GT Sport Beta - Update 1.08

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 240 comments
Is this just a discussion for the coming 1.08 update or has it been updated to 1.08???? :confused:

Downloading as we speak

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 297
Servers are down for maintenance, just like the last time : / They'll be done at like midnight my time :lol:

Jerome

Some form of mechanical damage has been added. Crashed my BMW at dragon tail, now have red indicator on engine and right hand front wheel. Car pulls to the left pretty badly too. HUD changed again.

There are now static pit crews in the pit lane. Perhaps in a race they actually animate and the option from the E3 demo appear ?

Last edited:
Since the races are shorter, looks like they set a fast rate for tire wear and fuel consumption. You can really feel a difference after having worn the tires because I was struggling for grip later during a Gr. 3 race at Dragon Trail. Going to be interesting to see how more of the online races play out with the new features.

Tire wear only during the race, too short , only around 15% to 20% of front tires gone end of the race. It seems slower lap times during race due to tire wear on. Same grip from beginning till the end. No need 1st lap to be ° OK. At first view.
EDIT: Laptime during race fall due to full tank.
A bit more than a half tank consumption for the genesis gr3 with 4 laps at dragon trail.

Last edited:
I had few races already with this update and while the damage implementation is not for purists it adds another layer of fun to the races.

Here's what happened to me for example.

I was first on Dragon. Hit the chicane wall, damage to the engine and suspension. I putt the blinkers on, move aside and drive slowly losing 5 positions.

After a while the damage resets and my car is fine and I'm starting to gain on cars in front. 4 laps to go and I'm in 3rd place.

Last lap I overtake the 2nd place car which hits me in the back, we both goes off but he is driving very slowly losing several positions - probably took engine damage during the hit. (if he was giving place it would be just me)

Suspension damage consists of car steering left or right.

Engine damage means less power, erratic revs.

No audiovisual effects. (or I haven't noticed)

Stronger the hit, more severe these effects and I believe longer they last.

Tire wear is accelerated and towards the end of the race I had to brake earlier for corners.

Latest Posts

Back