Thrustmaster BT LED Display Review

Reminds me of how expensive the shifter is as a separate add on.

Both of these items almost cost as much as a T150 with pedal set included!

Can anybody help me spell; "overpriced"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did look at this a while ago and decided it was overpriced and unnecessary junk.

When playing PCARS2 or Assetto Corsa I use an old Android tablet and free (yes FREE!) app that gives me exactly this. You also can use a smart phone either Android or Apple and did mention the FREE apps available.

DO NOT bother to buy this Thrustmaster toy just check out your app store.

Or if you are too lazy have a look at this example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swatterco.assettocorsa&hl=en_AU Do your own research and save your money.

Personally I use Sim Dashboard Free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.stryder_it.simdashboard&hl=en_AU

Also i Should add *IF* you do pay a very small fee for the full app you get a lot more customisation.

Existing free apps or not, I really like mine. Yes, the price could probably be lower, but I’ll get my money’s worth.

Existing free apps or not, I really like mine. Yes, the price could probably be lower, but I’ll get my money’s worth.

I agree. Free or even paid apps cant replace reall LED's. The LEDs are incredibly bright and a lot to immersion. I tried these free apps, but I just cant see the phonescreen in my peripheral view.

I'm looking at the PS4 and doesn't have BT so how is the BT connection made?
Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices

20180723062008.jpg

I bought it and returned it.

The brightness is too bright and it does not save its settings.

Very limited list of supported games. And that will remain an issue as both Thrustmaster and the game developer need to be on the same boat.

No Assetto Corsa, no Dirt Rally support, and probably never will be supported.

I bought it and returned it.

The brightness is too bright and it does not save its settings.

Very limited list of supported games. And that will remain an issue as both Thrustmaster and the game developer need to be on the same boat.

No Assetto Corsa, no Dirt Rally support, and probably never will be supported.
Why will it remain an issue? Both the games you've listed are no longer supported at all, so it stands to reason they won't be compatible with any new products. Moving forward though, I'd expect most, if not all, newly released sim style racing games to have compatibility.

eg. Dirt Rally (2015) isn't supported, but the sequel Dirt 4 (2017) is.

Why will it remain an issue? Both the games you've listed are no longer supported at all, so it stands to reason they won't be compatible with any new products. Moving forward though, I'd expect most, if not all, newly released sim style racing games to have compatibility.

eg. Dirt Rally (2015) isn't supported, but the sequel Dirt 4 (2017) is.

Because I and probably many others prefer Dirt Rally over Dirt 4? Same can be said about any other title. The list of supported titles is and will remain small. If that's not an issue for you, fine. But for me it is.

Because I and probably many others prefer Dirt Rally over Dirt 4? Same can be said about any other title. The list of supported titles is and will remain small. If that's not an issue for you, fine. But for me it is.
It has nothing to do with personal preferences, it's because those games you mentioned are no longer supported by their developers. Once development stops, so does all support and no more peripheral support is added. Of course the list of titles supported will remain relatively small in the overall gaming marketplace, but the same can be said for any sim racing equipment... it's a niche market.

But as I said...
Moving forward though, I'd expect most, if not all, newly released sim style racing games to have compatibility.

Assetto Corsa was in its last stages being supported, during the introduction of the BTLed.

Thrustmaster is way too depended on gamedevs to implement the BTLed.

As a customer it has all to do with personal preferences.

PC2 support for the BTled has been flawed for a couple of months. The blue leds did not work. It has been patched luckily , but being on ps4 that takes quite some time.

Assetto Corsa was in its last stages being supported, during the introduction of the BTLed.
Yeah, the very very last stages (1 month???). I don't think peripherals for PS4 only would be high on their to do list and the patch had probably already been submitted. More a case of here's the Ultimate Edition+patch, seeya.
Thrustmaster is way too depended on gamedevs to implement the BTLed.
All peripheral manufacturers are dependent on game devs for support of their products.
As a customer it has all to do with personal preferences.
So because you prefer Dirt Rally to Dirt 4 it should be supported? I understand a lot of people prefer Dirt Rally (I do too) and would rather have it supported but it still doesn't change the fact it wasn't being supported by Codies any more. Sometimes it's better to hold off buying new products till you get the full details (like I'm trying to do with the new PS4 Podium Wheel :drool:)
PC2 support for the BTled has been flawed for a couple of months. The blue leds did not work. It has been patched luckily , but being on ps4 that takes quite some time.
Isn't that SMS's issue? And isn't that pretty standard these days for all game devs??? Fix one thing, but break two :crazy: :lol:

For all the things that you say, I have to say yes. But those yes answers does not mean I agree with any of you are saying.

I have an old car. Still the old car is supported on today's roads.

I have a Logitech G25. Still that G25 is supported in today's games.

For all the things that you say, I have to say yes. But those yes answers does not mean I agree with any of you are saying.

I have an old car. Still the old car is supported on today's roads.

I have a Logitech G25. Still that G25 is supported in today's games.

Technically the G25 isnt supported by Dirt Rally on the PS4.

If a Dirt Rally 2 ever comes out it will probably supported. Are they working on that?

Technically the G25 isnt supported by Dirt Rally on the PS4.
Agreed, but technically it isn't supported for any PS4 game, and being that the BT LED Display is PS4 only, that's what I've used as the base line.

If a Dirt Rally 2 ever comes out it will probably supported. Are they working on that?
Only on PC ;)

Edited to add: I really think Thrustmaster has dropped the ball making the BT LED PS4 exclusive :boggled:

Last edited:
I know, but still.... this is the consequence of bringing something to market where you are totally dependent on the devs to implement it.

shame really.

I agree. Can’t understand why PD wouldn’t implement compatibility unless they’re too busy doing other things right now.

Back