"Something Big" is Happening With Assetto Corsa on February 21

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe-dogs
  • 120 comments
  • 18,557 views
Messages
71
Norway
Norway
Messages
watery tea cup
https://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

27752152_2322325327793772_2925249842467987739_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's safe to say the save the date and the ultimate edition are two different things. There's no reason for there to be a week-long delay between the Twitter UE announcement (which releases in April) and the countdown timer.
 
So is is just me or is the counter not matching with the stated 1500 CET kickoff?

It's counting down to 1400 EST for me.
 
I have low expectations = no disappointment.

If it is eSport announcement, would I be able to participate at some level? Would it be global to all players?

If it is AC2 announcement, I don’t anticipate it releasing any time soon. Plus I don’t plan on day 1 purchase.

I would only be excited if the announcement is AC v1.16 jumping to v2.0 with improved UI, added features, and more DLC. But how likely will that happen?
 
Another thing to keep in mind: work on the PC version of Assetto stopped one month ago.
https://steamdb.info/app/244210/history/

That makes me think It's something that 1. Didn't require any work on the current AC structure or 2. Will be based on a separate game (and I'm leaning towards this).
 
I have almost no doubt this will be the announcement of a sequel. Work on AC1 is pretty much done, this being further enforced by the incoming release of an Ultimate Edition. What I'd like to see is, at least, a teaser trailer of sorts.
 
This is going to be an announcement for some sort of GT Sport competitor, at least that's what I'm guessing.
 
I wouldn't be surprised to see them make more then 1 announcement.

Something to say they have some new E-Sport League on the horizon and a new game.

They have all of that Digital Bros money coming in now that they have been acquired :eek:.

I can't wait :).
 
Last edited:
Well, it's the day before Ferrari launches their 2018 F1 car. Perhaps a preview?
 
High chance of AC2 coming out than GTR3.

Where the hell is GTR3 anyway?
 
Last edited:
Well, it's the day before Ferrari launches their 2018 F1 car. Perhaps a preview?

I would be shocked if any F1 team let their current car be in a game prior to them doing major updates to their car. That's why the F1 game doesn't hit shelves until after the season is half-over.
 
I would be shocked if any F1 team let their current car be in a game prior to them doing major updates to their car. That's why the F1 game doesn't hit shelves until after the season is half-over.

Maybe Ferrari prefers Kunos than Codies.
 
Maybe Ferrari prefers Kunos than Codies.

They very well might. But their preference of not having everyone else seeing their playbook while it's still in use probably trumps both. :sly:
 
In a perfect world (albeit my own)...

-Extra Rally Cars
-Official laser scanned rally stages
-New surface types & tyres
-Trucks
-12+ missing manufacturers
-Day to night
-Rain
-Better console performance (I own PC & console versions), inc options to disable certain gfx features
-WTCR content announcement
-12 new tracks, one a month for a year

^^All of that for Assetto Corsa, as a paid update - to enable them to update the current engine and future proof their tech in readiness for AC2, which lands in 2021

PLUS

Steam Early Access for AC2, with first release starting 28th Feb 2018, priced at £49.99 / $49.99 / e54.99 so that we can pay Aston, Bugatti, Monaco etc what they want, so we can make AC2 a more complete package and compete with other modern sims...

Sadly, I don't believe in Santa, so my actual expectation is...

-Something e-sport related, that sadly I'd not choose to financially support if given the option
-Tuning of the current AC game engine to allow a skateboard simulator to launch on Blackberry OS
 
One BIG thing assetto corsa can do is fix there broken Chase Cam :( You know its bad when burnout has a better chase cam
 
AC2 announcement I would think. Makes perfect sense shortly after announcing the Ultimate Edition and that free Laguna Seca DLC was to say thanks to the fans, makes sense as well that this was the final DLC for AC1.

I highly doubt this would be an esports announcement, we don't need that much fanfare for something so trivial. :)
 
Back