A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 147 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Rainmasters: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

9XLPVEi.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability:
02/10/2014 - 16/10/2014, 04:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.200,000
Silver: Cr.120,000
Bronze: Cr.100,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT METALLIC 006-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Track Length: 4.35 miles / 7000 m
Time of day: 15:40
Temp: 19ºc
Precipitation: 100% [Rain will slowly stop and track surface drys progressively throughout]

Typical Opponents:
AC Cars 427 S/C '66
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00

Collision and Short Cut Penalties are active for this race.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This one's tough for me..

4wd is very good in the Rain but the care i've used can't keep u with the first 3 care

Tried: RS6 Avant - 4th - best Lap 2.48.312
R8 4.2 - 4th

Going to try volkswagen golf now

Edit: Golf - 3d - 2.42

:-(

Last edited:
Phew.... I won in my first attempt with the Suzuki GSX-R by 0.111s over the 427 S/C '66 and the R8 4.2FIS R tronic '07 was only about a second behind him. I could have probably gone a little faster through the corners, but I was worrying about spinning out. When the water on the track was over 60% my backend was slipping and sliding a lot. Even braking from high speed was quite an adventure.

I'll try this event later with something heavier and more powerful. See how the tradeoff is. I passed the AC Cars 427 S/C on lap 5 by Stavelot, but he just blew right past me on Blanchimont. I never thought I would catch him. Thankfully, the light weight of my GSX-R allowed me to hold off on braking into the final Chicane and I shot past him there. I made a one-move block move, but I don't think he would have caught me thanks to the close finish line. Another 200 feet and I was probably toast. Nice event. I just HATE the rain. LOL!

4wd is very good in the Rain but the care i've used can't keep u with the first 3 care

R8 4.2 - 4th

Phew.... I won in my first attempt with the Suzuki GSX-R by 0.111s over the 427 S/C '66 and the R8 4.2FIS R tronic '07 was only about a second behind him. I could have probably gone a little faster through the corners, but I was worrying about spinning out. When the water on the track was over 60% my backend was slipping and sliding a lot. Even braking from high speed was quite an adventure.

I'll try this event later with something heavier and more powerful. See how the tradeoff is. I passed the AC Cars 427 S/C on lap 5 by Stavelot, but he just blew right past me on Blanchimont. I never thought I would catch him. Thankfully, the light weight of my GSX-R allowed me to hold off on braking into the final Chicane and I shot past him there. I made a one-move block move, but I don't think he would have caught me thanks to the close finish line. Another 200 feet and I was probably toast. Nice event. I just HATE the rain. LOL!

R8 4.2 - 4th

R8 4.2 - 4th

I won with the renualt sport Clio v6 24v '00 with a best time of 2:39.326 and overall track time at 14:23.876

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R34) '99 and won fairly easily. The tune I had was a bit tail happy but catchable. Started with TC=1 and ASM=On for the rain and turned these off half way through as the track dried out.

After many tries with 4WD vehicles and got badly beaten I tried the GSX-R, the lead rabbit was the Zonda and I passed him at Les Combes on 2nd lap, built a lead of 27 seconds by start of last lap. The Zonda was eating into my lead really fast and I won by 2.3 seconds, at the Bus Stop the Zonda straight lined it with no penalty, apart from the first lap my times were 2:38 s. I'm far from the best driver but that last lap was ridiculous by the Zonda.
The GSX-R is good for Gold on this one.

after a million try with 4WDs and getting only second place (with me behind the rabbit like 3-days away!) I almost lost hope, but then servers went down, some error message appeared that I got disconnected. after a few minutes, I was able to login again, this time I as able to pass the ferrari rabbit in the middle of the 3 lap.. that rabbit never saw me crossing the finish line. he was like 16 sec away. i guess somebody is still trying to fix these events..

btw i was using TK ZZII, rs200 and the aventador

Last edited:
I won with the renualt sport Clio v6 24v '00 with a best time of 2:39.326 and overall track time at 14:23.876
I've got a feeling you're trying to tell us something...

Please don't make multiple posts in a row and certainly don't flood the forums with the same message.

Pretty easy win for me, i used the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08, turned traction control OFF, ABS to 1 and all asists ON (I know it's not really fair). The only car that came close was a Ford GT40 Mark I which was driving very aggressive and almost overtook me on the 5th lap at the finish

Did this one in an rx500. passed the zonda on the 2nd lap and won by 18 seconds with 0 assists. brilliant car

And why on earth are they calling this "Rainmasters", when 3/5 of the race takes place in conditions that would make Sahara seem like a rainy region?! And one is not allowed rain tyres?!
BRZ for me. Easy (yes, a big fat thanks to praiano63...), but one might consider a top speed a nudge above 196kph... :dunce:

Won this the expert using a Ferrari 458 Italia! Whew! Had to battle the R390 GT1 Road car for the win.

Last edited:
Used a beefed up Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac, beat the M5/ZO6 rabbits by 2 seconds. Little thing is a blast on the wet, not so much when the track starts to dry.

Pretty easy to be honest, the AI is really slow in the wet. Nice to see the track drying over the race though - it changes each time you do it too. I've run it 3 times now, twice in an Evo IV and once in an F430, 9% as I crossed the line the first time, 33% the second and 11% the third time. As long as you stay off the racing line for the first 3 laps you'll have more grip, once it really starts to dry you can run the normal line again.

Did they change the AI difficulty or actually down-tune the AI cars to 500PP?

Because when I first raced this event it was unbelievably hard. Sometimes it was nearly impossible to catch the rabbit like the Zonda or the GTO without SRF.

I just tried it again (against a Zonda and a GTO), and it was so easy this time. I couldn't believe it was the same race.

Have tried this event and got Gold.
It seems like PD have adjusted some things. Earlier I was coming up against R390, Enzo etc and never got near them, I have not come across them now since I was signed out mid race, I have also not met the Peugeot 905 in the beginner event.
It seems, as mentioned in another thread, things are not being tested properly but at least have been corrected quickly, would be nice to have heard something from PD rather than be told I'm offline then when I try later things have changed but get no notification.

So the Suzuki GSX seems to be the easiest car to win with?

I'd like to win with something other than that, but with the luck I've had, that might probably be my last resort.

So the Suzuki GSX seems to be the easiest car to win with?

I'd like to win with something other than that, but with the luck I've had, that might probably be my last resort.

I've seen that Suzuki too many times in leaderboards. Maybe it's glitched, maybe not, but I refuse to use it. If it gives me Gold, I feel like it was a result of a glitched car, not my own work.

Is this why you'd prefer to win with another car?

I've seen that Suzuki too many times in leaderboards. Maybe it's glitched, maybe not, but I refuse to use it. If it gives me Gold, I feel like it was a result of a glitched car, not my own work.

Is this why you'd prefer to win with another car?

Not really glitched, but it's one of the cars that performs way above its PP level. The TS030, 2J and the KTM are the same.

Wow this was a fun one! One of my most exciting races yet. Ran this with my Mustang GT350 which I jad just ran in the Autumn Ring seasonal. Was chasing a Nissan R390 street. Reeled him in through laps 3-4. Then he stuck on my tail all the way until the end. He gained in the straights. On the straight before the bus stop, he tried to overtake on the outside grass,started pushing me in, then I went off on the grass but for a miracle saved it right before the bus stop and still ahead of him. Won it by .2! Then after watching the auto replay, I forget to save replay. AAARGH!! Maybe I'll run it again. lol

One of the most boring A-spec ever... race on ovals doesn't worth at all, Spa + rain + 500 PP = incredibly simple... with every car i tried, i won within the second lap; instead, race at autumn ring it's been funny; simple track, but various, and, most of all, i like muscle car, modern or old they are. Anyway, like usually, i can make a lot of credits to get bigger my garage and try other cars.

Now that was odd and outrageous. Get out to a 10 sec lead after 4 laps with my fave RGT and 2:46-2:54 laps, then all of a sudden the rubber band kicks in and the AM Vantage v12 rabbit and his Ruf RGT buddy are on may tail, ram me at the bus stop, I get the 5 sec penalty and end up in 2nd!

Second time with M3 had a good defensive battle with the red F40 all over my tail, we was rubbin and racin until he punted me good at Blanchimot.

Third time Countach, again push push on laps 3 and 4 to build cushion as AI comes on in lap 5, but the Lambo wins with 4 secs to spare. Got down to 2:40 lap time.

Last edited:
What a laugh - the AI drives slow in the wet - I drive full speed :lol:. In 1st place by mid-lap 3. I had a disastrous 1st lap off (avoiding 5th 6th and 7th who were skidding all over the shop decelerating to the final corner) which caused a horrific shortcut where my car was sliding sideways across the chicanes (10 sec penalty). Just got faster and faster from there managed a 2:39:312 with NSX-R Road Going LM Edition.

Latest Posts

Back