths off my personal best in very short order! Legend. 👍

I do agree that shorter races for the GT2/3 people is probably better and keeps people engaged in the race for longer. But after doing a practice race for Nations tomorrow the lower leagues are having a boring no stop, where as GT1 have a 1 stop.

————————

As for Nations at Brazil.

GT1 - 1 stop. Mediums for anything between lap 13-15 and max 12 laps on the softs. I’d say lap 10/11 the softs start to fade a little, where as the mediums don’t really fade. They felt good for me for 15 laps.

Anyone interested this is a lap from a FP I did mid race. Not A+ speeds, but hopefully help some.

Some of my notes:

* Probably a 0 stop on mediums, although the tyres may be hanging on towards the end

* Pit loss 25 seconds

* I ran 1:22s on medium, 21s on softs

* Softs have about 10-11 laps on them

* The wind and dirty air really effects these cars had a 6m/s wind in the lobby and it was chaotic

* Battery deployment you shouldn't have to worry about but in a pinch you should get enough by braking early for juncao ( T12 )
Thank you both for this research.

I'll be in GT3. But when I saw the tire requirements I was under the impression that I would need to make a pit stop.

Looks like it'll be qualifying on softs and race strategy will be no-stop on mediums.

Now if only I can find the pace with the Toyota. It feels very sluggish through the turns. I like this track, but my fastest practice lap right now is about 1:22.xxx on softs.

I'm not sure switching to the Porsche will help. Those front wheel arches are even more obstructive than the GR010's.

The GR010 appeared to be rapid compared to the 919 along the main straight and along the straight into T4. If you can stay close coming into these sections you should be able to overtake without too much difficulty!

@Zorz thanks for the tip about the LM55. It was over a second quicker in practice than anything else, and no worries about hybrid management, so went with that.

GT2, high-ish DR C. Put the Mazda 3rd on the grid with a 21.5. Pole sitter in a 919 was a 20.6, way clear of the rest of us, mostly in Porsches and a few Toyotas.

Went for the mediums no-stop. Up to 2nd after the first couple of laps. The 919 on pole was pulling away at 1 sec a lap, I was holding up the pack behind. Most of the field pitted midway off their initial softs, so I was leading by 5 secs with 5 laps to go. 2nd was the original pole sitter and they were gradually catching me on their fresher tyres. Made a mistake on lap 14, ran wide at turn 2 and picked up a track limit penalty. That pretty much cost me the race. My lead vanished as I struggled on the worn tyres. Thought I had just about enough left but the 919 flew past me out of the final bend. Earlier in the race I'd been passed a couple of times there but the Mazda's superior top speed let me retake the place before turn 1. No chance here with the shorter run to the finish line. I'd panicked anyway when I saw them in the radar and a slide almost totalled us both into the wall, so they won by a second in the end.

Image (8).jpeg

Weakest lobby I've ever been (in spite I'm used to GT3 and this Nations I'm GT2), but I don't care. Good thing, since I'm terrible with Gr.1 cars. We all were C/S drivers, so great.

My main goal: not spinning at the exit of turn 9.

I did warm up using medium tyres because I had read here non stop is the way, so I wasn't used to softs for quali: a simply average lap makes me start P6. I lose a few positions during the first laps, and I spin at the exit of last turn on lap 4. I become P12.

After pit stops I become P3 and realize non stop was indeed the right choice, but my front right tyre is cooking itself. I switch all brake balance to the rear hoping it will help: I barely notice a difference at handling, so why not give it a try?

I have no way to reduce the gap with P2, and I think P4 is gaining on me, but not at an alarming pace. I focus on avoiding spins and manage the gap with P4 while checking my front right tyre.

I cross the line 3rd and realize P2 has a 1 minute penalty. P2 for me! And I kinda achieved my goal of not spinning.

1885ccdb2f267-screenshotUrl.jpg

P.S. I can't understand how "original P2" managed to do the entire race on softs while I struggled so much on mediums.

Compared the last Nations Race, this one I was look forward too. Enjoyed this race, but the driving standards is just shocking. Never experience so much push to pass. Puts me off a little from racing these events a little bit.

GT2 - 11am slot. Car I went with the Porsche 919. Easy to drive I think, plus great cornering speeds (and OP car)

Quali - put a banker lap down which was good for P3 and then the 2nd laps knocked me to P9. On my final lap I managed to 1.20.207 for P5.

Race - mediums no stop. Look after the tyres best you can really for the extra grip towards the end. First few corners all fine and still P5. The in the infield section it all kicked off. Few car ahead had a coming together and a few behind me a coming together, I stayed clear of it all by racing to conditions around me but other just decide if I hit them and get the overtake done then fine. I was involved in 3 push to pass incidents all by drivers from the same country. One driver in the yellow 919, was just push to pass on every driver. Down in P10 on L3 and my race was pretty boring from then on in. Once the mediums got to temperature I felt like I was lapping the cars ahead a lot quicker than them, but I just couldn’t get close enough in the dirty air to make an overtake. Track position in key in this race. L12 & L13 I made two positions and the two drivers who used the pushed to pass method were on softs at the start. Last lap in P8 and the cars ahead upto P3 all struggling for grip. To my luck 2 cars took each other out and another went of the track on the final corner, back up to P5 and that were I finished.
I feel like a P3 was possible today maybe more…but after the poor driving from others I’ll take a P5 for 102 points (best of the season so far)

Retirements - 4 quit the race today

Back