A new FFB wheel from Madcatz for the Xbox 360

• Thread starter -kj-
  • 104 comments
I cant justify thousands on a wheel either. But atleast here in Australia, you can get a fanatec gt2 with shifters and clubsport pedals for the same price as a g27. The gt3 works on all platforms and is twice the product a g27 is.

I cant justify thousands on a wheel either. But atleast here in Australia, you can get a fanatec gt2 with shifters and clubsport pedals for the same price as a g27. The gt3 works on all platforms and is twice the product a g27 is.
Wow, what a rip-off. Here in USA before GT5 release you could get 2 1/2 G27 for the price of GT2 CSP. While both wheels have the advantages I surely don't see GT2 twice the wheel as G27. Now I do have brake load cell mod on my G27 pedals.

Zoom!Zoom!
I surely don't see GT2 twice the wheel as G27. Now I do have brake load cell mod on my G27 pedals.
The gt2 csp is faster, stronger, smoother, quieter, more accurate, has extra rumble motors, supports both 6 speed AND sequential style shifting and has load cell braking as standard and every aspect of it including the rotation can be configured on the fly. It really is twice the product.

Oh. And it supports XID while the g27 does not, And its a true multiplat wheel. While the g27 is not.

The gt2 csp is faster, stronger, smoother, quieter, more accurate, has extra rumble motors, supports both 6 speed AND sequential style shifting and has load cell braking as standard and every aspect of it including the rotation can be configured on the fly. It really is twice the product.

Oh. And it supports XID while the g27 does not, And its a true multiplat wheel. While the g27 is not.
Load cell are not standard but CS edition. My G27 seems a little faster than Fanatec. Helical uses less energy than Fanatec belt. Belt is smoother but also muffs out some of the ffb effects which the extra rumble motors does help. I really don't like Fanatec cheapo 6-speed shift (I really hate those chop sticks)and while G27 is not that great either I like them better. (I'm waiting for the new Fanatec shifter.) G27 paddles are more solid. Even the CSP which is mostly well built but still has some very cheap parts like those noisy plastic pedal bearings. It's a shame you got to buy the tuning kit just to get those brass bearings.

I was gonna say, it's almost 3 times the product. It's too bad that people that used both, really know the differences. It's night and day. You forgot to mention the GT2 also feels much more solid and better built, and actually carries a real Porsche made wheel. Not to mention the belt in the GT2 has a far better feedback, smoothness and pushes ffb better throughout the entire wheel circumference.

The G27 is nice, but still pales in comparison in every aspect.

Zoom!Zoom!
Load cell are not standard but CS edition. My G27 seems a little faster than Fanatec. Helical uses less energy than Fanatec belt. Belt is smoother but also muffs out some of the ffb effects which the extra rumble motors does help. I really don't like Fanatec cheapo 6-speed shift (I really hate those chop sticks)and while G27 is not that great either I like them better. (I'm waiting for the new Fanatec shifter.) G27 paddles are more solid. Even the CSP which is mostly well built but still has some very cheap parts like those noisy plastic pedal bearings.

Im pretty sure I mentioned the gt2 csp. Regarding the rest of your reply, thanks for the lols. The g27 has less features, lower quality, less accuracy and works on less platforms. And you people scratch your heads and wonder why the gt2 costs more? (atleast in america)....Because the gt2 is twice the wheel.

I have a first shipment pwts, its nearly 2 years old now. Has never missed a beat. The logitech pedals im running with it though, they require almost weekly maintenance. Just waiting for the css and ill order some csp at the same time.

Im pretty sure I mentioned the gt2 csp. Regarding the rest of your reply, thanks for the lols. The g27 has less features, lower quality, less accuracy and works on less platforms. And you people scratch your heads and wonder why the gt2 costs more? (atleast in america)....Because the gt2 is twice the wheel.

I have a first shipment pwts, its nearly 2 years old now. Has never missed a beat. The logitech pedals im running with it though, they require almost weekly maintenance. Just waiting for the css and ill order some csp at the same time.

Ive already had to replace the load cell on my CSP yet no trouble with the G27 pedals even using the nixim mod for a year. Again I already point out there are some low quality parts even on the CSP.

Ive already had to replace the load cell on my CSP yet no trouble with the G27 pedals even using the nixim mod for a year. Again I already point out there are some low quality parts even on the CSP.

You are the first person I have come across that has any such issue. Odd.

Yes I've known others to post.

My hall effect sensor is kaput on my throttle at the mo.

Ah, not being loyal to any franchise feels sooooo good at times.

Yes it does....it allows me to enjoy all these great games!

True indeed. I just wish I could enjoy GT5. I just don't. I tried and I mean tried hard. Even when my group had just about gave up (what do I mean "just about" guys completed gave up) I initiated a number of things to try to keep the game alive and in our rotation. Even did a teaser vid with a group member. Here was my last desperate actions to get things going, they failed, miserably......

computerSUPERGT.jpg

MustangGTchallengecopy.jpg

I've seen a few post online who had the problem before I did. By their description I knew it was the load cell.

Sometimes that's the price you pay for exotic and IMO better hardware. You don't normally buy a Ferrari and expect it to run 200,000 miles without a service.

But there's always the 'Nissan' option for those that do.

Last edited:
i am finding it hard to gather all the wheel options for 360 as well as reviews.

after getting a g27 for my birthday i think i can justify buying a 360 compat. wheel for myself, we'll see if the wife goes along with it,haha.

zr1chris
It just looks cheap and I have had some horrible experiences with Madcatz. Ive never heard anything good about them either.

I agree. I have purchased two MadCatz controllers in the past. Both were poor quality and I returned them immediately. I have never made that mistake again. Granted the quality of the wheel has yet to be seen, but based upon past experiences I will be passing on this. I suggest members do the same.

I agree that Madcatz has always been synonymous with cheap plastic crap, but it looks to me like they've turned a new leaf lately and have been aquiring smaller companies like Tritton in order to improve their quality and image.

I actually have one of Fender Wooden Stratocaster Replicas and it is one of the highest quality game related accessories I've ever seen (rivaling my Fanatec PWTS).

On the topic of the wheel, it is actually the Saitek design (another company they aquired). The PC version was well received as an entry level wheel so I giving this new wheel a chance before I bad mouth it. It has to be better than the Microsoft WRW was. I went through 5 or 6 of those before I bought a Fanatec.

Oh man that wheel looks so worse!

I bought my Driving force Pro for 50€ and had fun with it for over 2-3 years... But this looks more like an wheel for kids...

Again, some of you need to stop dismissing the wheel because it's aligned with MadCatz. They didn't make the wheel, Saitek did. Just as (for example) EA didn't develop Dead Space 1 or 2...Visceral Games did.

See the likeness? The parent company only distributes/publishes.

Again, some of you need to stop dismissing the wheel because it's aligned with MadCatz. They didn't make the wheel, Saitek did. Just as (for example) EA didn't develop Dead Space 1 or 2...Visceral Games did.

I should add that while I too laughed at Mad Catz in the past, some of their most recent work has been much improved, controllers especially.

Load cell are not standard but CS edition. My G27 seems a little faster than Fanatec. Helical uses less energy than Fanatec belt. Belt is smoother but also muffs out some of the ffb effects which the extra rumble motors does help. I really don't like Fanatec cheapo 6-speed shift (I really hate those chop sticks)and while G27 is not that great either I like them better. (I'm waiting for the new Fanatec shifter.) G27 paddles are more solid. Even the CSP which is mostly well built but still has some very cheap parts like those noisy plastic pedal bearings. It's a shame you got to buy the tuning kit just to get those brass bearings.

Brass bearings are standard now. All new CSP have them already installed.

I wonder if you could plug the CSP and Shifter through the USB Ports on the Xbox, then just use the wheel by itself since its wireless.

And the Saitek wheel is from approximately 5 years ago and was only $70-$80 and the Madcatz wheel doesn't look like it changed at all. I dont remember the Saitek wheel ever getting any great ratings. It looks like they just took what someone else made 5 years ago and threw their label on it.

And the Saitek wheel is from approximately 5 years ago and was only $70-$80 and the Madcatz wheel doesn't look like it changed at all. I dont remember the Saitek wheel ever getting any great ratings. It looks like they just took what someone else made 5 years ago and threw their label on it.

If it's not broken why fix it?

Looks plasticky and fragile, as the DFGT did on the first time I saw it.

I'm not judging or labelling the MadCatz until I can experience one for some hours, the DFGT amazed me and this can't be much different.

I had hoped Mad catz would make a high end wheel for the 360/FM4 and give Fanatec a run for their money in that category. But alas, they appear to have picked the easier path.

At least xbox 360 will have more than 1 FFB wheel 👍

I personally have never used a Saitek wheel but I read some pretty good reviews over their R660 version, which seems to be the base of the new MadCatz wheel but revamped. The new MC wheel looks much better than the older one, which went for $100+ at one point. They redesigned the look of the pedals, added rubber to them, the wheel is MUCH improved over the Saitek (at least by looks), the paddle shifters seem to have went from cheap plastic to an aluminum (or other metal, at least I hope it's not silver painted/molded plastic but a metal), base and table clamp seem improved and the shifter was redesigned. Also, the only issues I read online of the Saitek R660 wheel seems to have been the drivers working with the 'latest' games. I did come across some tweak mod that makes it work so overall no bad reviews. If Madcatz took what was good about the R660, made improvents to it, and added better driver support... that's a winning combo there and very UN-MadCrapz ;)

Just wished it had a clutch but it seems that this is meant to be the DFGT equivalent on the xbox360 side.

Back