7 to 77 "From Children to adults anyone can participate"

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
That is a VERY similar marketing line from Forza. Makes me wonder if this will have the rewind feature and auto braking.

What other features do you think this will cover?

Untitled.png

There are real kart and baja leagues for 8-12 year olds. Trailer shows a kid in full suit grabbing the wheel.
Kids can be motorsport drivers too, and there are plenty of famous racers that were such.
That's what it means to me and not really about new or increased assists.

The choice of 7 and 77 I just infer as a "joke" about it being the platform for the future, which goes along with "drive the future of motorsport for the next 100 years".

The game is already playable by kids and seniors but it might indicate an enhancement of the driver aids to include things like rewind and autobrake, which would be a good move IMO. The only caveat being that neither one can be used on any official leaderboard of any kind, they should remain "pure" for lack of a better word.

I am sure many people played the GT series since the age of 7 and if they would to implement any features such as the 'rewind' then it would be a disappointment in my opinion as GT is one of the games which does not have them features and that what makes it in a sense unique.

I don't see a connection to anything but the message that the game will be accessible for people with fairly developed and intact sensory systems.

...?? I was under the impression this "7-77" thingy was nothing more than marketing folks twirling their mustaches, or something similar.

Honestly, last night I assumed it was because PDI was hinting "Oh hey this is GT7 but for some reason it's now Sport!! Heeeere's us dropping hints, lololol."

A wider variety of driving aids maybe? Or even more cars from more distintc eras so any player from any age may relate to?

Nah, it must a marketing catch phrase. Only that and nothing else.

I just remembered the "kids prize" (or was it called award?) from gt2 when trying the licenses tests. Lol

How could an optional driving/racing aid that you can turn off or not use disappoint anyone? Are you disappointed that SRF is in the game, a magical, invisible hand that overrides the physics engine? What about the racing line? How about the magical ABS that is more of a stabilizer than ABS? What about putting F1 level qualifying tires on a Vitz? In the end it's a game that is trying to appeal to a very wide audience, so long as you can choose the way you play and rewind isn't available in any competition, I'd wholeheartedly welcome the rewind feature even though I'd never use it.

That's what I said, I can't stop myself from using them. Same with cheats in GTA, can't stop using the damn things.
I know what you mean, I'd have no problem with having a rewind feature in GT but I'd probably end up relying on it too much. It would be nice to have it though, it makes the game more accessible for newcomers to racing games.

If they put rewinding into GT sport, I will probably go ape. No thank you.
Not a single game with rewind, forces you to use rewind. If you don't like it, don't click the rewind button. Or disable it. The games that do allow rewind, actually penalize you for using it. Just because you don't like a feature, does not mean it should be omitted from the game. If you don't like the pause button, don't hit the pause button. :D

The game is already playable by kids and seniors but it might indicate an enhancement of the driver aids to include things like rewind and autobrake, which would be a good move IMO. The only caveat being that neither one can be used on any official leaderboard of any kind, they should remain "pure" for lack of a better word.
I will be so mad if they allow rewinding or srf into official leaderboards... they should even have an ABS 0 league for advanced users.

Just to solidify what many others have said, I have been playing Gran Turismo since age 4.

I always enjoyed it, and played with automatic transmission, Traction control, and ABS up until about age 15/16.

Whatever they implement as far as driver aids would be perfectly fine. It helps ease the younger players in, until they are comfortable to try a more difficult challenge.

And this works in reverse with some elderly folks. Some people who are "up there" in age may not be able to control as well, and will need the assists, but have a desire to try out the latest racing games.

I will be so mad if they allow rewinding or srf into official leaderboards... they should even have an ABS 0 league for advanced users.
No game that I know of allows rewind in the certified leaderboards. So why would GTS? or GT7?

Back