7 Gears?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by Lamrock, Jul 31, 2006.

1. TMM

TMM

Is that for GT1 or GT2?

2. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

GT2, I don't recall it in GT1.

3. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

The GTO LM was the Mitsubishi special model in GT1. It was available for purchase in yellow or grayish silver.

The GT2 version was a prize. White or turquoise according to my records, and prize for the Laguna Seca 200. Except that in the North American game it was labelled as the 3000GT LM.

However when you raced that race you got a random model prize car, and usually you (well, I) won the Celica Rally Car.

http://www.granturismox.net/vb/showthread.php?t=1315 says only two colours (white and "aqua")...

I have a vague memory it was available in yellow too, but perhaps that was just speculation. (A "Buy any car code" would have revealed the colours).

4. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I stand corrected, That's the car! It was one of my favorites for a long time because of the Tranny, Thanks Sport!

5. IH8GWB

IH8GWB (Banned)

the GTO LM((3000GT LM in GT2)the one for 500,000Cr)

has 7 gears

6. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I think we cleared this up already, thanx.

7. Burnsy

Burnsy

the supra and gto race cars in GT1 have 7 speed transmissions

8. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Okay, so far Sakiale, Sport Wagon, HYBRIDLVR, and myself have figured this out already. But thanx for your input.

9. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Pleo, GTO LM and A Special Supra all have the 7Speed Tranny, I like the Pleo best because of it's close ratio gears.

10. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

No Pleo in GT1 . . .

11. Michael88

Michael88

I'am pretty shure that the yellow/green racing Mitsubishi GTO had 7 gears. :dopey:

12. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

'kay, let's repeat the same information over again, just in case anyone missed it. And then let's repeat it again. Seriously, you're like the 3rd person in a row who seems to have totally missed the discussion on pages 1 and 2.

13. Michael88

Michael88

Oh Iam so sorry, .......NOT.

14. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Cars with 7 gears...

My information at
    http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/gt1stats
    gives:
    • Toyota [R]Castrol Supra GT (special model)
    • Toyota [R]Castrol Supra GT (prize)
    • Mitsubishi,[R]GTO LM Edition (special model)
    • Dodge [R]Viper GTS-R (prize)

To this we must add at least the
    • Dodge Viper GTS-R
    • Dodge Viper RT/10
    when they get semi or full-racing transmission. (The semi-racing transmission is not adjustable, but I believe the fixed ratios are displayed in the same chart).

Including the Vipers, there are apparently 16 cars which come with a 6-speed stock, and take upgrades. I don't know if anyone anywhere ever listed how many gears you end up with for each of those cars when you upgraded. IIRC, a few cars had more gears in their semi-racing transmission than in their racing transmission.

Here are the upgradeable cars which come with 6 speeds stock.
    • Toyota Supra SZ-R
    • Toyota Supra RZ
    • Toyota Supra '95 SZ-R
    • Toyota Supra '95 RZ
    • Toyota TRD 3000GT (prize)
    • Toyota Supra RZ (prize)
    • Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo
    • Mitsubishi GTO '95 Twin Turbo
    • Mitsubishi GTO '95 MR
    • Honda/Acura NSX Type S Zero
    • Honda/Acura NSX Type S
    • Honda/Acura NSX
    • Dodge Viper RT/10
    • Dodge Viper GTS
    • Chevrolet Corvette '96 Grand Sport
    • Chevrolet Corvette '96 Coupe

...Apparently the NSX Type S Zero gets 7 speeds in semi-racing (aka "sports"?) transmission, but reverts to 6 speeds with racing (fully-customizable) transmission.

15. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Well you flamed me awhile back in GT4 for no reason, at least i have a valid point M88. :indiff: It's like that Fedex kinkos commercial where the employee makes a suggestion then the boss says the exact same thing. I don't see the point in repeating the same info over and over. Anyways, i accept your non-apology.

....and it looks as though Sportwagon has set the record straight.

16. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I was just stating where the 7Speeds are located in GT1 and GT2.

17. Mr Fox

Mr Fox

The NSX TypeSzero

First switch the gear ratio to "Super close" this will switch the gears from 6 to 7, only use this close ratio setting on very "tight" courses, you will rarely get to seventh but whats important is that the lower gears are set closer together, you will be able to maintain higher revs keeping the engine in the power band during very tight cornering and chicanes, as the revs wont drop down as much compared to using only 6 gears set further apart, or being forced to go down to 2nd gear or even first.

so you will be able to keep and maintain engine revs slightly higher in the power band far more easliy, this gives you far greater control of the engine, as well as not been forced to choose between keeping the car in say 3rd at low revs, or dumping it into 2nd and seeing the revs scream away whilst the tyres spin losing traction as your sometimes forced into when using only 6 gears.

also it makes accelerating slightly faster, esspecially out of very tight slow bends were its very hard to maintain sufficiant momentum for a fast exit, a perfect coarse for using "Super close" gear sttings with the TypeSzero is SS Route 11. (use "racing support" gear option for, grand vally, mountain trail, Stage 5)

18. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

++Neat

Sometime "someone" should chart all the semi-racing and racing gear counts.
    Starting with the cars with 6 speeds stock, at least.

19. C64

C64

hey guys,

There are two cars that have 7 gears. they are the Mitsubishi GTO LM Edition found in the special cars section of Mitsubishi. And the Viper GTS-R which you hav to win in a race.

However, if you buy a car that has 6 gears stock you can fit it with a super-close gearbox that gives you 7 gears but are unable to adjust them. stick with the full custom 6 speed cos you can adjust the gears and you lose too much time changing gears with 7 gears.

Hope that helps. Opt out.

20. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I have no problem chainging gears in my 7speeds, I have them in all my cars on 2 memory cards, They get into the powerband quickly and slow the car down fast when stopping because of the racials, I would have to disagree!

21. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah and i never had any problem just slapping a super-close gearbox in a Viper and then ignoring 7th gear, i won plenty of races with this setup. Remember: every time you shift gears, you lose a bit of speed, and if you're shifting 7 gears rather than 6, it may not seem like alot, but think of all the times you'll need to shift as you go around a circuit like Route 11 or Grand Valley! All that represents lost time. Only in a car with a narrow powerband is it really necessary to have 6 or 7 speeds and use them all.

Also, i rarely use 1st gear matter of fact. I only use it to engine-brake in super-tight corners. So for most racing, i'm really only using 4 or 5 gears (sometimes 3) depending where and what car and stuff.

22. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

I agree, But some of these cars work so much better when kept in the powerband, The 7 speed tranny helps to keep it right there! When there's even a lost of say 7 MPH the car drops a gear and is still up high on the Tach, I've just gotten so use of tuning this way, I drive using automatics 90% of the time and all with Hi torque shifting 7speeds, It's amazing!

23. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yah i know it's amazing, but it must be truely bizarre to drive 7-speed cars all the time as you say. i would get bored...i like sticking to real-life a bit more. You know all that though; as usual i'm just repeating myself

...in GT2 i even ‘pretend’ my muscle cars are mostly all 4-speeds after i put a racing tranny in. It's just more realistic, the only cars with 5-speeds back in the day were from Europe or Japan. Whatever tho. :indiff:

I don't know why...i just wish you woudl see the beauty of these games even with their limitations. I know you create some wild hybrids, but at some point...ah...i give up :headbang: You got your game i got mines.

24. HYBRIDLVR

HYBRIDLVR

Fianlly, A white flag! I will never pound on anyone who plays there game the way they want to, You stayed on me for so long! It's all fun though, PB, Once you make a half way decent Hybrid of say only 700HP, It's hard to go back to cars that don't handle well, Or seriously Whole shot off the line, Or stick the track or can go into a race with half the HP as other cars and out handle them and win, If you tried a decent one you wouldn't knock it so bad, I bet that mustang in your avatar has alteast one mod on it?????? Say it ain't so!------------)

25. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Crager wheels on the Mustang but other than that it was all stock or remanufactured. It cost me plenty just to get that car painted (almost 2 grand), rustproofed ($250), and put a remaned tranny in. I miss that car. The hood was so long the first time i drove it i felt like i was in a motorboat. The steering felt vague with about an inch of play...but get it over 40 mph and it all made sense!

Well i'm glad you see the humor in our discussions...i mean no harm, it's just that i dont' get it. But i definately see how you've raised the bar for hybrids.

26. Sakiale

Sakiale (Banned)

Hey, where do you win the prize cars with 7 gears? Whats the difference between the prize Supra and the special model?

27. Jyris Clipton

Jyris Clipton

In GT1 the special car of nissan have 7 gears i think it's 8 but i play that game 4 years ago i don't remeber right

If anyone know a emulator for playstation please mensage me Rogerinho_11@hotmail.com

28. Famine

Famine Administrator

Nope. This post below is correct, and was correct when it was posted 3 months ago:

If you "don't remember right" it might be an idea not to give out information until you're sure it's correct. Bad information isn't actually information.

Incidentally, welcome to GTPlanet. Cast your eye around the site and you'll find lots of information which IS correct.

As for your request for an emulator, emulation is technically software piracy so is not discussed on this site. However, I understand your situation and you'll probably find some members who CAN help you, if you look around. That said, you can buy a PS1 for about £10, and PS1 games will run on PS2s (if you have one).

29. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Like i said earlier, all the 7-speed cars from GT1 & 2 have been mentioned already. If you have a new 7-speed car that hasn't been mentioned (very doubtful) we'll check it out and see if it's valid...but chances are it's been mentioned already. :confused:

Sakiale, check out www.formulanone.com or maybe it's www.formulanone.org i forget. Anyways, he's got a huge prize car list + tons of other useful info.

30. CONCEPTCARZRCL

CONCEPTCARZRCL (Banned)

in GT4 there is a car called the NIKE ONE 2022 and it has 8 gears:)