The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS Just Accidentally Leaked Out - Here's Everything We Know

At this point, Porsche might as well just sell special bottles of light weight Air and charge people 3 grand more... I'm sure it'd be a hot seller

The latest GT3 RS is already a legend, a exceptional car. If only i could own it in Forza 7...

Not a big fan of the decals, but i guess this one will be another record breaking car.

Kinda wish it used an even bigger engine but 513 horsepower out of a 4 liter six is pretty impressive. That's actually slightly more than the 911 RSR.

And I already knew the RS wouldn't offer a manual.

Kinda wish it used an even bigger engine but 513 horsepower out of a 4 liter six is pretty impressive. That's actually slightly more than the 911 RSR.

And I already knew the RS wouldn't offer a manual.

Well, they have to save something for future 911's ;)

Not sure you'd actually need more than 500 bhp for a sports car though. At some point it's better to keep the engine reasonably small to save weight.

Not sure you'd actually need more than 500 bhp for a sports car though. At some point it's better to keep the engine reasonably small to save weight.
And the 4 liter six is already a really impressive engine. But it's never too early to wonder what will be in store for the 992.

What will they think of next!

Yah know. At first I was like, what no manual again? But then I was like, whatever man, I can’t afford the car so why do I care? Also, you can buy a regular 991.2 GT3 with a manual as a no cost option, so if you really need that then get one of those instead for cheaper. Unless, of course you care about those sweet lap times bro then you’re going to want PDK anyways.

The title implies the car breaks. As in, it doesn't last 7 mins around the track. without breaking down Consider using "Breaks Seven Minutes" or "Breaks Seven Minute Barrier".

Hate to be a dick about this but the title made me stop and think.

Well it's possible in the game and possible in real life. I done a lap around the ring with the game car stock in under 7 too and likely close to the lap times. I'm sure the real life car could go faster around the real ring because I've seen players beat my times in their Porsches on gran Turismos sport.

Well it's possible in the game and possible in real life. I done a lap around the ring with the game car stock in under 7 too and likely close to the lap times. I'm sure the real life car could go faster around the real ring because I've seen players beat my times in their Porsches on gran Turismos sport.
Not necessarily. A game will never provide the fear of death which is the one thing that ultimately keeps a driver from pushing his limits at high speeds.

Not necessarily. A game will never provide the fear of death which is the one thing that ultimately keeps a driver from pushing his limits at high speeds.
I agree with this statement 1000% but, having said that, Kevin overdrove his lap.
As I was watching it, I had to wonder if Kevin had moments where he doubted he'd finish the lap himself!

He had to rescue the car at Hocheichen & on the exit, you can see him shake his head as if he knew he stuffed it up.

He understeers & misses the apex at Aremburg, totally ruins the Adenauer Forst section by being at least a car width off line after two armfuls of opposite lock.
He hits kerbs in multiple places such as Metzgesfeld, the exit of the slow 2nd gear hairpin before the run down to Breidscheid & (unbelievably) Mutkurve amongst others.
There's kerbs on a lap of the Nordschleife that you NEVER, EVER intentionally hit.
He's the first I've ever seen hit them & I've watched thousands of real world, professional laps over the years.

In other words, if Kevin cleaned his lap up & drove at 9.9 tenths, I reckon there's a sub 6:55 lap in both him and the car.

Someone hire the fastest race drivers or f1 drivers like Lewis Hamilton to see how fast they can take the Porsche round the nurburgring!

Someone hire the fastest race drivers or f1 drivers like Lewis Hamilton to see how fast they can take the Porsche round the nurburgring!

Being that far away from his day job, I'm not sure a current F1 driver would be the best person for the job. Someone with constant experience of the track would be best for records.

The thing is the times you're seeing are already likely as fast as the cars can go because the drivers being used are well acquainted with the brands. Kevin is a Porsche driver in the FIA and Lars who set the GT2 RS & GT3 times is a factory Porsche driver who races Porsches in the VLN and Carrera Cup. Marco Mapelli who set Lamborghini's times is a racer for the Squadra Corse. Jim Mero is/was the ride engineer for Corvette. Bill Wise, who set the Camaro lap time, is also the ride engineer for that model.

If you wanted something more balanced, you'd have to look towards Horst van Saurma. Christian Gebhardt, or Marc Basseng whose names regular appear for Nurburgring times because they test for Sport Auto/Evo Magazine. The flip side is the cars may not be strung out to their full potential which is exactly what manufacturers want, hence why guys like Kevin, Lars, or Mero are picked because they're heavily involved in the development of the car to begin with and likely have several hours in the car outside of the 'Ring alone to become familiarized with it.

I'm sure if Mercedes wants the 'Ring lap done for Project One, Nico or Lewis will be prime candidates.

VXR
Being that far away from his day job, I'm not sure a current F1 driver would be the best person for the job. Someone with constant experience of the track would be best for records.

I tend to agree. It's unlikely that any current F1 driver has much, if any, experience with the Nordschleife, at least in any meaningful racing way. Secondly it takes a long time to learn the 'ring well, as I'm currently finding out. it's simply not a 3 mile length of carefully smoothed and prepared tarmac with only around 10 or so turns, it's more like a tarmac rally course minus a co driver calling out the corners - and I mean that with no disrespect to the talent of F1 drivers

Basically the discipline of driving an F1 car and the discipline of driving high powered road legal cars are totally different. Drivers of both disciplines demonstrate insane skills, but you just can't uproot a driver from one, place them in the other, and then expect them to do well right off the bat.

You don't need anywhere near 500bhp... I've driven a 991.1GT3 extensively, and it's far too quick to be enjoyable as a road car... god knows what things like 488's and 720's are like... wasted.

As @Scaff and @Famine once said, it is better to have very good grippy tires rather than a lot of power and bad tires. I mean, very good grip and traction in combinaton with a lot of power is more useful than too much power with poor traction.

Problem is the male ego and stupidity.

GT2RS and GT3RS both ran the new MPS Cup2 'R' on their sub 7 mins laps.... Worth 2s at Sachsenring over the old MPS Cups (only a c.90s lap)!

Having said that, that's a proper lap... 100% commitment everywhere :bowdown:

It looked more like a 102% lap to me, Colin McRae style.

Yeah, and he pulled it off - impressively.

With me I'd have been unintentionally reversing into the barrier at a rapid rate of knots within the first couple of corners if I'd pushed at only 75% - and that's giving myself credit where the credit is very much undue.

R3V
The title implies the car breaks. As in, it doesn't last 7 mins around the track. without breaking down Consider using "Breaks Seven Minutes" or "Breaks Seven Minute Barrier".

Hate to be a dick about this but the title made me stop and think.
My Philosophy teacher said one of his old churches had a sign up something to the effect of "Clean and wholesome dancing every night except Sundays"

Lol in both cases we know what is meant but it is funny how a small shift can mean so much.

As @Scaff and @Famine once said, it is better to have very good grippy tires rather than a lot of power and bad tires. I mean, very good grip and traction in combinaton with a lot of power is more useful than too much power with poor traction.

Problem is the male ego and stupidity.

I'm sure Sabine would argue it's not just a male thing.

Further, while I agree that grip and adequate power is the best combo, let's face it, making less grip and way more power work properly is an awesome accomplishment, I think we all remember the Yellowbird lap that leaves everyone in awe.

That said, this was one heck of an accomplishment, from what I understand the day had 4 sub-7 minute laps. It's crazy to think how far we've come in 10 years.

I'm sure Sabine would argue it's not just a male thing.

Further, while I agree that grip and adequate power is the best combo, let's face it, making less grip and way more power work properly is an awesome accomplishment, I think we all remember the Yellowbird lap that leaves everyone in awe.

That said, this was one heck of an accomplishment, from what I understand the day had 4 sub-7 minute laps. It's crazy to think how far we've come in 10 years.

Good old Sideways Stephan in his (fashionable for the time) white socks and loafers.

I'm sure if Mercedes wants the 'Ring lap done for Project One, Nico or Lewis will be prime candidates.

I'm 110% sure that job would fall in the hands of one of their GT/DTM drivers. F1 guys tend to be contractually obliged to drive only the F1 cars, these days. Well, save for a few exceptions like Fernando.

Back