ABB Formula E 2018-19

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by TRLWNC7396, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Formula E is motorsport elitism personified IMO. No need to try and explain it as anything else.

2. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

New race this weekend! Wonder how it will go.

We shall see. ;)

3. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

How so?

4. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

Marrakesh ePrix starting soon.

5. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

In case anyone missed what actually turned out to be an enthralling race.

Timlour and Litening1 like this.
  6. Dylan

Dylan

What a race! Second best race of the series. Might be a little biased since my team won.

DesertPenguin and TRLWNC7396 like this.
  7. twitcher

twitcher

What did people think of the activation zone for attack mode on the Marrakech circuit? To me it looked, “more natural”, or less awkward maybe than last race. However, because it was on the outside of a corner, you pick up marbles and pickup by going through the zone, which seems a little counter productive.

Overall that was a fun race to watch

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  8. twitcher

twitcher

Interesting interview with Agag about FE.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/01/16...interview-with-formula-e-boss-alejandro-agag/

The part I found most interesting was this:
    I didn’t know that Liberty was at all involved with FE. So now regardless of which of either FE or F1 succeed in the long run, the FIA and Liberty have their bases covered....

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  9. FoxMulder

FoxMulder

I thought it was streaming on YouTube this season? The first race was but now it's saying not available in my country. I don't have cable, oh well.

I thought it would be fun to watch this year.

10. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

What country are you in? Check the Formula E website as they have details of broadcast in each country.

11. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I have enjoyed watching Formula E so far. I saw most of the second half of the Formula E coverage even after the 2019 24 Hours of Daytona wrapped up. This series has come a long way now in its 5th season. I still haven't seen on YouTube the first and second rounds. I still enjoy the action thus far.

12. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I have really enjoyed Formula E so far this season. The races on YouTube are locked for a week here in Ireland as BT Sport show them. I don't have BT Sport and refuse to subscribe to more TV channels.

TRLWNC7396, Carbon_6 and Jimlaad43 like this.
  13. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

I hope that I'll have time to watch the race next week live. Rather than a week later, like last time! ;)

14. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

How the hell does Formula E do it? Another bonkers and crazy race with a red flag, great use of Attack Mode and one of the most ridiculous last laps I've seen in a long time.

Awesome!

Carbon_6 and TRLWNC7396 like this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

I missed this

16. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Just caught up with the highlights. They were crazy, what an end! I'm definitely going to have to watch the whole race.

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  17. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

I just finished watching the race! That was an INTENSE ending!!!!

Awesome run for everyone. I'm so sad for Buemi and team mate. But, that's racing!

Awesome race!

18. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

19. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

An indoors race. That sounds extremely intriguing!

20. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

An enthralling race with a controversial outcome...

21. jamman39

jamman39

Controversial is right. Bird got ripped off

22. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Premium

So we're 5 races into the season and 2 points separate 4 drivers at the top of the championship, at least half of the grid has won, or should have won, a race this season. Gen 2 Formula E is delivering!

23. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Yeah I’m really enjoying it this season. Still have a wish that they would race on real race tracks all the time but I get why they don’t. Hopefully as the series develops that will happen.

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  24. Quakebass

Quakebass

I'm confused as to how to actually watch the full race replays. I'm rarely able to watch the races live on the actual day of the race due to time zones and real life responsibilities, but it seems they periodically delete (or rather make private) and re-upload the full races at random intervals. Most of the time it's seem like the races reappear around a week after they occur, and I've been able to watch all but the most recent race. Last week I could still find rounds 3 and 4, but t this current moment I can only find race 1 and 2 on the YouTube channel, but nothing else. Is it geo-blocked, or is FE's promotion team just a little funky?

25. jamman39

jamman39

Another crazy race finish. This one wasn't as entertaining to watch as the last few races have been, but that's a really high bar.

26. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

Yeah it was quite a messy affair in Sanya, with plenty of penalties during and after the race (plus fines).

It's amazing how close the championships have become after six races: the top 6 drivers are covered by 10 points, and the the top 4 teams are covered by just 2!

TRLWNC7396, Jimlaad43 and jamman39 like this.
  27. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

The different winner streak continues...

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  28. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

I like the randomness of winners. It makes the championship a REAL championship!

Thanks for putting this up. My DVR ran out of time.... So I've increased the finish time! ;)

Carbon_6 likes this.
  29. Carbon_6

Carbon_6

TRLWNC7396 likes this.
  30. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Last month, I saw highlights of the Paris e-Prix. I am surprised there have been multiple e-Prix races, but that race being the first sort of wet race in the history of Formula E. I saw that YouTube video with the title saying "1st Wet e-Prix" in Post No. 89. Quite interesting event.

TRLWNC7396 likes this.