Alfa Romeo Giulia 2016

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by R1600Turbo, Jun 23, 2015.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

2. Legro

Legro

3. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Looks VERY good, if i could afford one, i would buy one!

Although i still don't see how Fiat-Chrysler expects to sell 150k of those in America...
    Now, i shall be waiting for the front to be shown.

4. mustafur

mustafur

Its a small midsize(Compact Executive) and that is one of Americas biggest markets(D Segment), out of all their cars this will be the biggest hit if they take it to US.

5. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Yes, but, chances are, typical Americans, which will probably not have heard of the 4C, will be like
    "WHAT THE :censored: IS AN ALFA ROMEO?!" or something along the lines, and buy a Toyota or another car brand they know well or something.

Swagger897 likes this.
  6. mustafur

mustafur

That will happen anyway Americans are typically a Conservertive market, the key for Alfa would be to get a foothold at first i would assume.

Swagger897 likes this.
  7. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

They might take note when the Giulia arrives with a ferrari V6 under the bonnet :sly:.

8. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I don't think Alfa Romeo would want these types of buyers anyways. I think they are probably attempting to position this as the Jr. Maserati, which itself is essentially viewed as a Jr. Ferrari. It's a marketing strategy that no other premium makes can really pull off, aside from *maybe* Audi; but Audi's connections to Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti are much more tenuous and geographically/culturally/ideologically incongruous. Same story with BMW and Rolls Royce. Fiat - Alfa - Maserati - Ferrari. It's a style-driven hierarchy of a mostly singular ethos.

I could see a first time premium buyer, 27 and fresh off his substantial promotion thinking, "Alright, well this Alfa has most of the Italian style of what I really want, which is a Maserati, but it's half the price!" It's that idea of standing next to something wonderful...maybe you can't yet touch that thing, but you can feel it. This is the power potential I think Alfa Romeo has in the US.

Swagger897 likes this.
  9. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

I'm sure I will see plenty of them in my area. Mercedes CLA and C300s are as common as Toyotas it seems.

Too bad the owners will call them "Alpha Romeros" by mistake. :rolleyes:

Swagger897 likes this.
  10. psntomaz

psntomaz

Well people seem to be aware of AR if the 4C can sell more units per month than the 14 300 Srts while costing the same.

11. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Oops, well that's what they get for making the names so close. :p

12. Leonidae@MFT

[email protected] Premium

Apparently this car is set for revealing very soon. Sources say that it will have "Ferrari-derived" V6 offering 500bhp+, so I'd expect forced induction. If the claim of the motors origins are true, then it gives more weight to the rumored return of Ferrari's Dino. Also, weight target is under 1500kg, but I certainly hope that it is RWD. Will be updated when I see more info regarding this. Apparently there's some pics floating around.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ed-alfa-romeo-milano-photo-gallery-97016.html

13. SecretAgentZero

SecretAgentZero

I want one. Like, yesterday.

[email protected] likes this.
  14. YSSMAN

YSSMAN Premium

To me, at least from those pictures, it looks like a Dodge Dart with a Maserati Ghibli back end.

Let's just hope they don't offer it with that 9-speed automatic.

Swagger897 likes this.
  15. Crash

Crash Premium

To continue the conversation from the Giulietta thread.

I think the key is for Alfa in the US at first to do some smart advertising and bring a car that's unique and great looking. I think Fiat did a bang up job advertising and getting visibility to the US about the 500 and the brand.

People here in America also generally don't cross shop new Toyotas with entry level premium/luxury cars like BMW, MB, Audi, etc., which this Alfa will compete with.

As cool as that sounds, frankly, the maintenance of that scares the crap out of me.

I agree with you, they are each positioned respectively as the little brother of the other.

There are two Alfa dealers in my area, neither of which has any Alfa stock, but nonetheless, the facade and logos and website are up. Though both are officially Fiat/Alfa dealers, one of them has a Maserati dealer owned by the same auto group sharing the same lot.

--

As for the Giulia, I will withhold judgement until it is announced and I see some official pictures of it from a few different angles.

16. psntomaz

psntomaz

it is RWD, it has Maserati's V6

17. D.Kadettdriver

D.Kadettdriver

More leaked pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: all other photos can be viewed here

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  18. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Hmm, the photos only work when I quote the post, but not after I reply. Try re-hosting them.

In any case, I love it. Too bad I won't be able to afford one.

19. D.Kadettdriver

D.Kadettdriver

Yeah, oddly they only show up when I review or try to edit the post:confused:

20. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

The question is, will the US market like this car?

21. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

I have to say, i love the heck outta the front, i am glad they didn't just strap a Giulietta(!) front onto a sedan, It also looks like a modernized 159, which is a plus.
    Lets just hope that the 510 HP engine of the QV won't break down very often...

SVPSkins likes this.
  22. psntomaz

psntomaz

As i said before, People Love the Alfa 4C more than they do the 300 SRT judging by sales...and it costs the same

23. Ferraridriver27

Ferraridriver27

24. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I think I really like it. I need some time for it to settle in.

25. kikie

kikie Premium

My next car?

26. Ferraridriver27

Ferraridriver27

AR8.png A few screenshots: AR1.png AR2.png AR3.png AR5.png AR6.png AR7.png

Niku Driver HC likes this.
  27. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

28. psntomaz

psntomaz

:censored:!!

510 hp and ratio 2.99, should make 1525 kg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  29. Leonidae@MFT

[email protected] Premium

Gotta love thread mergers. :p But yes, it looks stunning, and apparently will perform ridiculously well.. Now, all we need to know is the pricing etc.

30. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

:drool: I'd rather have this than any German luxury cars. I do hope this comes to America.