A new FFB wheel from Madcatz for the Xbox 360

• Thread starter -kj-
  • 104 comments
To you question know I don’t own one and if you read my first post it basically tells you why. I don’t care how real it feels or looks I am looking for something that will improve my lap times on track and handles generally good, You cant tell me using a clutch pedal or stick to change gears is faster, to me the less parts used the faster you will be able to react in the game . ~Ok if someone is looking just for it to feel real as in being in a” real car” then yes it probably be the best thing out but in online gaming I see it being a bit of a handicap .

So never having owned one how can you possibly say if they are worth it or not?

To you question know I don’t own one and if you read my first post it basically tells you why. I don’t care how real it feels or looks I am looking for something that will improve my lap times on track and handles generally good, You cant tell me using a clutch pedal or stick to change gears is faster, to me the less parts used the faster you will be able to react in the game . ~Ok if someone is looking just for it to feel real as in being in a” real car” then yes it probably be the best thing out but in online gaming I see it being a bit of a handicap .

Thank you for sharing your opinion in this matter.

I'm basically like you, in that I'm primarily interested in my laptimes.
However, You don't have to buy stick shifters with the fanatic, the base wheels come with paddles, and that is all I use.
I don't even use the clutch pedal either in FM3..

But as I said, especially with the clubsport pedals, you do get an increase in performance, I was ok on the MS wheel, but within a day of getting the PWTS, I was improving my times, It was obvious that the pedals allowed smother control, but the wheel also was smoother, and I could adjust far more 'on the fly' which means I can now tweak my setup to even suit the car/track without any hassle..

What more can you say? The advantage is disproportionately expensive, but you also get cross platform compatibility, and a better experience.

Last edited:
Some of the top times in Fm3 were done with the Microsoft WRW. In some ways the CSP helps to keep you from locking up the brakes yet at the same time can make it harder (take a split second longer) to nail the sweet brake spot right before locking up the brakes. It took me some time and a lot of adjustments with the Fanatec wheel and CSP to come close to those laps time I made with the Microsoft wheel.
While there is no question that the GT2/CSP is a much better set than Microsoft WRW yet I can't say it made me any faster in Fm 3. Now Iracing is a different story which takes advantage of wheels and load cells.

Last edited:
It's hard to say "this wheel makes you faster versus that wheel" but what I do know is that using the Fanatec/Clubsport combo definitely made me more CONSISTENT than using a controller or the Microsoft wheel. As said before the Clubsport pedals are just on another level versus other sets on the market and that has definitely help me get better and be way more competitive in Forza. And forget about GT5, as they said in the simracingtonight video review, using the Clubsport pedals with GT5 is like cheating. Racing with my Logitech versus my Fanatec set on the GT5 is NO comparison. Breaking is infinitely better, it really is like they said, cheating.

This wheel has now been priced:

http://www.madcatz.com/wheel

Ridiculous price if you ask me. When I first saw this wheel I thought it looked on a par with the DFGT, but instead MadCatz are going up against Fanatec rather than filling the gap in the market for a £100/$150 force feedback wheel on the 360.

Yeah...definitely getting the 458 wheel now.

FFB or no FFB, that price is simply stupid. I can (and will) buy a G27 for the same amount and get more. :odd:

Yeah, I'd definitely go down the Fanatec route for that price, even if it's a little more for the standard (and more conventional looking) pedals. At least you know you're getting a high-quality, premium wheel, rather than playing the build quality lottery with MadCatz. Even a second-hand Fanatec would be preferable.

This is such a shame as I was looking to upgrade from my MS wheel but I can't justify the outlay for a Fanatec at the moment. I already own a DFGT and really like that wheel (apart from the shift buttons) so I was hoping for an equivalently specced and priced wheel for the 360. MadCatz have dropped the ball massively with this new wheel. They could've had a whole corner of the market to themselves.

Oh well.

Maybe the price will drop... I suspect this wheel will be much similar in quality and features to the MS wheel... but it is definitly over priced right now

I won't jump the gun until I see it in real world use, reviews and reliability ratings from others. We could be pleasantly surprised, so I would wait and see.

I won't jump the gun until I see it in real world use, reviews and reliability ratings from others. We could be pleasantly surprised, so I would wait and see.

I'm certainly not writing it off just yet, but I can't see it selling well at that price. It's not really a premium looking wheel, nor does it have extra features like a clutch and h-shifter.

Standard Fanatec pedals just went down to $30, so now there is only a $30 difference between a CSR or GT2 and the MadCatz. Thats a no-brainer if you ask me

Standard Fanatec pedals just went down to $30, so now there is only a $30 difference between a CSR or GT2 and the MadCatz. Thats a no-brainer if you ask me

AND the fact the GT2 can be used all platforms. I agree...no brainer.

Back