GT Sport Promotional Video Disc from TGS

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GT SPORT DEMO LEAKED? is this a press kit or intended for internal use?
What do you guys reckon?

original image source : https://goo.gl/Q6oG51

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 299
Looks really cheap, to be honest. If it is real, it's likely for internal use, as game demo's don't usually come on disk anymore like they used to in 90's gaming magazines.

I've a few similar looking discs for Gran Turismo 5.

They typically contain rolling trailers and are used in video game stores in Japan.

As with promo discs, they often end up in the hands of employees who sometimes list them for sale.

He seems to have other discs (fifa 17, battlefield 1 etc) up for auction. Whatever the GT Sport disc is, its most probably stolen from Tokyo Game Show.

He seems to have other discs (fifa 17, battlefield 1 etc) up for auction. Whatever the GT Sport disc is, its most probably stolen from Tokyo Game Show.

Stolen is unlikely, what Carl said is more likely. They're given out for promotional purposes but some recipients end up selling them. It happens across the entire media industry, I have hundreds of 'Not for sale' CD music promos.

Stolen is unlikely, what Carl said is more likely. They're given out for promotional purposes but some recipients end up selling them. It happens across the entire media industry, I have hundreds of 'Not for sale' CD music promos.
It s a promotion movie BR, not a demo

I've a few similar looking discs for Gran Turismo 5.

They typically contain rolling trailers and are used in video game stores in Japan.

As with promo discs, they often end up in the hands of employees who sometimes list them for sale.
Could be. But lets wait!:P

It s a promotion movie BR, not a demo

Not sure why you quoted that post specifically but yes, that is my belief as well. In addition to the poorly translated Japanese I feel like they wouldn't continually note it was a Blu-Ray disc if it was a game demo, I think they've done that to highlight it is a Blu-Ray Video disc.

Its a promotional video they have running on display units. Most of the times that stores get demos theyre on blank discs with a pack of them at a time or with a firmware update for the demo units (iirc the gt5 best buy demo was installed on a fw disc that had it.). Floor demos are rarely ever printed on their own.

Not sure why you quoted that post specifically but yes, that is my belief as well. In addition to the poorly translated Japanese I feel like they wouldn't continually note it was a Blu-Ray disc if it was a game demo, I think they've done that to highlight it is a Blu-Ray Video disc.
I quoted cause it s the last comment lol
It s clearly write 'promotion movie' on the disc

I don't think katakana could be considered "clear" for most GTP'ers, but yeah... プロモーションムービー = Promotion Movie

Latest Posts

Back