AE86, Porsche 962C and more leaked by PD, coming to GTS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing PD chose the Audi TT '03 over the '07 and '09 that were also premium in GT6 because '03 was the first year for the 3.2L V6? The '09 TTS with 2.0L is far superior. Sigh. Even better would be a 2014+ TT RS...

I'm guessing PD chose the Audi TT '03 over the '07 and '09 that were also premium in GT6 because '03 was the first year for the 3.2L V6? The '09 TTS with 2.0L is far superior. Sigh. Even better would be a 2014+ TT RS...
I'd prefer to have the TT RS. Especially the second gen.

Nooooo! OMG why didn't I get a snapshot of the data when the update came out... if the cars were included, that means track data could have too. Which means we'd know what next track is... :(

Eh, it was a matter of time before PD started working on the Porsche 962. They have added multiple Group C cars back from GT6 and I bet the 962 would have been one of the first Porsches PD added to earlier Gran Turismo titles if it wasn't for EA's exclusive deal.

What I find also interesting is that the Trueno would be the first of GT6's updated standards to be revamped for GT Sport. So far, the standard cars PD brought back as premiums were still plain standard cars in GT6 (jaggies and all). The AE86 Trueno was given a makeover between GT5 & 6, giving it a clean (almost premium) look over other PS2 ported cars. I hope some people replicate the JTCC styled Racing Mods for the AE86 Trueno that were in Gran Turismo 1 & 2.

I just want to know who is clamoring for a Honda Fit Hybrid. No, I don't think every car in the game has to be super sporty and powerful, but it needs to have some relevance in the automotive world. The Mercedes 1886 Motorwagen contraption has far more relevance than a Fit Hybrid. Why is PD wasting their time modeling cars like this?

Except Kaz said differently.

https://www.teamvvv.com/news/standard-cars-likely-to-stay-in-gran-turismo-7-no-prologue-planned/

We dont know if plans changed but he's not since said they changed their minds and Standards are a thing of the past, hence my use of the term "not necessarily" since there is a strong potential we get Standards in GT7 albeit improved I'm sure.

That article is from 2014!! It's refering to this game, long before they announced it's official title. I think logic will dictate that standards will never return.

I just want to know who is clamoring for a Honda Fit Hybrid. No, I don't think every car in the game has to be super sporty and powerful, but it needs to have some relevance in the automotive world. The Mercedes 1886 Motorwagen contraption has far more relevance than a Fit Hybrid. Why is PD wasting their time modeling cars like this?

Because regular cars are one of Gran Turismo’s backbones. It’s something that makes it “Gran Turismo”.

Not only do they add some nice variety to the game, it’s fun to race in cars that you wouldn’t think would normally be on a racetrack.

That being said, I do think it’s best that they get the more popular requests out of the way first. One regular car isn’t much harm, though.

Why not purchase a Honda Fit RS '10 errrr Honda Fit Hybrid '14?

Performance aside, the first TT model had a very distinct design that is slowly becoming a modern classic. Those that followed up until the latest model had less character, in my opinion.

PD likes to add the first model year/generation of a car more than recent versions. Like they chose to add the Focus ST instead of the RS, Golf VII GTi instead of the Golf VII R and Mustang GT instead of the GT350R. It’s kinda annoying, but it still reminds people of where a car originated from and now it evolved over time. Latest versions of cars would be great to have though!

PD likes to add the first model year/generation of a car more than recent versions. Like they chose to add the Focus ST instead of the RS, Golf VII GTi instead of the Golf VII R and Mustang GT instead of the GT350R. It’s kinda annoying, but it still reminds people of where a car originated from and now it evolved over time. Latest versions of cars would be great to have though!
Some of it is also when they modelled some cars. Release date was 2017. Whether they sought out the Manufacturers or Manufacturers asked for certain cars to be in. May not have been enough time to model those specific high end models.

Then, we get the prototype GT3 Emil Frey RC F and soon after, get an updated model.

We'll see what happens with extra modelling help and Kaz bringing forward cars when they're ready.

Can we have a Volvo please
Wasn't there only one premium in the PS3-era games, with the C30 R-Design? IMO I'd love a 850T5 sedan, or maybe a P1300.

Anyway, I'd bet the 962C is gonna be added to Gr.1 like the other Group Cs. Not that I personally mind. That is, as long as we eventually see races - either in Sport Mode or via a lobby option - where we can get "sub-rules," like a Gr.1 race that'd be limited to certain cars within the class, instead of allowing all of them. This would be great for having a Gr.1 race that only permits Group C cars.

I also was wondering: if BoP is done by AI, maybe it could be calculated via a track-by-track basis per car, and specifically by the laptime that the car sets on the course.

But that aside, I wonder what Group C cars we could see from other automakers? There's potentially the Lancia LC2 and Lamborghini Countach QVX among them, as well as Toyota (between the TS010 or the 88C-V), the Peugeot 905, the Alfa Romeo SE 048SP, the Aston Martin AMR1, plus the Nissan R89C from prior GT games. I'm just not too sure about the Lancia LC2, since it'd be the only Group C car to not be from the late 80s/early 90s, being from '82. The Lancia may be the least likely one, in that case. But otherwise, I'd love that Alfa Romeo and Lamborghini...

Last edited:
Wasn't there only one premium in the PS3-era games, with the C30 R-Design? IMO I'd love a 850T5 sedan, or maybe a P1300.

Anyway, I'd bet the 962C is gonna be added to Gr.1 like the other Group Cs. Not that I personally mind. That is, as long as we eventually see races - either in Sport Mode or via a lobby option - where we can get "sub-rules," like a Gr.1 race that'd be limited to certain cars within the class, instead of allowing all of them. This would be great for having a Gr.1 race that only permits Group C cars.

I also was wondering: if BoP is done by AI, maybe it could be calculated via a track-by-track basis per car, and specifically by the laptime that the car sets on the course.

But that aside, I wonder what Group C cars we could see from other automakers? There's potentially the Lancia LC2 and Lamborghini Countach QVX among them, as well as Toyota (between the TS010 or the 88C-V), the Peugeot 905, the Alfa Romeo SE 048SP, the Aston Martin AMR1, plus the Nissan R89C from prior GT games. I'm just not too sure about the Lancia LC2, since it'd be the only Group C car to not be from the late 80s/early 90s, being from '82. The Lancia may be the least likely one, in that case. But otherwise, I'd love that Alfa Romeo and Lamborghini...

Lancia LC2 did race against the Porsche 962C and the Porsche 956.

Alfa Romeo is a protoype that never raced which was a shame to be honest. I do hope it makes its debut in a racing game. It was supposed to have a Alfa Romeo V10 but it was replaced with a Ferrari V12.

The Aston Martin AMR1 would also make a fine addition.

I just wish we get Group C into a separate class it would make Group C much more better.

I do wish PD uses Group C cars for its Esport events.

Even if Group C is dead it would be great to see it get revived for younger generations who know nothing about it.

Sometimes the slow cars can be fun too. Odd that they're giving us the hybrid version of the Fit but it's a slightly more left field choice than the "sporty" RS model from GT6.

As for the 962 is this the first time we've had an all new Group C car in the game since GT4? GT3 only had the 787B and GT4 had a pretty strong Group C roster.

The Fit Hybrid is this boi here:

honda-jazz-front-three-quarters.jpg

Any guesses on how many credits these are gonna be? In all honesty I only care about the 962, not that I won’t pick the others up, but I only care about the Porsche.

I just wish we get Group C into a separate class it would make Group C much more better.

I'm not sure if a separate class is needed though. At least, not as much as seeing more specialized events that feature one of the staple groups (with BoP on, settings disabled, etc.) but with further car limitations. Like having an N100 event but you can't use cars that come in N200 as stock, and you can only use kei cars. In other words, the idea of "sub-rules." This is in addition to another idea, wherein BoP could potentially be calculated depending on which car is at which track, and potentially with the goal of all potential cars having as close laptimes as possible.

Most people own regular cars and find it sweet to drive their car around the track. But if you like nothing but super cars go play Assfault 9....

Happy about the future inclusion of these cars. Wondering if Rothmans will be the based livery for the 962C and if the Rothmans livery would look like what Forza has done in the past or would it be a barcode-like the Jaguar XJR-9. Definitely wait and see

Gonna guess "Racing" would substitute Rothmans if the die-casts I've seen are anything to go by.

Our Facebook comments section is inundated by AE86 comments. I don't get it: it'll be cool to see it in full high-quality detail from PD, but I imagine a good chunk of the Trueno's appeal comes from its modified versions. Turning up a power percentage and fitting stickier stock-sized rubber won't really provide that, IMO.

So basically, its the MK IV Supra all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back